Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Which was that? Is that past Heavensward credits? I just finished the Goblin Primal thingy. That was pretty cool. Although the raid music was... not good lol.

It's a story that starts with a random party of NPCs you meet early in the MSQ, particularly at the Tam Tara Deepcroft, that continues with Tamtara Deepcroft Hard and ends in the Palace of the Dead.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The Palace of the dead as a whole is awesome even though the story ends at floor 100, 101-200 is just so much fun!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Which was that? Is that past Heavensward credits? I just finished the Goblin Primal thingy. That was pretty cool. Although the raid music was... not good lol.
It's in ARR... You run into her in the MSQ. You can't have missed that part.

Running into her group before they went into the Tam Tara Deepcroft was cool too. I didn't know she'd turn up later.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's in ARR... You run into her in the MSQ. You can't have missed that part.

Running into her group before they went into the Tam Tara Deepcroft was cool too. I didn't know she'd turn up later.
I have no recollection of these events. Although I didn't pick up palace of the dead quest yet. I also don't have access to Tam Tara Deepcraft Hard. Ahh, she was the bad witch whose group disbanded after she kept her boyfriends skull in her backpack lol. I had to google it, but I don't remember much because I guess I didn't finish the story.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
The Palace of the dead as a whole is awesome even though the story ends at floor 100, 101-200 is just so much fun!

This is actually one of the genuinely fun things you can do early if you’re playing with some friends - get a group together and push as deep as you can. Great Gil at 150+ and really fun. Same goes with HoH. Don’t do the 50-60 leveling spam junk, melts your brain.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What is the point of the Wandering Minstrel in Mor Dhana. I did Minstrels ballad Ultimas bane and I think it opened a bunch of other quests. Are these just old raids and such, or is there something rewarding here ala Wondrous Tails journal?

Chris

Potato del Grande
What is the point of the Wandering Minstrel in Mor Dhana. I did Minstrels ballad Ultimas bane and I think it opened a bunch of other quests. Are these just old raids and such, or is there something rewarding here ala Wondrous Tails journal?
Basically Trials are single boss raids which don't drop loot and are usually a little easier than regular Raids because they are part of the storyline.

Wandering Minstrel unlocks the hard version for you which is proper raid difficulty and I think does drop loot. It's part of the endgame of old expansions.

Malkav

French Madman

The Minstrel is just the way you unlock EX Trials. Once you've completed a trial, you can talk to him and tell him about the fight. The idea is that the EX fights are just him singing about your fights with typical minstrel embelishments.

Also, he is made to look like YoshiP.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Crafting/gathering rant. Don't fucking fuck with crafting until you're maxed everything and done with all MSQ. It'll just piss you off. It needs a serious revamp.

The crafting in this game seems like a clusterfuck. Sure is confusing to figure out. Apparently I'm missing a bunch of collectable actions for mining, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to fucking get them. Under miner actions and abilities it says 0/10, but I can't click on it at all to see what they are called to google them. I did some googling for additional actions and I hear about something called Discerning Eye, and people say some guy Morgayne in Ishgard gives that quest, but nope, I talked to him and he just gives me filler text. Checked my entire quest log, which is another clusterfuck of blue quests, can't seem to see anything mining related. Why the hell is it not under my main quests on the top left of my screen as a miner?

I can't get a collectable worth anything for shit no matter what I do, and I thought it was because my gear wasn't good enough. So I spent 200k and begged someone to go get me level 70 gear from a place I can't go yet, got my stats pretty much maxed for level 70 miner, and I still can't get collectability for shit, because all I have are the first 4 basic actions which don't do shit unless you have a full bar of GP to blow on Scrutiny.

This game needs a serious revamp for quest coloring/importance. Just labeling everything blue is annoying as fuck. Fuck crafting.

Oh and now I'm suddenly seeing level 70-75 mining veins because I got my stats up I guess? And so when I do blow a full bar of Gp to actually get a collectible that matters, the only NPC that wants it is in an expansion I can't go to yet? nice.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
I don't understand ?

Your mining job actions should be in the exact same spot you'd find your actions on any other job and you just gain them passively as you level?

image_2021-06-30_162545.png

Seems like to unlock Collectibles is this one : Eorzea Database: Inscrutable Tastes | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone . It only requires an early HW quest as a pre-req. Have you progressed a bit in the MSQ or did you get side tracked into side content as soon as you got into Ishgard?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
after watching Jesse Cox' video yesterday, I took the plunge, bought the game and I think I'm gonna go and make the most waifu character ever made. Decided to go in blind. I haven't looked up anything on the game. All know is from the video below and Preach' video of wow mythic raider trying to figure out a ffxiv boss fight. I don't know the proper jargon nor etiquette. Which is gonna be fun

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The collectable stuff unlocks in Mor Dhona after you hit 50 on a crafter/gatherer from what I recall - both for crafting and gathering.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
after watching Jesse Cox' video yesterday, I took the plunge, bought the game and I think I'm gonna go and make the most waifu character ever made. Decided to go in blind. I haven't looked up anything on the game. All know is from the video below and Preach' video of wow mythic raider trying to figure out a ffxiv boss fight. I don't know the proper jargon nor etiquette. Which is gonna be fun

Going in blind is the best way to start this game. It's nice to feel that fresh mmo experience feeling, and being lost in the world.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Going in blind is the best way to start this game. It's nice to feel that fresh mmo experience feeling, and being lost in the world.
Any recommendation on how to complete the pain in the ass stuff like Coils of Bahamut? I understand that noone in their mind will DF it, is it possible to party find a party for it? Would get additional first time bonus, that's gotta be a draw for someone, right?

Edit: forgot to say I got lucky with some of the extreme trials in DF. Most of them don't result in a queue.

Aazrael

Any recommendation on how to complete the pain in the ass stuff like Coils of Bahamut? I understand that noone in their mind will DF it, is it possible to party find a party for it? Would get additional first time bonus, that's gotta be a draw for someone, right?

Edit: forgot to say I got lucky with some of the extreme trials in DF. Most of them don't result in a queue.
I think you can do it unsynced if you want. I don't know what/if there's a drawback to that.

Malakriss

Do an unsynced PF and list "WT" (Wonderous Tails) in the description so that might attract some 80s to come destroy it and you can watch the after boss cutscenes.

For EX trials most want the mount drops from each but the earlier ones can be WT bait too.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Do an unsynced PF and list "WT" (Wonderous Tails) in the description so that might attract some 80s to come destroy it and you can watch the after boss cutscenes.

For EX trials most want the mount drops from each but the earlier ones can be WT bait too.
Thanks will give this a go. I don't give a shit about cutscenes, just want to rape the content I couldn't do 8 years ago. Got through turn 2 and the group fell apart.

Goonsquad Officer

that's a great video. it really spells out what the game is, and braces you for the slog of ARR.

I presume your waifu will be cat girl, but the dragon girls make best shy waifus.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

I am down to help with some of that. I never got to finish it either and you can go in overleveled and under party number limits to really smash old stuff and still get the mounts, cosmetics, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user