Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
I assume the 4462 is sellers and the 12 is buyers.
But... that makes no sense whatsoever.

It says illicit activity and Real Money Trading. That could also mean selling andbuyingof gold, not just being the initiator of it by means of sales. Those were all permanent.

The 12 were placed on probation, so that could mean they didn't actuallybuy goldor were not proven to be definitively buying/selling gold or maybe tried to acquire it some way that was obvious even to SE without investigation that they had to do something. Maybe they were stupid enough to contact SE and complain about not getting the gold they paid for or reporting their accounts got stolen because they thought those people worked with SE or something. Could be anything but whatever it was, it wasn't serious enough to ban.

Or maybe SE made them make videos like Smed did with H1Z1, and they pass them around the Japanese offices for yuks. Who knows.

I'd find it harder to believe that with a playerbase probably easily over a million players (some say possibly close to 1.5/2) thatonly4,462 bought or messed with gold on both ends. I'd figure it would even be more than that, closer to 10k goldbuyers given percentages.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'd find it harder to believe that with a playerbase probably easily over a million players (some say possibly close to 1.5/2) thatonly4,462 bought or messed with gold on both ends. I'd figure it would even be more than that, closer to 10k goldbuyers given percentages.
They probably haven't caughtallof them. If you trade with the right players (read: not bots) it's very hard to get caught.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
But... that makes no sense whatsoever.

It says illicit activity and Real Money Trading. That could also mean selling andbuyingof gold, not just being the initiator of it by means of sales. Those were all permanent.

The 12 were placed on probation, so that could mean they didn't actuallybuy goldor were not proven to be definitively buying/selling gold or maybe tried to acquire it some way that was obvious even to SE without investigation that they had to do something. Maybe they were stupid enough to contact SE and complain about not getting the gold they paid for or reporting their accounts got stolen because they thought those people worked with SE or something. Could be anything but whatever it was, it wasn't serious enough to ban.

Or maybe SE made them make videos like Smed did with H1Z1, and they pass them around the Japanese offices for yuks. Who knows.

I know people who have purchased gil in this game and others. They were never suspended or banned. It's a business. Gold sellers will buy new accounts and increase your sales. Scorned players don't buy shit and pull people away with them.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
New job details, editting as they go. Durations, cooldowns, and #s aren't final.

GENERAL STATEMENTS
-3.0 Patch Notes reading at E3as well as Live Letter XXII (June 16-18)
- Official posts (here) are providing the EN names, such as "Enochian".
- Tank actions up to Lv50 have been adjusted.
- Shield Oath and Defiance will provide accuracy to help with that issue for tanks.

BLACK MAGE
- Leyline: 20s buff/60s recast. Circular area which provides Haste/Speed to the caster while within. Leaving the Leyline cancels the effect.
- Sharpcast: Your next spell is a guaranteed proc (Thunder and Firestarter).
- Enochian: 30s buff. While you have Astral Fire/Umbral Ice active, you can cast Fire IV/Blizzard IV. Blizzard IV refreshes this buff, with diminishing returns.
- Fire IV/Blizzard IV: Powerful new versions that do not refresh the Astral Fire/Umbral Ice buff.

PALADIN
- Savage Blade and Riot Blade weaponskill combos are being expanded so it's not almost "Rage of Halone onry". Mention of dot weaponskill(s?).
- Divine Veil: When the Paladin gets healed, a barrier is placed on nearby party members.
- Some 'block'-based actions being added.

WARRIOR
- Deliverance: Stacks 'Abandon' up to 5 times. Wasn't sure if they meant that switching to Defiance transfers these stacks to Wrath.
- Raw Intuition: When struck head-on, retaliate for physical damage. If attacked from the side, you're critically hit.
- Self-healing actions for Deliverance.

DARK KNIGHT
- Cross-class skills are from GLD and MRD.
- Gap-closer in the form of leaping downward cleave attack.
- Dark Aura: MP is used to fuel DPS, but MP cannot be gained by external sources. Weaponskills exist for Dark Knight regaining MP.
- Grit Stance: Tanking/defensive mode.

MONK
- Greased Lightning
- Meditation: Stacks up to 5 times. Enables TP recovery and/or stronger DPS actions.
- Action the "preserves" previous Fist stance to allow you to change to another.

(Missed the rest of the broadcast up to the second break, due to RL issues.)
NINJA
BARD
DRAGOON

SUMMONER
- Tri-disaster: Renamed to Tri-bind.
- Tri-disaster is a 'new' action to be learned later on; applies Bio/Bio II/Miasma at once (with Aetherflow?).
- New actions for direct damage.
- Bolstered and added actions for the current Egis.
- Can temporarily invoke Bahamut's ("Dreadwyrm's") power.

WHITE MAGE
- Asylum: Healing field for your party.
- Asize*: Simultaneous healing + damage attack.
- There will be smaller-scale rapid-heals.
- Stone III; Aero III is an AE.
- Protect will apparently be +magic defense too for SCH/AST, rather than just WHM.

SCHOLAR
- Missed what they said before the below.
- Deployment Tactic: Effect based on target(s?) having Adloquium or Eye for an Eye's effect up.
- Emergency Tactic: Adloquium can heal more rather than shield.
- Dissipation: Pet "consumed" in order to power certain actions.

ASTROLOGIAN
- Two basic stances: Moon Reading / Star Reading; "WHM" vs "SCH" healing behavior.
- Divining Cards: Provide buffs such as attack power, haste effect, +chance to avoid damage (evasion?). Can "Spread" (keep) or "Shuffle" the card drawn.
- "Royal Road": Holding a Card in reserve to apply two Divining Cards at once; could potentially cause a single-target buff to become a ranged and/or "AE" buff.

* No idea what the word is; transcribed from sound of it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sharpcast I think.

The rotation will change quite a bit with the Enokian buff or whatever, cool stuff.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Ninjas now have positionals. RIP. =(

EDIT: ROFL, BARD HAS TO STAND STILL FOR THEIR NEW DPS STANCE. RIP BARD, BARD IS KILL!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm hopefully get the cross class skills for machinist, so I know which to have to cap.

Might even try astro class, looks likes fun. But not sure I want to stomach leveling conj/? up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dragonsong - Heavensward Main Theme - YouTube

Pretty sure it's Susan Calloway. They also showed some of the 3.0 cutscenes, including:

- Entry to Ishgard.
- WoL/you meeting with Nidhogg alongside Iceheart and probably Estinien (DRG job quest NPC).
Really curious:

Are the reset of the people from Seven Dawns really dead? Minfilia, Yda, etc. That video really makes you think they are, especially as they show them right as the song reaches parts about "Sacrafice". I still think some of them are alive(considering the Flame Dude is jailed instead of executed) and there had to be a reason to send Minfilia back.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Really curious:

Are the reset of the people from Seven Dawns really dead? Minfilia, Yda, etc. That video really makes you think they are, especially as they show them right as the song reaches parts about "Sacrafice". I still think some of them are alive(considering the Flame Dude is jailed instead of executed) and there had to be a reason to send Minfilia back.
I hope Minfilia is dead. She's really freaking annoying. But they will probably all come back when
we regain the power of the Echo and fight Zodiark.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Wow. I thought LFR in WoW was a cesspool. FFXIV LFR is at least as bad. World of Darkness is, uh, painful to put it lightly.
It used to be really good, but as soon as they added Encrypted Tomestones to the weekly, all the normies started running it and now it's just cancer.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That, and it's something you can run for 120 gear and both types of tomestones. It isn't nearly as bad if you do it on tuesday or wednesday, but any time after is a troll crapshoot.