Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
I am down to help with some of that. I never got to finish it either and you can go in overleveled and under party number limits to really smash old stuff and still get the mounts, cosmetics, etc.
Same. Not sure if my timezone will match up but I can come with lv80 tank or lv80 heal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
that's a great video. it really spells out what the game is, and braces you for the slog of ARR.

I presume your waifu will be cat girl, but the dragon girls make best shy waifus.

I have no idea what a cat girl or a dragon girl is, but it's ok.

my gaming experience so far has been customizing the UI for over an hour.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand ?

Your mining job actions should be in the exact same spot you'd find your actions on any other job and you just gain them passively as you level?

View attachment 360392

Seems like to unlock Collectibles is this one : Eorzea Database: Inscrutable Tastes | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone . It only requires an early HW quest as a pre-req. Have you progressed a bit in the MSQ or did you get side tracked into side content as soon as you got into Ishgard?
No. I have finished the main HW and got the HW credits. The abilities you are listing are different. There's another tab of "additional abilities" and there are 10, and I am 0/10 and I can't click the tab because I have 0. Every guide I google for how to actually get mining collectibles at a decent rate or raise the collectability of them talks about abilities I don't have and I cannot find the quest that gives those abilities, because the npc google says to go to does not give them out. I have also finished my mining class quests up to 60.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The collectable stuff unlocks in Mor Dhona after you hit 50 on a crafter/gatherer from what I recall - both for crafting and gathering.
Yeah I have unlocked them, and they've taken over the vast majority of my mining nodes that I see on the map. But I am missing a ton of key abilities that make it actually viable. I only have the base 4, whereas every guide I see talks about these other abilities that really help, particularly passives that increase integrity, increase starting collectability, etc. As it is, I start at 0 collectability and have a grand total of 3 chances to raise it, and each one only raises it by a max of maybe 200. And collectibles under 800 are dogshit. So it's almost impossible for me to do jack or shit. I can't find the quest that I either have in my log or is in the world that will help me out with other abilities, and that's my main rant.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I have unlocked them, and they've taken over the vast majority of my mining nodes that I see on the map. But I am missing a ton of key abilities that make it actually viable. I only have the base 4, whereas every guide I see talks about these other abilities that really help, particularly passives that increase integrity, increase starting collectability, etc. As it is, I start at 0 collectability and have a grand total of 3 chances to raise it, and each one only raises it by a max of maybe 200. And collectibles under 800 are dogshit. So it's almost impossible for me to do jack or shit. I can't find the quest that I either have in my log or is in the world that will help me out with other abilities, and that's my main rant.

As for the start at 0 and only 3 chances to raise it, that's how it is for everyone. Which base 4 abilities are you talking about? For collectibles now there's really only the 3 different types of collectability raisers, the base one, the one with a range, and the lower one that has a chance to not reduce integrity at all when you use it...plus the one ability to boost each of these abilities. If it's those 4, you're fine, you just need to get more gathering/perception on your gathering gear to see noticeable increases, and maybe look up some good rotations for leveling/etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No. I have finished the main HW and got the HW credits. The abilities you are listing are different. There's another tab of "additional abilities" and there are 10, and I am 0/10 and I can't click the tab because I have 0. Every guide I google for how to actually get mining collectibles at a decent rate or raise the collectability of them talks about abilities I don't have and I cannot find the quest that gives those abilities, because the npc google says to go to does not give them out. I have also finished my mining class quests up to 60.
On the journal you can press Triangle (dunno on PC) and it brings up your quest history.

Look for Gathering quests and it'll tell you which ones you've done, it may be that you did the first step and lost where you are up to.

I haven't done any crafting so I may be wrong here, but it's a good thing to know anyway.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
As for the start at 0 and only 3 chances to raise it, that's how it is for everyone. Which base 4 abilities are you talking about? For collectibles now there's really only the 3 different types of collectability raisers, the base one, the one with a range, and the lower one that has a chance to not reduce integrity at all when you use it...plus the one ability to boost each of these abilities. If it's those 4, you're fine, you just need to get more gathering/perception on your gathering gear to see noticeable increases, and maybe look up some good rotations for leveling/etc.
No man I'm using full 290 gear at level 70 fully maxed materia and max food and fucking up on level 60 nodes UNLESS I have 600 gp. If it's the case that all the abilities I read about have been removed and the system is revamped, than that's annoying as hell, but I found a post from 2020 that talked about these abilities that you earn from side quests so I figured it was up to date? Yeah I have Scour, which is the guaranteed one to increase my collectability, the one with a large range it can do, and the one that has a 5% pitiful chance not to reduce integrity. Then I have the one that costs 200gp that makes the next ability I use more effective.

Is it basically just that collectible mining is horribly designed?? I've seen lots of bitching about it in my googling and everyone says to just "fish instead" but I didn't wanna fish ><. People were talking about abilities that increase your base chance right away, without using integrity.

I'm using the best food I can and the best gear I possibly can and unless I dump 600gp and drink a cordial on cooldown I'm wasting my time.

eh I'm just going to give up on crafting, it IS badly designed. From the fact that I had ZERO access to good gear without having a guildy go buy me stuff from a vendor I didn't have access to, to all this shit. All the upgrades I "could access" wanted scrips, which surprise surprise, require collectables.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
First of all, are you looking at recent guides for collectibles? Very recently they did a massive gathering collectible overhaul.

Secondly, easiest way to get crafting scrip if your gear sucks is unlock custom deliveries. You get 12 handins per week (6 per unlocked NPC max) and it gives out a ton of scrip per handin

Crafting you have to think of as a combat job - you need to learn rotations, adjust for setbacks, and gear properly. Not having top shelf shit makes it harder to HQ certain things, but it isn’t impossible. You can simulate a craft before you use materials as well if you want to practice

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

The 0/10 are for Cross-Class abilites which gatherer classes are the only ones that have them anymore. You can for instance as a Fisher have the miners ability too sense mineral nodes/ephermal/unspoiled up on you're map.(For Context this is what it looks like when you have other classes lvl'd)
ffxiv_06302021_134048_698.png

Don't push for collectables all the time, do Custom Delivery's also, you should also be able too start on Diadem collecting but be warned it's very very boring but you can get basically the same items as you can get from Rowena from Skyscript tickets, also the only way too see Ephermal nodes is you have to buy the book from the splendors vendor in Ildyshire or Eulmore(Think of it like master recipes for crafting class)

PS for collectables Perception is the stat you want too focus, with GP being a close 2nd, Gathering skill will only really help with increasing Integrity of the node.

You want too see horribly designed gathering, go play "Finer Miner" and "Out on a Branch" in the Gold Saucer, thoose mini games are gathering in 1.0 believe me it's tons better.

Last edited:

Merrith

No man I'm using full 290 gear at level 70 fully maxed materia and max food and fucking up on level 60 nodes UNLESS I have 600 gp. If it's the case that all the abilities I read about have been removed and the system is revamped, than that's annoying as hell, but I found a post from 2020 that talked about these abilities that you earn from side quests so I figured it was up to date? Yeah I have Scour, which is the guaranteed one to increase my collectability, the one with a large range it can do, and the one that has a 5% pitiful chance not to reduce integrity. Then I have the one that costs 200gp that makes the next ability I use more effective.

Is it basically just that collectible mining is horribly designed?? I've seen lots of bitching about it in my googling and everyone says to just "fish instead" but I didn't wanna fish ><. People were talking about abilities that increase your base chance right away, without using integrity.

I'm using the best food I can and the best gear I possibly can and unless I dump 600gp and drink a cordial on cooldown I'm wasting my time.

eh I'm just going to give up on crafting, it IS badly designed. From the fact that I had ZERO access to good gear without having a guildy go buy me stuff from a vendor I didn't have access to, to all this shit. All the upgrades I "could access" wanted scrips, which surprise surprise, require collectables.

Personally I've been 80 since a week or so after ShB released, and they did a revamp of collectibles recently, so it's hard for me to know exactly how it would be doing level 60 stuff...but if you're in fully maxed level 70 gathering gear, you should be hitting 600+ GP easily. Someone can correct me but I thought most "max" melded gathering stuff at 70 had 700-750 gp, maybe a little higher with food. Collectibles were revamped in 2021 so yeah a 2020 post is going to be dated...but even back in Stormblood when 70 gear was the max, 600 gp should have been easy to hit, 700+ ideally.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Current max at 80 is a little over 900gp, but you suffer horribly in gathering/perception doing it that way..

Merrith

Current max at 80 is a little over 900gp, but you suffer horribly in gathering/perception doing it that way..

There's no real purpose to go that high, there's a potential set without food that lets you hit every potential bonus even in Diadem with 2742 gather, 2647 perception, and 858 gp. Obviously with food you can push that gp over 900, but haven't seen any real need for that

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There's no real purpose to go that high, there's a potential set without food that lets you hit every potential bonus even in Diadem with 2742 gather, 2647 perception, and 858 gp. Obviously with food you can push that gp over 900, but haven't seen any real need for that
No there is no reason, like right now I'm setup for just diadem bonus(No Food Bonus) stuff but I still have about 13 materia slots left(Just trying too get the Miner/Botanist/Fisher done, before I move onto crafters)

But it's there if you're crazy enough too try it rofl would be pointless really.

Merrith

No there is no reason, like right now I'm setup for just diadem bonus(No Food Bonus) stuff but I still have about 13 materia slots left(Just trying too get the Miner/Botanist/Fisher done, before I move onto crafters)

But it's there if you're crazy enough too try it rofl would be pointless really.

Yeah even with extra materia slots, each piece only has a max amount you can meld to. I think the GP meld cap is ~868. You'd need food buff to hit 900.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Personally I've been 80 since a week or so after ShB released, and they did a revamp of collectibles recently, so it's hard for me to know exactly how it would be doing level 60 stuff...but if you're in fully maxed level 70 gathering gear, you should be hitting 600+ GP easily. Someone can correct me but I thought most "max" melded gathering stuff at 70 had 700-750 gp, maybe a little higher with food. Collectibles were revamped in 2021 so yeah a 2020 post is going to be dated...but even back in Stormblood when 70 gear was the max, 600 gp should have been easy to hit, 700+ ideally.
Yeah man I have over 600 gp, but the problem is I need to use all 600 of it on one node to get one collectible, and that shit doesn't regenerate that quickly, and a Cordial only restores 300 and has a long ass cooldown. My miner gear is literally the best I can possibly get it for level 70, and I'm mining in HW, which you'd think would be 50-60, but I guess not. Both my gathering and perception are over 1k. I socketed 1/3rd gp, 1/3rd perception and 1/3rd gathering.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That isn't unusual. First of all, stock up on high cordials when you get a chance - they restore 400 GP /w the 2min cooldown. If you use a lot of the gathering collectable things (like the not use a gathering attempt or dont lose integrity), you can easily blow most of your GP on a single node and be stuck waiting for GP regeneration. There used to be a general rotation - you do the move that gives a chance at the eye buff. If it procs, then you use the GP using abilities. If the eye doesnt proc, then just abandon the node and try another one vs. wasting HP. That works well on nodes that will continue to regenerate rapidly (vs a timed node or empherial nodes)

If you're just doing non-fishing stuff, sometimes you best bet is to try to get a special extra buff node to spawn (the ones that give bonus gathering attempts, for instance). They reduce the need to use the GP abilities, or make your harvests more efficient at the very least)

Merrith

Yeah none of that is unusual, although I don't remember exactly what the bis breakdown would have been but should be fine for level 50-60 stuff. It can really help if you try to find collectible notes with +1 or +2 attempt bonus, which can allow you to get an extra item or two from those nodes. I'm curious what % chances you're having to proc bonus collectibility on a swing, or what your Meticulous Prospector % chance is to not reduce integrity, plus how much collect it caps at with Scrutiny.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah none of that is unusual, although I don't remember exactly what the bis breakdown would have been but should be fine for level 50-60 stuff. It can really help if you try to find collectible notes with +1 or +2 attempt bonus, which can allow you to get an extra item or two from those nodes. I'm curious what % chances you're having to proc bonus collectibility on a swing, or what your Meticulous Prospector % chance is to not reduce integrity, plus how much collect it caps at with Scrutiny.
It's pretty much always 5% but I have to try it anyways unless I have 600 gp or RIP. I guess I gotta find better nodes. It's stupid that all I'm seeing are these level 75 nodes that keep dropping shit for what google tells me is for Ishgard Restoration? and shit I don't have access to whatsoever.

Merrith

It's pretty much always 5% but I have to try it anyways unless I have 600 gp or RIP. I guess I gotta find better nodes. It's stupid that all I'm seeing are these level 75 nodes that keep dropping shit for what google tells me is for Ishgard Restoration? and shit I don't have access to whatsoever.
Only 5% sounds pretty low, but I'm not sure if there are lower caps at that level or whatever, been 80 for too long. But for reference, doing collectibles with my 80 gear Meticulous will have a 25% chance of not reducing integrity.