Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have not really had much hate toward Wuk Lamat as others seem to have but what the fuck in zone 6th.

-"You need to pull the plug on us computer peoples"

I answer, -"Cool we will kill you as you wish"

Then in comes Wuk Lamat and -"Yeaaa we need to get to know you first before we fucking erase you forever. Lets do another sightseeing and talk to people. Jesus.... Just unplug the cord...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm just a filthy casual dirty sprout, but what do people use for parses?

I am staunchly against any kind of mods. For me the limit is: Do you need to launch FF14 with a different .exe file? If yes, it's cheating. If no, it's all right.

ACT is the log program and is a stand alone program, it doesn't interact with FF14 at all other than to read the data stream to get damage numbers.

I used to use it when I wanted to log myself to improve. I don't use it anymore, just rely on people around me to log for me. Not because I think it's bad, but because I'm lazy.

To read the logs, the website for hosting ACT logs is FFlogs.

You need ACT regardless since FF logs uses the logs from ACT, unless you just want to check overall stats. ACT is an EQ2 parser but there's a FFXIV plugin and a bunch of other plugins that works with that, like overlay plugins to display damage meters ingame better than the baseline one and stuff that give you alerts and stuff although mods do the same thing pretty much nowadays.

Also wouldn't put much weight into normal raid parses, there's so many shitters doing them since they're basically casual content that hitting purple is pretty easy. I just checked my char and I managed a purple and I have like 99 AF in most of my slots(I haven't done either of the EX and I didn't even farm the tome set, just a few accs to get the ilvl to do the raid) and far from playing well since I only did the fights twice(been lucky on my rolls). The bar is just that low for normal raids. EX parses at least are a little better but really unless it's savage or harder where people actually put some effort and the content naturally weeds out ppl who can't even press their 123 properly it just doesn't mean that much.

I mostly agree with this. Normal logs? Useless. Dungeon logs? Useless.

Extreme logs? Kinda useful, but people who log in extreme are pretty low. I've done 50 kills of Ex #2 for example with only 15 logs or so.

Savage logs? Very useful, not only for seeing how you compare but for seeing how your rotation is doing by plugging it into Xivanalysis which will tell you how you are doing. It's a bit buggy atm adapting to Dawntrail but it's incredibly useful for turning your logs into meaningful improvements you can make.

The best though? Unreal logs. Most Unreals are logged, and Unreal equalizes gear so the number you get there is a pure reflection of your skill (and crit luck if you are playing a class that relies on it.) Good Unreal logs are usually an indicator of a good player.

Haven't done any Ultimate myself yet, cannot speak to that.

Merrith

You need ACT regardless since FF logs uses the logs from ACT, unless you just want to check overall stats. ACT is an EQ2 parser but there's a FFXIV plugin and a bunch of other plugins that works with that, like overlay plugins to display damage meters ingame better than the baseline one and stuff that give you alerts and stuff although mods do the same thing pretty much nowadays.

Also wouldn't put much weight into normal raid parses, there's so many shitters doing them since they're basically casual content that hitting purple is pretty easy. I just checked my char and I managed a purple and I have like 99 AF in most of my slots(I haven't done either of the EX and I didn't even farm the tome set, just a few accs to get the ilvl to do the raid) and far from playing well since I only did the fights twice(been lucky on my rolls). The bar is just that low for normal raids. EX parses at least are a little better but really unless it's savage or harder where people actually put some effort and the content naturally weeds out ppl who can't even press their 123 properly it just doesn't mean that much.

Need to be lucky on those orch/minion rolls

Aazrael

Just got the last trial to do now and then the epilogue probably. Such a letdown of a last zone. Only one NPC was interesting and I wish he got more time. Otis was cool.

Edit: Also LOL at the end of the trial... Wut La-what comes in and "spheeeeeeene", compare that to Zenos going through space and bashing in a barrier with pure brute force.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just got the last trial to do now and then the epilogue probably. Such a letdown of a last zone. Only one NPC was interesting and I wish he got more time. Otis was cool.

Edit: Also LOL at the end of the trial... Wut La-what comes in and "spheeeeeeene", compare that to Zenos going through space and bashing in a barrier with pure brute force.
Yea the initial entrance looks amazing but then it's pretty hollow after that.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Finally just completed the MSQ myself. Been avoiding spoilers so I just know it's been controversial overall, but I kind of liked the expansions story. Shadowbringers was okay, but by Endwalker I was kind of over all the convoluted story beats. Fully admit i'm too dumb to fully understand all the convocation timey wimey stuff so that probably has something to do with it. I just enjoyed the low rent Dawntrail story up until the last section.

I didn't give a fuck about Forchunault or whatever and Emet Selch was over rated as hell, but that whole last section really depressed the hell out of me. Like way more than I wanted from my stupid brain rot mmo I do dailies for while listening to podcasts. Sphene might be the first character in this game that I truly liked. Fuck Erenville, he was such a nothing character for me in Endwalker, but the Cachiua shit was a super bummer for me. Idk, first time I ever felt feelings playing this game so I give it points for that I guess. Wuk wanting to talk to everybody she was gonna pull the plug on was stupid as hell though. From a story standpoint and from a gameplay stand point.

Still digesting everything but DT is a tier below HW for me right now probably on par with ShB. I totally get why people who liked the Zodiark shit aren't into it though.

• 1NPC
  • 1Seriously?

Merrith

Finally just completed the MSQ myself. Been avoiding spoilers so I just know it's been controversial overall, but I kind of liked the expansions story. Shadowbringers was okay, but by Endwalker I was kind of over all the convoluted story beats. Fully admit i'm too dumb to fully understand all the convocation timey wimey stuff so that probably has something to do with it. I just enjoyed the low rent Dawntrail story up until the last section.

I didn't give a fuck about Forchunault or whatever and Emet Selch was over rated as hell, but that whole last section really depressed the hell out of me. Like way more than I wanted from my stupid brain rot mmo I do dailies for while listening to podcasts. Sphene might be the first character in this game that I truly liked. Fuck Erenville, he was such a nothing character for me in Endwalker, but the Cachiua shit was a super bummer for me. Idk, first time I ever felt feelings playing this game so I give it points for that I guess. Wuk wanting to talk to everybody she was gonna pull the plug on was stupid as hell though. From a story standpoint and from a gameplay stand point.

Still digesting everything but DT is a tier below HW for me right now probably on par with ShB. I totally get why people who liked the Zodiark shit aren't into it though.

while I don't share you feelings on ShB and EW, I'm with you on the final zone in DT. I legit want to have some way to turn Living Memory back "on" for an alt or something just so I can see it again without it all being gone forever. Something about it being dark and lifeless the entire rest of the expansion actually hit pretty hard, even if they dragged each section out. Guy in the first section just enjoying being a tour guide wanting you to be one last customer was a giant sad.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It’s possible they will revisit it

the epilogue showing Sphene’s crown - we know it is a regulator, so it’s guaranteed to come up again

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Think I'm done for now.

Dungeons and Raids are really fun, I have no problem learning Extreme Trials for a few hours (and I did) but the length of the battles makes it an endurance challenge that isn't fun for me, that's put me off trying Savage Raids.

My options are to level the other tanks and healers from 90 to 100, but I did Sage and didn't like it compared to my White Mage so felt like a waste of time.

Then I have ranged dps at 60 and melee at 50. 50 to 70 feels like a bit of a desert for exp. At 70 at least I can farm Shared FATES and do Pixies.

Looking forward to the new Bozja/Eureka type zone though.

Chris

Potato del Grande

The new American Voice Actors for Dawntrail are on strike. Oh no. Doesn't effect the British Voice Actors used for the entire rest of the game.

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

I like the Dungeons a lot. I did not like the trials. At least not the 89 one, I don't see myself ever doing that one again in any form save bad luck in Roulette. If people find those mechanics fun thats fine but I felt it was an awful fight.

I have enough problems trying to fire up a "rotation". I think I'm just way way past my prime for these ADHD fights with shit happeneing everywhere and instakills if you get hit.

Going to wrap up the last two optional dungeons today then I'm done untill next patch.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
I like the Dungeons a lot. I did not like the trials. At least not the 89 one, I don't see myself ever doing that one again in any form save bad luck in Roulette. If people find those mechanics fun thats fine but I felt it was an awful fight.

I have enough problems trying to fire up a "rotation". I think I'm just way way past my prime for these ADHD fights with shit happeneing everywhere and instakills if you get hit.

Going to wrap up the last two optional dungeons today then I'm done untill next patch.
The 89 one is really learnable and fun imo, the 83 one has some fun stuff but some really shitty mechanics too.

Aazrael

I would probably take some time to learn it if I had any friends at all playing. But I have not made new MMO friends since EQ PoP and Vanilla WoW.

I basically just play these games solo for the story. Try some Normal Raids and Dungeons then I'm done. Too many games in my backlog to invest anything besides that in MMOs.

The MSQ sucked compared to what we had before. Shadow Bringers and Endwalker was one hell of a ride.

Now its PoE time with Righteous Fire build as I am a lazy ass gamer nowadays.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Existing contracts are not affected and it really only applies to the offending companies.

wuvaxsdt6sed1.jpeg

Chris

Potato del Grande
Existing contracts are not affected and it really only applies to the offending companies.

wuvaxsdt6sed1.jpeg
It's just funny that he says that he won't voice act any more games until the strike is over. Hopefully the strike is indefinite.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

99 is awful. "Plot the intersection of these two AoE functions in about 10 seconds" fucking sucks.

93 is OK.

100 is also bullshit
but at least they give you a healer LB3 for when people inevitably fuck up Absolute Authority. I have no idea who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put a Savage/Grand Cross like mechanic in a story mode, but I don't have the patience for this shit anymore, especially for something that's going to be popping in DF. People can call me a casual if they want; I don't care.

• 1Solidarity