Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chris

Potato del Grande

2:51 - Apparently, they omitted a lot of Cutscenes in our demo. All the time Cloud had migraines were cuts for flashback scenes which we're considered heavy story spoilers. It's nice to know Square is still keeping some stuff under wraps.

Oh that's good, I was disappointed that all the flashback dialogue in the reactor had been replaced by just a migrane and assumed it had been moved forward.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Butterfinger DLC apparently 100% claimed and out of stock within 30 hours.

md73bpuudqk41.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
I tried the demo. Classic is a joke and certainly not anywhere near the "turn based" option they mentioned that would appease the people who wanted that. Though I didn't mind the regular combat as much. Did NOT like that the ATB gauge of the party members you didn't control moved at 1/4th of the speed since they apparently didn't auto attack as much. It felt like to use thunder effectively, I had to control Barret. Similarly, I couldn't expect him to have an ATB up to use cure, so I mostly used potions. Not sure how that will factor in later in the game. I could see that becoming an even bigger problem if there are combos, or materias might negate it. Or it changes or they patch it. That was my only "I really don't like this". Music was amazing though.

Agree with most scepticisms. It might end up bad. I think the episodic variant is bad, especially since it is called "Final Fantasy 7 remake" and it being episodic isn't tagged to any part of the game. I think many will buy it and expect the full game and might be dissapointed. I think they know they have a cash cow in the name and will try to cash in on it and more sales is also why I think it is a deliberate marketing strategy to not put "Episode X" on the cover. An asshole move. I don't believe it will offer 50-60 hours of "main story". I expect it to be padded with non interesting side "quests". Aaaand, I will have the deluxe edition pre ordered. Nostalgia won't let me do anything else.

And to most the people here who say "oh I will wait and see... I will wait until all the episodes are out... I will...." I have 70+ of you on my PSN friends list. I fully expect to see most of you tagged with playing "Final Fantasy 7 remake" within the first days. Especially UT.... :)
You're a moron. How's BFA?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why is there stock for a fucking digital item anyways.
Probably because it's not an automated process or whatever and they don't want to run the promotion too long.

Numbers were very low though, 25k for the higher tiers, 50k for the first couple, so not too surprising.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I tried the demo. Classic is a joke and certainly not anywhere near the "turn based" option they mentioned that would appease the people who wanted that. Though I didn't mind the regular combat as much. Did NOT like that the ATB gauge of the party members you didn't control moved at 1/4th of the speed since they apparently didn't auto attack as much. It felt like to use thunder effectively, I had to control Barret. Similarly, I couldn't expect him to have an ATB up to use cure, so I mostly used potions. Not sure how that will factor in later in the game. I could see that becoming an even bigger problem if there are combos, or materias might negate it. Or it changes or they patch it. That was my only "I really don't like this". Music was amazing though.

Agree with most scepticisms. It might end up bad. I think the episodic variant is bad, especially since it is called "Final Fantasy 7 remake" and it being episodic isn't tagged to any part of the game. I think many will buy it and expect the full game and might be dissapointed. I think they know they have a cash cow in the name and will try to cash in on it and more sales is also why I think it is a deliberate marketing strategy to not put "Episode X" on the cover. An asshole move. I don't believe it will offer 50-60 hours of "main story". I expect it to be padded with non interesting side "quests". Aaaand, I will have the deluxe edition pre ordered. Nostalgia won't let me do anything else.

And to most the people here who say "oh I will wait and see... I will wait until all the episodes are out... I will...." I have 70+ of you on my PSN friends list. I fully expect to see most of you tagged with playing "Final Fantasy 7 remake" within the first days. Especially UT.... :)

GameFly. SE doesn’t get a cent. :)

May take it off my queue entirely though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How did people get access to the demo? I've had this on pre-order since it first was announced at E3 in like 2012, but whatever. I just want the game.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I didn't even notice the "you've earned dlc" bit. Sense of pride and accomplishment, boys. Pride and accomplishment.

*Pantomimes patting self on-back while making jerking-off motions with the other hand*

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
All they had to do was let the classic mode issue all commands and let me rotate through chars as their turn was up. I really hope they do a big patch and change it. Pipe dreams lol

• 1Like

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’ve played through the demo a couple times now, and I enjoy it. Sure I miss the old school turn based combat, but I like the new combat better than FF15. Is the whole remake thing a cash grab? Sure. Is it probably going to be too short? Yep.
But I’m not poor, and I’ve wasted money doing plenty of stupid things that didn’t occupy my time as much as this will. So I’m excited.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Parasite Eve (the first one, fuck the second one) was so badass when it came out. Trying to play it again currently is impossible because the controls are actually fucking awful. Like FF XV, what the fuck happened between XIII and XV? Say what you want about XIII, at least it controlled well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

2:51 - Apparently, they omitted a lot of Cutscenes in our demo. All the time Cloud had migraines were cuts for flashback scenes which we're considered heavy story spoilers. It's nice to know Square is still keeping some stuff under wraps.

To a highly popular game from 20+ years ago? Legit what is there to spoil? The primary demographic this game is aimed for has already played the source material multiple times.

1583439365784.png

I watched my favorite streamer play it. The first 5 minutes legit pulled my nostalgia strings HARD. I loved that opening scene in 1997 and I loved it just as much in 2020. But after that I just could not shake the fact that yes, this is cool and all, but a full game of just this location is going to get old really quick. I still don't see being able to stomach a full game of Midgar. The combat still looks awesome though, but definitely will be waiting a few months to see exactly how this plays out when Square is forced to not be so vague about it. Ghosts of Tsushima looks more appealing to me anyway.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To a highly popular game from 20+ years ago? Legit what is there to spoil? The primary demographic this game is aimed for has already played the source material multiple times.

View attachment 252532

I watched my favorite streamer play it. The first 5 minutes legit pulled my nostalgia strings HARD. I loved that opening scene in 1997 and I loved it just as much in 2020. But after that I just could not shake the fact that yes, this is cool and all, but a full game of just this location is going to get old really quick. I still don't see being able to stomach a full game of Midgar. The combat still looks awesome though, but definitely will be waiting a few months to see exactly how this plays out when Square is forced to not be so vague about it. Ghosts of Tsushima looks more appealing to me anyway.

Well, given they clearly are making some changes to the main overall story I'd assume they wouldn't want the changes to be spoiled since those are the "new" parts. I'm skeptical they change it overly much, but who knows. They could really end up changing how it all plays out with even the addition of more backstory.