Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pyros Pyros You seen this shit? Holy, I wasted so much time putting together new crafting macros.

I don't really craft much anymore, I did cap every doh/dol(well fishing isn't I've been lazy) but I just reused the same macros I used to make shit gear before the expansion and sticked to doing 94 leves cause all I had was scrip gear.

So no, but not surprised there's a macro solver program, pretty sure teamcraft has one too but it's kinda shitty I assume this one is just a better version. I usually just check the balance discord and see what the macros look like in any given patch and then adapt them to my garbage stats(usually by adding more steps) so I can craft my combat gear and then forget about it. Hell in EW I mostly used scrip gear to craft my stuff cause that's all that's needed for generic crafting these days. Only need good crafted gear with good melds if you want to do expert and I don't care about the crafting relics.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

• 1Cringe
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Got all DoH/DoL to 100, and are full scrip gear left side and pentamelded right side. Gonna do crafting right this expansion.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully we can actually play without the husband crashing with the Xbox fix just in time for us to almost be done the MSQ anyway. Of course everyone threw a hissy fit over the maintenance. Fucking cry more, entitled cunts.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hopefully we can actually play without the husband crashing with the Xbox fix just in time for us to almost be done the MSQ anyway. Of course everyone threw a hissy fit over the maintenance. Fucking cry more, entitled cunts.
Hey I lost 3 hours of play this afternoon because you want to pay two subs to use your inferior machine.

On the positive side I got a bunch of minor chores done.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is this the same game or a cut down mobile version? Doesn't seem clear which it is?

I already play on my phone by using PSPlay and a Razor Kishi strap on controller, I can't see the advantage to having my phone do the processing or having a gimped mobile friendly port.

I have double delay from wrong continent server and wifi, never had an issue dodging mechanics I've learned.

Zachen

Trakanon Raider
Finished up a few days ago, to me this is a very Stormblood-tier expansion, probably a little lower. First half is pretty weak, the second half is better, but could be a lot better. The voice direction for EN just seems jacked up though. Lack of emotion when there should be, delivery just flat or out of touch with the scene. There was one scene, I can't remember where, but it felt like the VA for Thancred was told to eat the microphone before talking. It was jarringly loud. Characters also need space to breathe. When we were given the Exarch in Shadowbringers he was not in EVERY. SINGLE. CUTSCENE. After the ascension ceremony was over, I figured OK fine we're going to now go north with Erenville, maybe Koana will get involved more in the second half. Nope - we go through 90% of a zone with Erenville and it's straight back to The Wuk Lamat Show. Huge mistake.

On the flip side the dungeons and Extremes are way harder and not snoozefests, all the dungeons have some challenge esp. the Expert dungeons. I finished the first EX trial a few days ago, I play WHM and the heal check was nuts compared to the first Extreme in ShB or EW. Will probably try EX2 on Sunday.

My ratings since several have done so:

ARR 6/10
HW 8.5/10
StB 7.5/10
ShB: 9.5/10
EW: 9/10
DT: 6.5/10 (only really saved by the solid encounter design of the dungeons and EX Trials so far)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Best feature ever.

ffxiv_07062024_191834_512.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, there's so many problems with the tone of scenes this expac.
The scene when we first meet Erenville's mom and he has like 0 fucking reaction and it's playing that goofy ass music. Like...wouldn't he be worried something had happened to her and she was shoved in a machine prior to them telling us she's just remote controlling (obviously regardless of whether that was true or not).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Finished up a few days ago, to me this is a very Stormblood-tier expansion, probably a little lower. First half is pretty weak, the second half is better, but could be a lot better. The voice direction for EN just seems jacked up though. Lack of emotion when there should be, delivery just flat or out of touch with the scene. There was one scene, I can't remember where, but it felt like the VA for Thancred was told to eat the microphone before talking. It was jarringly loud. Characters also need space to breathe. When we were given the Exarch in Shadowbringers he was not in EVERY. SINGLE. CUTSCENE. After the ascension ceremony was over, I figured OK fine we're going to now go north with Erenville, maybe Koana will get involved more in the second half. Nope - we go through 90% of a zone with Erenville and it's straight back to The Wuk Lamat Show. Huge mistake.

On the flip side the dungeons and Extremes are way harder and not snoozefests, all the dungeons have some challenge esp. the Expert dungeons. I finished the first EX trial a few days ago, I play WHM and the heal check was nuts compared to the first Extreme in ShB or EW. Will probably try EX2 on Sunday.

My ratings since several have done so:

ARR 6/10
HW 8.5/10
StB 7.5/10
ShB: 9.5/10
EW: 9/10
DT: 6.5/10 (only really saved by the solid encounter design of the dungeons and EX Trials so far)
Here's mine, but I'm giving the benefit of release date here:

ARR: 6/10
HW: 9/10
SB: 7/10
SB: 9/10
EW: 7/10
DT: 3/10
DT without Wuku Lamati: 6/10

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
What the actual fuck? Zone 6.
Jesus Christ, we, nor most of the Scions would NEVER be okay with just nuking these people. Like, sure, they're made of memories, but they have thought and a sense of self, and all this other shit that generally people consider life. And yeah, we're just cool with wiping them out without even attempting any other solution. Maybe more happens, but goddamn, just getting out of that gondola scene with Graha...how the fuck do you go through that, have that thoughtful talk and then just say "oh well, shame we gotta just turn everyone off."

Also, fuck Erenville's mom. What a fucking bitch. Let's give the peasants one more happy show before we kill them. If they aren't real then WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jesus Christ, we, nor most of the Scions would NEVER be okay with just nuking these people. Like, sure, they're made of memories, but they have thought and a sense of self, and all this other shit that generally people consider life. And yeah, we're just cool with wiping them out without even attempting any other solution. Maybe more happens, but goddamn, just getting out of that gondola scene with Graha...how the fuck do you go through that, have that thoughtful talk and then just say "oh well, shame we gotta just turn everyone off."

Also, fuck Erenville's mom. What a fucking bitch. Let's give the peasants one more happy show before we kill them. If they aren't real then WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER
I don't agree, what was glossed over was what happens to these souls they are using to sustain themselves?

Surely they are consumed and destroyed? (FF7 consequence)
If not they are now on another (apparently dead) shard and not available for reincarnation. (FF9 consequence)

We just saw a bunch of people killed in Solution 9 so I'm thinking "turn this shit off ASAP to save their souls". It's not far off what the Ascians were trying to do either.

But yeah fuck Erenville's mom.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

It's a narrative mess that they boxed themselves into. It was basically sort of an affront to God sort of thing but was played off as fine untill they discovered the electricity bill then everyone was like nah murder them all now. It wasn't helped by the fact that there was basically no discussion about why they had to or why it was best for them ultimately.

The entire expac was even worse because it was basically heavily themed around tradition (but only one generation old), family (but not blood just whoever you hang out with), life and death (which can be whatever you want as long as it isn't expensive), trusting each other (even if they commit constant war crimes), etc.

It rubs you the wrong way constantly because everything is turbo American artificial and you're just told things are important then immediately nevermind.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

So on the killing them being ok, I think the bit that explains that out is that they're already dead, but also this isn't even their souls, only the memory part of their souls and likely not even that but just a copy. It's just basically a simulation off their memories rather than their actual souls. Their souls likely have already been destroyed to fuel the whole thing too. On top of that there's the whole aspect of trading the "lives" of these memories for the souls of other people, who are still alive. The choice does make sense in that regard. Destroying the non living to save the living is also what was being done in the First when we killed all the Sin Eaters, who were also real people before being transformed. We also kill a ton of demons on the 13th. Technically in both of these cases their souls should end up being reincarnated unlike the memories, but not much you can do about their souls already being destroyed.

As for the Cuhcia part I feel this is both just a narrative thing to show the various parts like Otis and Krile's parents, but also as a way to give her son time to come to terms with her own death. It's also potentially a way to make these memories that will be extinguished into something that at least someone(wol & co) remembers, so they're not truly forgotten and live on. That's a recurring theme with the googly eyes motherfuckers and stuff that wouldn't be a thing if you just rush and shut down everything. I don't find it much more curious than talking to ghosts of civilizations from millions of years ago to give them a bit of hope so you can make a bridge to reach the despair bird at the end of the universe stretch.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Hey I lost 3 hours of play this afternoon because you want to pay two subs to use your inferior machine.

On the positive side I got a bunch of minor chores done.
Between this and ark ive had an impacted ass full of my game time being harrison burgeroned by people wanting to play pc games on a nintendo

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Here's mine, but I'm giving the benefit of release date here:

ARR: 6/10
HW: 9/10
SB: 7/10
SB: 9/10
EW: 7/10
DT: 3/10
DT without Wuku Lamati: 6/10
Man it sounds like woke lemon is lyse to the lyse power. I mean storblood main msq lyse, not post msq "new writer" lyse.

Imm still finishing post msq endwalker so i havent heard the troon yet

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So on the killing them being ok, I think the bit that explains that out is that they're already dead, but also this isn't even their souls, only the memory part of their souls and likely not even that but just a copy. It's just basically a simulation off their memories rather than their actual souls. Their souls likely have already been destroyed to fuel the whole thing too. On top of that there's the whole aspect of trading the "lives" of these memories for the souls of other people, who are still alive. The choice does make sense in that regard. Destroying the non living to save the living is also what was being done in the First when we killed all the Sin Eaters, who were also real people before being transformed. We also kill a ton of demons on the 13th. Technically in both of these cases their souls should end up being reincarnated unlike the memories, but not much you can do about their souls already being destroyed.

As for the Cuhcia part I feel this is both just a narrative thing to show the various parts like Otis and Krile's parents, but also as a way to give her son time to come to terms with her own death. It's also potentially a way to make these memories that will be extinguished into something that at least someone(wol & co) remembers, so they're not truly forgotten and live on. That's a recurring theme with the googly eyes motherfuckers and stuff that wouldn't be a thing if you just rush and shut down everything. I don't find it much more curious than talking to ghosts of civilizations from millions of years ago to give them a bit of hope so you can make a bridge to reach the despair bird at the end of the universe stretch.
Yea but that doesn't jive.
The whole giants story arc was also basically about people don't die when remembered blah blah and you give some amount of reverence to the idea. So it is a bitb dissonant later when you see it manifest in the flesh but then are ok with just turning it all off with no real uncomfortable questions.

Also their entire culture turned out to just be radio from the future? Lol.