Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, basically it's just finish the zone and then you can fly.

Just use the compass regularly while questing in a zone and you'll be fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I find it improves every expansion, I am pretty sure you go by nearly all of the currents with MSQ in Shadowbringers.

The Peaks is a Stormblood zone, but I hated it so much I didnt get flying there until my 6th or 7th job I leveled to 80, since the MSQ does not take you by all of the currents and the zone sucks to traverse.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, basically it's just finish the zone and then you can fly.

Just use the compass regularly while questing in a zone and you'll be fine.

This, while you're doing the zone you will basically just run into any current as long as you hit the compass every so often. Only a couple of exceptions that are a bit tougher, and those I think aren't until the final zones of the 2 most recent expansions (plus you can just get someone with a mount that can carry you right to it to skip having to figure it out yourself).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya there is one zone in SB that is split in 2 and you don’t do the 2nd half til much later

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just googled them. Only tricky bit is The Tempest zone because of Z Levels. Hit the compass regularily during the MSQ there and you'll be fine.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Ya there is one zone in SB that is split in 2 and you don’t do the 2nd half til much later
It's been a thing every expansion so far : Sea of Clouds, the Peaks, Kholusia.

You first go there early in the expansion but only finish it when you come back in the latter third of the MSQ.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Are you max level on a combat class?
No. I've just been going with the flow. But I'd avoid doing any crafting until you have finished the full msq for anyone new. My highest is 73 Pal and 72 Scholar and a 69 Red Mage. Almost through HW (I think).

Chris

Potato del Grande
No. I've just been going with the flow. But I'd avoid doing any crafting until you have finished the full msq for anyone new. My highest is 73 Pal and 72 Scholar and a 69 Red Mage. Almost through HW (I think).
Yeah... I've never touched crafting and I have 2 80s and been max level in each expansion for a one or two months sub.

It doesn't seem like a WoW thing where you level it at the same time as combat, feels like it's literally a whole different class and playstyle. I may be wrong though.

Also you are 13 levels above Heavensward content lol. Maybe there's such a thing as being too optimal! At least it level scales most things so it isn't face roll. It'll pay off when you have all 3 roles at 80... in Stormblood xD

Malkav

French Madman
It doesn't seem like a WoW thing where you level it at the same time as combat, feels like it's literally a whole different class and playstyle. I may be wrong though.

It is. Crafting and gathering are real jobs, with skills, rotations, and specific content designed for them. It's not "buy X mats from the marketboard and autocraft to cap".

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crafting/gathering is such a nice break from the combat grind (especially if you are in POTD hell. HoH isn't nearly as bad imo, but that could just be because I've ground PoTD for so long (HW to now)) Granted I'm your standard all 80s DoH/DoL with BIS gear and almost BIS melds (because I'm lazy/cheap) that plays in spurts, so it's always been my fallback thing for giggles, and am slowly working on the dragonsong stuff (maxed miner, almost max botanist, and I'm right at the expert craft shit (not my favorite thing) for most of the DOH classes)

But yeah, abuse the beast tribes and your grand company turn ins. One thing to keep in mind is that it's useful for gearing up characters you aren't leveling once you have a max level guy and are high enough in both gatherers and crafters. Once you unlock ixal and moogle (and eventually namazu and dwarf) you can easily (albeit somewhat slower than leve grinding) level them up with minimal interaction each day, with basically no cost to you. Only thing is, if you don't actually do any gathering/etc, you will likely need to buy shards/crystals/clusters to fuel the creation parts of the quests until you get enough of the reward crystal things.

Another thing about the beast tribe quests, is that they are -solid- combat class xp for the tribes that offer them, after ARR. They make a nice diversion during ARR and for the most part HW, but they are really nice in both SB and ShB. Like doing all three will net you 1/6th of a level or abouts. They're really good stuff imo.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's been a thing every expansion so far : Sea of Clouds, the Peaks, Kholusia.

You first go there early in the expansion but only finish it when you come back in the latter third of the MSQ.

It's been 2 for each of the last 2 expansions. Fringes/Peaks both have low level and higher level areas you return to later in MSQ, and in ShB it's Amh Areang and Kholusia

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Don't forget the mandatory dungeon you need too do for Currents also ....

That Deep Sea one in Stormblood was so lame, and took forever to grab the entrance...

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah... I've never touched crafting and I have 2 80s and been max level in each expansion for a one or two months sub.

Also you are 13 levels above Heavensward content lol. Maybe there's such a thing as being too optimal! At least it level scales most things so it isn't face roll. It'll pay off when you have all 3 roles at 80... in Stormblood xD
I'm on a bonus exp server so it's double exp till70, and then any job under your highest job gets another bonus, and I do the roulettes every day as whatever role is needed. It's just really fast exp. It's why I have 3 70's. In hindsight I shouldn't have cared about rolling on a bonus exp server.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Keep a gathering class capped as you are leveling. The changes to sneak this xpac make them ideal for running around and getting your aether currents.

Xerge

<Donor>
He's not wrong; it's a busy summer if you're into the mmo genre. New World closed beta>release and Ashes of Creation has a wknd>month long test.