Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Did they fuck with portraits? I had a portrait where my weapon was offscreen but close, so it looked like flames were coming from below my character. Now the game doesnt let me do that ;/ Why the fuck would you nerf that?

Might have something to do with the lighting change. You might have to fiddle with it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The new water effects are a really nice touch,

Seeing me lean on mounts was awkward at first rofl.

Overall very good "update" unfortunately I have 0 time to play right now, back to work for me.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Samurai confused me. The skill you press that has the 3 colors on it that lets you do the final move of your base combos that build the 3 stickers? That skill has to be active in order to do double midare. If you just use midare and that skill isn't active, you cant do double midare.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Samurai confused me. The skill you press that has the 3 colors on it that lets you do the final move of your base combos that build the 3 stickers? That skill has to be active in order to do double midare. If you just use midare and that skill isn't active, you cant do double midare.

I think it's to bring it more in line with the 2 minute meta, to encourage Samurai to use both Meikyo ASAP to double Midare in the burst window, reducing the value of Higanbana openers.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
1719593515677.png

Good start to Dawntrail

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Someone in global shouted what the quest accept melody in Dawntrail sounds like. Once you click this and read it, you won't be able to unhear it. You've been warned!!!

London Bridge is falling down

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Played through the intro and the game looks better for sure. Its just small upgrades but somehow everything looks so much better.

How fast can you do 80-90? Met a 90 pictomancer and it felt way too fast to get to the expansion zones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Played through the intro and the game looks better for sure. Its just small upgrades but somehow everything looks so much better.

How fast can you do 80-90? Met a 90 pictomancer and it felt way too fast to get to the expansion zones.

Save up leves, save up sidequests, hand in two Wondrous Tails books, do a couple of roulettes. It's doable in a couple hours.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Took me a bit under 4hours, and some people did it faster. I actually didn't even end up using everything I had saved up for it(have like 10 sidequests left, didn't touch a single job quest and I hadn't finished the 10 fate challenge log either). Pretty sure it'd have been faster if I spammed more dungeons, cause I also had over a level worth of rested xp left over at the end, I ended up only running 5 dungeons total and one was a lvling roulette in 69 dungeon so didn't use much xp in there.

Started the new MSQ and progressed up to the first dungeon, liking the areas so far they look and sound good and you can notice a bunch of the new engine changes they did in them. The main characters also have high textures gear now so you're the only hobo with super pixelized armor in the cutscenes. First dungeon was the one from the media tour so no big surprise, but I noticed Krile used aoes which is a nice change, in fact I did double pulls when possible and they were pretty damn fast even, the cat lady just like a real warrior was at full hp constantly. Didn't check time though but if that's gonna be a thing that'll be nice for queues.

Liking Pictomancer too, it's quite fun, although you will sometimes be standing for 10secs casting your 3 motifs and doing absolutely 0 damage which is pretty funny. The bursts are nice though, melts dungeons so far.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Got a little start on MSQ, but husband's been fucked by the Xbox loading screen crashes and now Gilg queue is at the point where it's basically unplayable now. No eta on the fix yet doesn't bode well. Was hoping to blast through the MSQ before the weekend was up, but doubt we can do that, now. Just hope we don't stumble on spoilers.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Been leveling viper in Bozja. It's OK so far. I like that it's faster than samurai. I think the AOE rotation is too many buttons (just aoe versions of every ST ability) and it could have used a couple of those buttons for utility or something.

Also grabbed some Mtn Dew while we were running errands to get the mount... still didn't get the email lol.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Login q finally defeated. Had taken a fairly long break, so i got dropped from my FC. Anyone on that can invite a professed casual at this point? I'm on greg, and online for awhile unless i get dropped. Bowlocke Valeroy is char name. Just grinding through the last expac msq atm.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Login q finally defeated. Had taken a fairly long break, so i got dropped from my FC. Anyone on that can invite a professed casual at this point? I'm on greg, and online for awhile unless i get dropped. Bowlocke Valeroy is char name. Just grinding through the last expac msq atm.

Still on? Tried searching for your char, but couldn't find it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So was watching llamatodd's stream and saw people talking about DLSS/FSR fucking with clarity. Apparently (tested myself) using FSR and setting the slider to 99% unfucks the image and everything gets much sharper.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So was watching llamatodd's stream and saw people talking about DLSS/FSR fucking with clarity. Apparently (tested myself) using FSR and setting the slider to 99% unfucks the image and everything gets much sharper.
Interesting I'll have to test this, I did change it to DLSS. I can see a bit of a difference if I zoom in but I don't remember it looking awful before and always playing zoomed way out don't notice much.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Interesting I'll have to test this, I did change it to DLSS. I can see a bit of a difference if I zoom in but I don't remember it looking awful before and always playing zoomed way out don't notice much.
Its not horrible but with FSR at 100% or DLSS the image gets pretty "soft" and loses clarity.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finished the first zone, did a bunch of the first dungeon to get WHM and RDM to 93.

Dungeons are great as usual. MSQ is worse than ARR and I hate it. I'm skipping most scenes, so somehow I've done 3 or 4 of the 7 mcguffins but not actually seen them happen because apparently they are in these boring scenes I skipped.

It's like... what if we did Heavensward again, but everyone was friends and loved the vibrant diversity of different cultures with a mild Disney level menance, instead of fucking hating each other and dying while evil ghosts plot the apocalyse?

Every location and character name is unpronounceable. This is coming from someone who has lived near Wales and visited it.