Japan devs not influenced by woke?

1710727840806.png

Last edited:
  • 2Barf
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit, didn't woke peeps try to cancel Yoshi P over lack of black characters in 16? Is it one, or the other?

Rude

Potato del Grande
Please, you even typing the words standards is fucking laughable. Occasionally you won't post something completely moronic, but 99% of anything you think, say, or comment is complete and utter shit. You'd do better to be a pretend troll, people might at least chuckle for you.
Can you point out where I'm trolling? You're a vapid, idiot twat.

Related: Shout out to my fan club president, Tarisk Tarisk . Glad to see diabetes hasn't killed you yet.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Can you point out where I'm trolling? You're a vapid, idiot twat.

Related: Shout out to my fan club president, Tarisk Tarisk . Glad to see diabetes hasn't killed you yet.

I guess that went over your head, I made the point you weren't trolling. Never disappoint!

• 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande
I guess that went over your head, I made the point you weren't trolling. Never disappoint!
Your sarcasm is another one of your impressive traits, so it wasn't lost on me. Mediocrity astonishes you for a reason.

Merrith

Your sarcasm is another one of your impressive traits, so it wasn't lost on me. Mediocrity astonishes you for a reason.

Please, anyone should feel safer checking out any game you don't rate highly.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dio literally notes guests and staff were in the crossfire of the man with the gun for an arm (who he assumes is Barrett).

Did he? My bad. I don't remember seeing any corpses of regular people on the ground, just lots of Shinra troopers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Besides being totally wrong, you are complaining about details that kept the game a T rating instead of a MA.

I might be wrong about Dyne's victims, but I listed a ton of other things that I thought were unnecessary changes and I don't think I was wrong about the lion's share of those. The overall sanitization that robs key moments of gravitas is also an issue, but that's been a problem in our culture for a while. Creators have to decide whether they want their work to have real impact, or be palatable for mainstream audiences / get the T rating.

Merrith

Did he? My bad. I don't remember seeing any corpses of regular people on the ground, just lots of Shinra troopers. Maybe I'm wrong.

I might be wrong about Dyne's victims, but I listed a ton of other things that I thought were unnecessary changes and I don't think I was wrong about the lion's share of those. The overall sanitization that robs key moments of gravitas is also an issue, but that's been a problem in our culture for a while. Creators have to decide whether they want their work to have real impact, or be palatable for mainstream audiences / get the T rating.

Yeah they basically show multiple bodies under cover and Dio remarks that both guests and staff were caught up in it, that's what the party reacts to.

I disagree on most of the other issues, too, to be honest. Team still gets their moment in Kalm to do the whole flashback scene, etc. (also, why wouldn't Shinra check the only relevant town in spitting distance of Midgar for the fugitives?). Doesn't feel like much got sanitized, tbh. There's some pretty dark stuff they put in
scene confirming Wedge's death, for one
, and other really good additions that give more context to Shinra/Wutai situation, and old Junon Republic stuff.

• 1Imbecile

Siliconemelons

Downloaded the switch version of 7 OG

I have only played the ff7 remake demo - so comparing bombing run to bombing run - I have to give it to the OG for music and feel, remake on expanding the dialogue - I do not like the added shinra part in remake as OG but like it in a player that has knowledge of what’s going on to expand- I don’t like action so classic rpg battle system I like better.

oh well as I don’t have a ps5 I’ll content myself with replaying the og 7

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That was another thing, they made Shinra responsible for the reactor explosion being so intense rather than letting Avalanche actually be a morally questionable shade of grey, "ends justify the means" faction.

Good luck running OG PS1 FF7 on the Switch, I'm not sure if the hardware can keep up with that game.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
That was another thing, they made Shinra responsible for the reactor explosion being so intense rather than letting Avalanche actually be a morally questionable shade of grey, "ends justify the means" faction.

Good luck running OG PS1 FF7 on the Switch, I'm not sure if the hardware can keep up with that game.
The switch port runs fine, I never had issues with it.

Shinra blowing up the first reactor in the remake was a bellwether for how this trilogy was going to go. Oh well, dumbed down sanitizing of content makes it better!!

Siliconemelons

Having just played through pixel remaster of 1-6 the writing of 7 is still in line with 6 in terms of the dialogue - it is kinda like they have yet to realize they do not have the limitations (or maybe they did) of NES/SNES and that the PS1 lets them not only have crazy CGI movies, but you can have your characters talk and communicate like real people with actual full sentences.

There are so many things still that are just cut off - but again this fits "anime" and Japan style of story telling where the character dialogue is 1/3 of what they want to convey - 1/3 is the visuals and assumptions we the audience are to also make from watching - and then 1/3 is we are to be both /the character/ and /a 3rd party observer/ so it is kinda odd as generally we are a false narrator.

Like just here the bombing run, just back to the bar - no one really reacts to the fact that they just killed a bunch of citizens as well, and your not really told that unless you talk to all the random NPC's. Also again /knowing/ the plot- they set up the OG observer / player completely to buy into everything - even Tifa does not act like Cloud has been gone, or is acting odd, because he does not act odd... you get one little blip at the setting up the bomb... that is the only hint you get that Cloud's wires may not be all that un-croseed. I know it proceeds, and we the player and we the character of cloud all experience the confusion and mental turmoil he goes through from, well just after the start of the game, all the way, I think until he comes out of the lifestream - that is when I always have kinda seen Cloud as having fully recovered - but again, YEARS ago was my playthrough so I am looking forward to playing this.

Also, lol @ the switch processing power jab ;-)

Merrith

And yet, Tifa expressing her reservations about the extreme actions they were taking and Jessie's concern over people being hurt by her explosives (even if Shinra didn't create more, there would be some small casualties) all brought the shades of grey right back into focus. Barrett's guilt over the others' deaths when the plate fell is pretty pronounced still, even in this part. All of it made Shinra using them as scapegoats for plate coming down make even more sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

I do wonder what they will do with Queen's Blood in Part 3, feels unlikely you would start with full deck you end up filling out in this game. Some of the little position challenges they have are fun, but others are painfully obvious with only 3 cards total and potential moves limited to only 1 or 2 per card.

Level wise figure it'll be start at 40 or 50 and level up to 99. Exp is a little strange at times in Rebirth, I might want to try Dynamic difficulty on another playthrough because on Normal if you're doing all the exploration and keeping up with VR fights as they open up, you do feel over-leveled. Also the few times you can access VR fights with mobs significantly higher than you, the exp gain is absolutely nuts and you powerlevel like crazy just clearing a couple different challenges.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I do wonder what they will do with Queen's Blood in Part 3, feels unlikely you would start with full deck you end up filling out in this game. Some of the little position challenges they have are fun, but others are painfully obvious with only 3 cards total and potential moves limited to only 1 or 2 per card.

Level wise figure it'll be start at 40 or 50 and level up to 99. Exp is a little strange at times in Rebirth, I might want to try Dynamic difficulty on another playthrough because on Normal if you're doing all the exploration and keeping up with VR fights as they open up, you do feel over-leveled. Also the few times you can access VR fights with mobs significantly higher than you, the exp gain is absolutely nuts and you powerlevel like crazy just clearing a couple different challenges.
I was *trying* to enjoy Queens Blood as I generally hate card games. Got to where I could beat the AI within a few rematches. Then that damn ship tournament and having to play Red X who has better cards (unknown types at the time too) and constantly getting my teeth kicked in. I tried around a dozen times to beat that fucker and realized this isn't even the last game and none of my labor will transfer over. Anyhow, that ruined any bit of fun I had playing QB.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I struggled with QB until I got some of the cards that can destroy your own cards and the guy that gets stronger for every allied card you destroy. Basically makes it trivial if you get him out to where you can stall the game out at the end and play a bunch of 1 power cards to get past the win threshold if you aren’t already there. Beat every person on the ship the first try.

• 1Like

Merrith

I was *trying* to enjoy Queens Blood as I generally hate card games. Got to where I could beat the AI within a few rematches. Then that damn ship tournament and having to play Red X who has better cards (unknown types at the time too) and constantly getting my teeth kicked in. I tried around a dozen times to beat that fucker and realized this isn't even the last game and none of my labor will transfer over. Anyhow, that ruined any bit of fun I had playing QB.

There's definitely more strategies you can play as you gain cards, also a fact I didn't know about until I was already in like Chapter 11, as you beat/gain the summons for each outdoor zone, you can go back to that card shop guy in Grasslands and buy their card to add to your deck. Not all are that great, but some other options.

Later challenges also get pretty wonky with specified powers and trying to really build certain decks that take advantage of buffing or enfeebling (some of the most powerful decks revolve around you enfeebling/destroying your own weaker cards to buff certain cards that gain in power for every one lowered/destroyed). But basically the 3 main strategies you can do are buffing cards, enfeebling (the opponent or your own with certain cards that benefit), or building a deck that has a lot of options for taking over their pawn spots and basically suffocating them out of having any real spots to play on the board, while you just keep adding more spaces for yourself. I find the last strategy gets you through a lot of the game without needing to change much, barring a few attempts on certain guys needed if you get bad starting cards, etc.

Later on once you get cards that specifically can replace your own (and so do your opponents), meta changes again that you need more balance and power, can't always just suffocate them out of spaces.

• 1Like