Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Random tidbit, but Soken mentioned that the singer for the bee song was one of the localization editors. Didn’t say who it was, though.

Although seems to fit tradition - Koji did vocals for some of the ARR and HW songs, like Alexander
Wasn't there a rumour that the US localisation team helped with the story this time to make it more authentic american?

Could be that someone who helped ruin Wuk Lamat also came out with this great song lol

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
When Bee says "B is for beat you to a bloody pulp!" in English it sounded kinda tongue in cheek, like she wasn't being serious.

This is her in Japanese:

Bitch is deranged.

She uses the word bukkorosu which is literally "Beat you to death"

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Wasn't there a rumour that the US localisation team helped with the story this time to make it more authentic american?

Could be that someone who helped ruin Wuk Lamat also came out with this great song lol
Given the plot holes and lack of tonal range, i would buy it. Also in the setting they used to go out of their way to use eorzea-isms. Like "anyroad" instead of anyway. Never modern vernacular

When you step off the boat in tural, they say diversity and culture about 45 times each. Compare that to how the exarch spoke of the people of the first. Or how the characters spoke of various factions in stormblood

Chris

Potato del Grande
Also in the setting they used to go out of their way to use eorzea-isms. Like "anyroad" instead of anyway. Never modern vernacular
"Anyroad" sounds like something my Grandad would say, it's a Northern Englandism to make it sound like Game of Thrones.

Did they start using ot or stop using it? I didn't read or watch any of the MSQ other than Zone 5.

Goonsquad Officer
"Anyroad" sounds like something my Grandad would say, it's a Northern Englandism to make it sound like Game of Thrones.

Did they start using ot or stop using it? I didn't read or watch any of the MSQ other than Zone 5.
They just used more modern internet phrases for things like "diverse culture" over and over and over

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People are just more hyper aware whenever the word “diverse” gets used in something because of all the current political culture war shit

Main thing I would fault them for is not using a thesaurus more to express that, but then again this is the expansion where Wuk uses the term happiness 1000x

Goonsquad Officer
People are just more hyper aware whenever the word “diverse” gets used in something because of all the current political culture war shit

Main thing I would fault them for is not using a thesaurus more to express that, but then again this is the expansion where Wuk uses the term happiness 1000x
I watch playthroughs of the msq. Next time i watch one and they reach points in arr shb sb ew ill have an ear for it to compare and contrast. I really do not recall them expressing that sort of idea in the literal current year terms. And ive watched 7 or 8 playthroughs

• 1WTF

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally saw wings drop in trial 2. Rolled a 91 and lost to a 92, grrr
You know that the roll system predetermines who wins when it drops, right? It already selected that guy to win, you to be runner up and so on for the rest of the party with an algorithmic number spacing to pad out the numbers to seem organic, usually with a close winner. Saves on them having to deal with situations where 3+ people could all roll the same number to tie so then I kept typing extended sentences to make it seem like this is an actual explanation but really i'm just making up bullshit so anyone reading this would feel angry at the game rather than the lucky bastards who beat your good rolls.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I watch playthroughs of the msq.
Holy shit, is playing through it not bad enough?

I do occasionally watch when streamers hit the big plot points in Shadowbringers and Endwalker. Dawntrail has nothing worth rewatching.

Goonsquad Officer

I do occasionally watch when streamers hit the big plot points in Shadowbringers and Endwalker. Dawntrail has nothing worth rewatching.
Yea. I skip around if its not jist background playin. Its like old tv really

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

There are a few parts that are worth watching reactions to - also some parts that are good to "hate watch" to see if people react the same. Everyone always seems to get mad at the part where 2 characters do a 1v1 and no one intervenes even though one effectively "cheats" lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally done
Final Fantasy XIV  A Realm Reborn Screenshot 2024.08.02 - 20.33.11.43.png

Took longer than expected, probably cause I stopped caring about it a couple weeks ago and been just doing the daillies to finish. Got all trusts leveled and all FATEs too so basically done with this version since I have no interest in the savage mount. Probably resub for BLU/Beastmaster release and maybe for the space exploration shit we'll see how it is. Still have to do one more frontline roulette tomorrow for rank 25 and clean up the MGP stuff and then I'm out.

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Zachen

Trakanon Raider
Finally done
View attachment 539451

Took longer than expected, probably cause I stopped caring about it a couple weeks ago and been just doing the daillies to finish. Got all trusts leveled and all FATEs too so basically done with this version since I have no interest in the savage mount. Probably resub for BLU/Beastmaster release and maybe for the space exploration shit we'll see how it is. Still have to do one more frontline roulette tomorrow for rank 25 and clean up the MGP stuff and then I'm out.
What's new on the MGP front? I'm at over 9mil but wasn't sure what was available.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's new on the MGP front? I'm at over 9mil but wasn't sure what was available.
Oh nothing I just meant clearing out my weeklies since it's the weekend(jumbo cactpot), they added a few things to buy, the glasswear slot stuff, but nothing too important.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

As someone still playing catch up, Shadowbringers MSQ constantly has you playing other characters, which I find a tad annoying as it's gear independent. I kinda wish there was a 'very easy by default' duty option. It's stupid to have to spam attacks on a boss for 15 minutes in a solo duty /rant

I suppose I could die early if I'm in a rush to force the option? lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As someone still playing catch up, Shadowbringers MSQ constantly has you playing other characters, which I find a tad annoying as it's gear independent. I kinda wish there was a 'very easy by default' duty option. It's stupid to have to spam attacks on a boss for 15 minutes in a solo duty /rant

I suppose I could die early if I'm in a rush to force the option? lol

Those fights can be frustrating at times, I suppose, although when it's very heavy story related, I can understand them dragging it out. I think they've done a pretty good job of them not being overly complicated playing another character/class type you might not be used to, at least.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Those fights can be frustrating at times, I suppose, although when it's very heavy story related, I can understand them dragging it out. I think they've done a pretty good job of them not being overly complicated playing another character/class type you might not be used to, at least.

Oh yeah, it's only 4 buttons or so. But clicking '1' 300 times to down the duty boss, they can do better.

Other than that and the MSQ that make you /say stupid things that makes me want to punch a toddler, I've been having a blast in Shadowbringers, it's got a better MSQ than some single player FFs.

• 1Solidarity