Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty much always 5% but I have to try it anyways unless I have 600 gp or RIP. I guess I gotta find better nodes. It's stupid that all I'm seeing are these level 75 nodes that keep dropping shit for what google tells me is for Ishgard Restoration? and shit I don't have access to whatsoever.

Oh stay away from them, they are for Custom Deliverys in Firma .. You want too stay at the 70range, those nodes are designed for lvl80 players not 70..

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I think this game is gonna be my mmo fix for a bit. And not because when I entered the "real" world after the tutorial bit, one of the first player character I saw was a human (?) with bunny ears wearing what looked like black tape outfit.
I feel like starting wow again without knowing anything what lays ahead but at the same time knowing more in general than what I did back then, if that makes sense. I've managed to make my ui as close to what I had in wow, although some things couldn't be changed, and I'm sure I need to move some stuff around since some boxes are vague in description and I can only sort of guess what they do. Hotkeys still need a lot of work.
Just one question: can I make the bag box appear bigger when I open it?

Goonsquad Officer
i want to say you can make it show up as four tabs, 2 tabs, or 1 tab. same with your retainers and chocobo bags.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You guys leveling land and hand are throwing me for a loop. Why are you guys just not doing beast tribe shit? You can buy the basic sets with Gil from those merchants and get through that whole tier entirely w/o even getting scrip or HQ gear doing that. If you’re trying to grind it out quickly, I get that. But there is so much to do with combat jobs.. that you can spend 30 minutes doing ixal all the way to dwarf on multiple land//hand jobs. Then go back to farming relic or something. You’ll level them all up within three, maybe four, weeks with beast tribes. Don’t sleep on that shit.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The tribe XP kind of sucks in ARR and even HW. SB and ShB is when they really juiced up the beast tribe XP.

Daidraco

You may have a point I guess? But if you’re doing your class quests every time and beast tribe quests - that is still pretty quick leveling for very little effort. Knocked chef out for 36-50 in four days just doing that alone with ixal. Easier just to buy your HQ turn ins for your class quests at that level and keep on trucking. Besides, I liked the moogle shit for whatever reason. Ixal was mildly interesting too for such short bursts.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Ran the entire coil and savage coil last night with a carry. Beautiful areas on a widescreen monitor, stuff I just didn’t notice before. Wish you could float around some of those zones without the rails

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You guys leveling land and hand are throwing me for a loop. Why are you guys just not doing beast tribe shit? You can buy the basic sets with Gil from those merchants and get through that whole tier entirely w/o even getting scrip or HQ gear doing that. If you’re trying to grind it out quickly, I get that. But there is so much to do with combat jobs.. that you can spend 30 minutes doing ixal all the way to dwarf on multiple land//hand jobs. Then go back to farming relic or something. You’ll level them all up within three, maybe four, weeks with beast tribes. Don’t sleep on that shit.
Because we are new and have no idea what the fuck is what? And because just exploring the game systems/mechanics you run into naturally is pretty natural to learn and have fun. But it was a massive fail because it was badly designed (DOL). I don't even fully understand beast tribes, nor do I have access to a lot of them. Every time I've seen a beast tribe and checked their merchants I barely saw jack shit.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've settled on doing the daily grand company turn ins for doh/dol and trying to make msq progress to unlock content. The GC dailies take maybe 15 minutes and are giving me a nice stockpile of ventures. At the rate I'm going, all my doh and dol will be near 80 by the time I get a combat class to 80. I'll check out the beast stuff when I get out of heavensward. The back log on game system/class quests can be overwhelming.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Because we are new and have no idea what the fuck is what? And because just exploring the game systems/mechanics you run into naturally is pretty natural to learn and have fun. But it was a massive fail because it was badly designed (DOL). I don't even fully understand beast tribes, nor do I have access to a lot of them. Every time I've seen a beast tribe and checked their merchants I barely saw jack shit.

Most of the beast tribes have pre-reqs to unlock them (frequently those blue + quests). You may need to look online to confirm which ones.

Beast tribe vendors are rep locked - their inventory only expands when you hit specific rep milestones and do the quest that unlocks the next rep tier

Merrith

I thought the moogle tribe xp in HW was when it started being decent, but it's only 3 dailies each day so it's really just about them being super easy to do. Should be doing those, whatever Grand Company turns ins you can each day (especially starred ones), and collectables when you can for gathering, leves for crafting are usually the best with the triple turn in ones.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are you max level on a combat class?

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
At what point can i fly around the zones? what the fuck is with running like it's 1999 in post ARR zones?

Chris

Potato del Grande
At what point can i fly around the zones? what the fuck is with running like it's 1999 in post ARR zones?
Beat the end bosses of ARR. It's the 2nd dungeon in Mor Dhona at lv50.

From that point onwards you collect "Aether Currents" in expansion zones which unlock flying once you got them all.

Half are on the ground for you to find and half are behind quests. It's a pretty decent system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>

From that point onwards you collect "Aether Currents" in expansion zones which unlock flying once you got them all.

Half are on the ground for you to find and half are behind quests. It's a pretty decent system.
Thank, going to run around now and grab what i can.

Araxen

The Aether currents system is such a great system to unlock flying. It isn't locked behind some rep grind achievement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users