Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trying Pictomancer for a bit and I think I really like the flow of it.

I have a habit of putting "Class Special Abilities" on Mouse (M3, M4, M5) and the Spenders on Alt+M3,M4,M5. However I really dont like using the damn Mouse Wheel for a button.

How are you all building your hotbars?

Skärmbild 2024-07-20 191552.png

Chris

Potato del Grande

I have a habit of putting "Class Special Abilities" on Mouse (M3, M4, M5) and the Spenders on Alt+M3,M4,M5. However I really dont like using the damn Mouse Wheel for a button.

View attachment 537675
Controller but managed an interesting setup:

R2 and direction buttons is the colour filler rotation and finishers.

L2 and symbol buttons are the canvas motif spells. Quickcast is here to use on creature motifs.

R2 and symbol buttons are the muse spells that the motif's turn on.

R2+L2 and symbol buttons are the DPS abilities the muse spells turn on.

So I can do L2-X, R2-X, R2-L2-X and I'm hitting the boss with my hammer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I feel like they went over the top with "cutscenes". 10 cutscenes to fetch a bracelet in the Wild West area. Yea I'm going to start skipping shit now.This expansion is not very good.
I think this will be the anti-Endwalker.

Endwalker all the story for MSQ, Alliance Raids and Normal Raids were very good. Otherwise not much to do.

Dawntrail has the worst MSQ and the Raids don't seen to have promising stories either, but all of the dungeon and raid fights are amazing... if they have a good Eureka/Bozja style zone then it'll actually be a great expansion minus that MSQ slog.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Controller but managed an interesting setup:

R2 and direction buttons is the colour filler rotation and finishers.

L2 and symbol buttons are the canvas motif spells. Quickcast is here to use on creature motifs.

R2 and symbol buttons are the muse spells that the motif's turn on.

R2+L2 and symbol buttons are the DPS abilities the muse spells turn on.

So I can do L2-X, R2-X, R2-L2-X and I'm hitting the boss with my hammer.

Had the game installed on the Steam Deck a while ago and tried controller then. I like it a lot but my OCD will take some time to make it work I think. Got my PS5 controllers I could probably set up on the PC.

I was really sceptic on the Pictomancer at first. But after understanding how it plays its super fun. Just sucks I need to power through a lot of levels with pretty bad queues on dungeon finder. I guess I could run NPCs but its not as fun to me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Had the game installed on the Steam Deck a while ago and tried controller then. I like it a lot but my OCD will take some time to make it work I think. Got my PS5 controllers I could probably set up on the PC.
It's worth learning, happy to share my setup.

It's just faster than keyboard and mouse for anything other than typing. But you can have a keyboard plugged in for that.

I've done both extreme trials as tank and all four raids as healer, so it's not like I'm some retard being carried either.

Goonsquad Officer
The funny parts to me:

Wuk Lamat isn't in the top 10

A character from the latest raid is #10 despite only being out for a few days.

Rip Wuk Lamat, definitely getting the Lyse treatment.
bitch needs the hilda treatment. they should create whole new npcs that fill her exact role instead of showing her daylight again.

Goonsquad Officer

View attachment 537675
my picto is like this:

1721504823500.png

SO i play picto like this. all the canvases full to start. hit 2 for moogle poop, then swiftcast (thumb mouse 1), shift 1 for moogle paint instantly. then shift 3 to drop the damage booster. then 2, 3 for moogle poop and lazer. then alt 2 to start the hammer, alt 3 3 3 3 for the hammer. then i just use the basic bitch nuke until i can use the color-boosting clicky, or i get enough uses of the basic nukes to use black/white paint attack.

use dash as needed. use defense as needed. always re-do canvases at non-moving moments of the fight.

Goonsquad Officer
Wait why did they get rid of Hilda. Was she not popular?
no one knows. i think she shows up as a bit player in a quest or t wo here and there, but she sure doesnt' show up as much as any of the other expansion wing-men do. i'm not sure she was even in the ilsabard contingent with the rest of the known world.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Hilda has a more important role in the Machinist quests vs anything else..

She is just a literal bodyguard for Snob-Land.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hilda has a more important role in the Machinist quests vs anything else..

She is just a literal bodyguard for Snob-Land.
May be that's she's seen as a Job NPC and therefore too optional to feature.

Y'Shtola's sister is the same.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
bitch needs the hilda treatment. they should create whole new npcs that fill her exact role instead of showing her daylight again.

They only give the Hilda treatment to characters the fans like. Shale will sadly get the Hilda treatment I suspect lol

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
What idiot at Square Enix decided that Paladin's new level 100 Ability, which activates after casting Blade of Valor, the final attack of your 4 hit blade combo, should share a button not with the button you've just been spamming for the last 4 global cooldowns, but on an entirely unrelated button Imperator.

I'm going to have to completely change my keybindings for Paladin and learn new muscle memory, god damnit!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They only give the Hilda treatment to characters the fans like. Shale will sadly get the Hilda treatment I suspect lol

I don't even remember Hilda? Was she one of those Joe Rogans or whatever they're called?

Goonsquad Officer
she was the half elf half joe rogan you had to convince to help you storm the vault.

and then later she picks you up in the airship after the griffon thing

then never seen again.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What idiot at Square Enix decided that Paladin's new level 100 Ability, which activates after casting Blade of Valor, the final attack of your 4 hit blade combo, should share a button not with the button you've just been spamming for the last 4 global cooldowns, but on an entirely unrelated button Imperator.

I'm going to have to completely change my keybindings for Paladin and learn new muscle memory, god damnit!
It's on the button used to start the combo lol.

For me it's:
R2 + Square, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Square.

The last hit is oGCD so would feel weird having it on a button you just hit 4 GCDs on as you'd have to bash the button randomly faster for the 5th hit.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
she was the half elf half joe rogan you had to convince to help you storm the vault.

and then later she picks you up in the airship after the griffon thing

then never seen again.

She makes a cameo in a machinist job quest but that is about it