Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
yea i think i just have the bends from the good writing in the last couple of expansions' role quests and a fair few class quests. it sort of slotted into the ham fisted "multiculturalism" (leftist) shit they keep using.

in a world that previously neversaid anyway, and instead said anyroad because the writers were diligent and/or obsessed with using their own terminology, they suddenly start using multiculturalisms left and right starting this expansion. and sliding in quips about "we don't have genders"...on the dragons that fucking had genders for 10,000 years or whatever

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Agree with the pacing. I'm most of the way through Stormblood after just starting, and 10% of the MSQ has fun interesting parts that advance the plot, and the rest are a combination of you herding sheep, or updating your friends on what happened in the last quest.

My other whine is....who the fuck thought it was ok to be able to pick up a quest at say level 30, but not hand it in when done unless you 32 or above? L O L

(I took a MSQ break and am leveling a Summoner)

ff14Sigh.png

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yea i think i just have the bends from the good writing in the last couple of expansions' role quests and a fair few class quests. it sort of slotted into the ham fisted "multiculturalism" (leftist) shit they keep using.

in a world that previously neversaid anyway, and instead said anyroad because the writers were diligent and/or obsessed with using their own terminology, they suddenly start using multiculturalisms left and right starting this expansion. and sliding in quips about "we don't have genders"...on the dragons that fucking had genders for 10,000 years or whatever

I still think you're seeing boogey men that aren't there.

But if you really want to focus on that, recall the devs are Japanese. Japan historically has had a beef with the West and western religions going back fucking 500+ years ever since the Portuguese Catholics had machinations to take over the country. The reason "the church" is usually a badguy in Japanese media is because they were badguys historically in that country. It's not some new phenomenon lol

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer
That is true, it definitely explains the sudden shift since post endwalker, around the time they changed writers, and localizers, and hired some Californian voice/localizer folks.

the civilization that called westerners literally "stinky milk drinkers" for hundreds of years totally would start talking about diversity about now i suppose.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Agree with the pacing. I'm most of the way through Stormblood after just starting, and 10% of the MSQ has fun interesting parts that advance the plot, and the rest are a combination of you herding sheep, or updating your friends on what happened in the last quest.

My other whine is....who the fuck thought it was ok to be able to pick up a quest at say level 30, but not hand it in when done unless you 32 or above? L O L

(I took a MSQ break and am leveling a Summoner)

View attachment 537556
You actually can't pick it up at 30. There's 2 checks for quests, once when you pick it up(need to be on a job high lvl enough) and once when you turn it in(need to be on a job high enough lvl to turn it in). It's to prevent picking up quests with a lvl 100 then turning it in with a lvl 10 and getting like 50 levels at once.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like they went over the top with "cutscenes". 10 cutscenes to fetch a bracelet in the Wild West area. Yea I'm going to start skipping shit now.This expansion is not very good.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I feel like they went over the top with "cutscenes". 5 cutscenes to fetch a bracelet in the Wild West area. Yea I'm going to start skipping shit now.This expansion is not very good.
Lmao wait until you find out it was all for naught

• 1Rustled

Aazrael

Go to NPC, cutscene. Meet me over there, cutscene. Click a shiny ground thing, cutscene. Go to NPC, cutscene. Who thought this was a good idea? When the black loading screen shows up my brain starts raging.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
You actually can't pick it up at 30. There's 2 checks for quests, once when you pick it up(need to be on a job high lvl enough) and once when you turn it in(need to be on a job high enough lvl to turn it in). It's to prevent picking up quests with a lvl 100 then turning it in with a lvl 10 and getting like 50 levels at once.

Maybe it used to be that way, but I just recently started but decided to take a MSQ break at 70 and got my newbie Summoner going (the level 30 class). I promise you I haven't switched out of that job, and picked up every single one of those locked quests as my lowbie Summoner. Maybe the 1st check uses your highest job level? Who knows.

Goonsquad Officer
Maybe it used to be that way, but I just recently started but decided to take a MSQ break at 70 and got my newbie Summoner going (the level 30 class). I promise you I haven't switched out of that job, and picked up every single one of those locked quests as my lowbie Summoner. Maybe the 1st check uses your highest job level? Who knows.
it would not shock me if when they re-did the lower game some stuff is janky.

Goonsquad Officer
Go to NPC, cutscene. Meet me over there, cutscene. Click a shiny ground thing, cutscene. Go to NPC, cutscene. Who thought this was a good idea? When the black loading screen shows up my brain starts raging.
yea i absolutely do not understand why they don't have an npc follow you, like your chocobo does, and fight if you fight. and they talk, with voice so you can hear it, about the lore dumps. then instead of you walking to pick up some reeds with the big owl man. he's fighting with you and remarking about his people's traidtion or whatever while you are engaging in game play.

though in retrospect my plan falls apart when i realize that it would be wook lamot following and chatting for half of it.

• 1Worf

Aazrael

Finally something interesting happened there at the train station. I hope the stupid ARR quests are over with now.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The MSQ gets more interesting at that point - until then it was a total slog.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
The MSQ gets more interesting at that point - until then it was a total slog.
i dunno man. this quest where a white dude stole a totem pole from a brown villiagers, then fled to radzathan, and incompetiently bumbled around while a black soldier saved him. then a black child was in danger due to the exploits of the bad white man is pretty gripping.

the last 3 quests have just been about how the white man is incompetent and only the power in the sacred totem pole from good honest coloreod people make it work.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
man. while working on the tank DT class quest i stumbled upon the dark knight 'finisher' quest from i guuess shadowbringers i didn't finish. the diference in writing style and ham fisted politicking is astounding. siggard was like "hey bro, i have a letter for you" and had an arguement with his ward, who ran off. then i go to the person they have the letter on. the person has a bit of a touching story about some fighti n ishgard you were at, but said she got it from another dude.

that guy talks about how he was at the gimlet dark and some one at rhalgar's reach gave him the letter. already interested in who ultimately sent it. not a clumsy pushing of some opressor opressed narative. no painting anyone as being wrong by virtue of their point of origin. just a fucking quest.

what's the most galling is that the lesson of ARR till...shit some time in SB, is "maybe all these people of various skin t ones and actual races (beast tribes) should cooperate. and it didn't feel like some one spinning politicks. I hope the FF team gets an impacted ass full of completains and return to their old quality and leave the politicking to the retards in america.

Goonsquad Officer
i haven't met all those npc's but..i'm not surprised that fans like fan favorates and hate puking retards.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
The funny parts to me:

Wuk Lamat isn't in the top 10

A character from the latest raid is #10 despite only being out for a few days.

Rip Wuk Lamat, definitely getting the Lyse treatment.