Forza Horizon 3

spronk

FPS noob

Releases Sept 27th, pre orders get it sep 23d. If you buy it digitally it'll work on both Windows 10 and Xbox One.

The three editions are standard, deluxe, and ultimate. The only additions are basically extra cars and VIP mode, which gives you a credit bonus for every race/etc. Content DLCs (usually 2-3 per forza) do NOT come with ultimate, you have to pay extra for them when they release.

I'll be playing on both, GT on XBL is spronk

spronk

FPS noob
dronemode1rylkd.gif

COt7dBq.gif

O2LChjH.jpg

9-12-2016_11-16-27_pmh3r9d.png

mobile.207z6k9l.jpg

mobile.209nxkie.jpg

This is all from xbox one, I imagine PC @ 4K is going to be even more insane. Forza APEX on Windows is running pretty good so they seem to have a decent handle on PC ports right now.

spronk

FPS noob
For anyone on the fence, Forza Horizon is the open world type of racing game. Drive around, start a race at designated spots. Online or offline, can do either and mix and match as you want. The game populates the world with drivatars, which are AI cars that try to take characteristics of the driver as they play (mostly bullshit but you know).

Forza 6 by contrast is a pure circuit racer, you just hop from track to track and its more sim-y, although nowhere near something like Assetto Corso or the like.

Basically Forza Horizon = Fast and the Furious, Forza mainline = Rush.

more pix from xbox one

IMG_4ea2135d-0836-470c-bd66-c1f0dce04e5a_zpsycjorvyg.png

fh31673ptw.png

m8HsDrH.gif

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Should mention all the microtransactions. Charging per car pack, a VIP membership in where they cut events to only give those to people who buy the $99 edition of the game, etc. Also, saw some streams. The game itself looks nothing like those videos. Also be warned that the screenshots and promotional videos are with HDR enabled. Unless you have an HDR TV and an Xbox One S, you aren't getting anything close to that color saturation.

spronk

FPS noob
Should mention all the microtransactions. Charging per car pack, a VIP membership in where they cut events to only give those to people who buy the $99 edition of the game, etc. Also, saw some streams. The game itself looks nothing like those videos. Also be warned that the screenshots and promotional videos are with HDR enabled. Unless you have an HDR TV and an Xbox One S, you aren't getting anything close to that color saturation.

"i saw a twitch stream and..." c'mon son, thats some grade A bullshit. Most twitch streams are heavily downsampled.

Every single one of the pictures I posted above is from fans on neogaf posting SS's from their xbox one, not a single one from microsoft/T10. I have put 2-3 hours into the demo (and then preordered after) and I can verify the visuals are stunning. The PC version will be even better probably but no one has access it to right now. I would NOT buy the game if you are PC gamer only, wait until the demo is released to verify the game runs properly and stuff. But if you have an xbox one or both XB1 and PC then you can download the demo and check it out for yourself
Forza Horizon 3 Demo – Games on Microsoft Store

The $$ model of the Forza games has always kinda sucked, its sort of like battlefield where the extras really don't add much value. On the other hand just like Battlefield the base game is perfectly fine. I own just base FH1, FH2, F5, and F6 and never missed anything with VIP and other crap. Sure, you don't get access to 100% of the cars but you don't really "need" any of them, SP car races tune the other racers around your current car pick so you are always racing at your level. I never really understood what VIP did, other than give you 5 extra cars a month for 6 months. I don't think it unlocks extra events, just gives you a 20% credit boost for wins which again is totally unnecessary, I have 10m+ credits in FH2 and F6 just from regular racing and never had to buy anything.

I detest all this microtransaction shit just like you, and its lame the "ultimate" edition of forza games do not include content xpacs, but I sorta give them a pass in this case since sales of the series will never be like call of duty and stuff so I guess they gotta make some extra $$ to keep going. Its been the exact same way for every single game they have released so once you become a fan you get used to it, just like world of warcraft, battlefield and call of duty.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I can easily just boot it up on my Xbox One, but if you think those are SS's taken from the general gaming public and not HDR enabled shots directly from MS or touched up, you are insane. (Regardless of "Who" posted them on Neogaf.)

I can tell all but one of them are HDR enabled from the get go (the alligator shot isn't) and the demo doesn't have HDR enabled so saying those are coming from the consumers (Not you, but the "posters" on Neogaf) is more stealth marketing bullshit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are all the cars in the car list (without notes saying otherwise) part of the main game and not microtransaction bullshit? Don't think I can resist buying any driving game that includes '71 Hemi Cuda and 2012 Lotus Exige S. I've never played any of the Horizon games, just the older Forzas. Is the 'open world' sort of like Test Drive Unlimited or The Crew?

spronk

FPS noob
if the car has a "...pack" note its part of the microTX, the all stars car pack for example is part of the car pack you get with deluxe/ultimate although you can buy it seperately for $10. If the notes is blank then yeah, its part of the base game, you still have to earn credits in game to buy them though from racing and stuff. If the note says Tier reward, its part of the forza rewards program for playing older games
Forza Rewards

"I can tell 4 of them are HDR enabled" uh ok

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Spronk let go of the marketing bullshit for a minute because anyone here who isn't blind as a bat knows those shots you posted are altered for marketing and have HDR enabled. It's clear as fucking day.

With that said, 57 cars as of right now are DLC only. Along with the VIP package which means if you want to play the game the way it should be played you are spending 99 for a bunch of cut shit and number edits on existing legacy cars. This company can go suck a duck.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
2 of the 3 (Last two) HDR enabled.

That first one is the PC version because the X1 doesn't have the draw distance for the Hot Air Balloons in the background even as they seem to be in a skybox.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Have you played the demo? I don't give a shit enough to do frame by frame comparisons, but nothing in Spronk's posts looks particularly off from what's in the demo. Some of his videos are clearly from the cinematic sections littered throughout the demo, but even in motion the game looks great. The beach area with the cliffs on the right was particularly stunning in game. If they're touched up shots it's not dramatic.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played the demo last night. It looks nothing like those shots. What type of set up are you playing on? Now, granted, like 99% of Xbox One owners, I do not have an S nor will get one, and am running 1080p non HDR which doesn't really matter anyway I suppose because HDR isn't supported in the demo anyhow.

Now, I am not saying it looks bad, but it looks absolutely nothing like what is shown in those shots above. Obviously they are sprucing it up via a marketing department, and having little lemming stealth asses come in, posing as normal game players, and posting marketed shots on NeoGaf which isn't a shocker since most know that entire shit show of a forum is a haven for that.

Nothing wrong with the game itself, but this industry needs to start being real with it's marketing because after No Man's Sky that shit needs to stop pronto and be pointed out by anyone with a pulse, instead of hyped up and let to continue.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's Forza. That's what it looks like.

Guessing you didn't enter photo or drone mode?

spronk

FPS noob
Review embargo drops Sep 20th, a week before release, they seem pretty confident.
giphy.gif

physics are cool in this game, notice the water effects from the overhead helicopter and the sign even being blown over

SecondGiddyEastrussiancoursinghounds.gif

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha that last one is the shadow colliding with a shadow. Has nothing to do with physics. It's a trick. The shadow of the chopper is pushing the water at an angle (Nose to water) Has nothing to do with anything else. It's also why the second sign doesn't fall.

This happens every Forza release too. And then people play the real game...

Let's not forget about all the other bullshit times they have done this.

The Forza 5 developers don't care... - Xbox Association - GameSpot

Forza 5 is downgraded :( - Xbox One Message Board for Xbox One - GameFAQs

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's Forza. That's what it looks like.

Guessing you didn't enter photo or drone mode?

Never did. I tried the drone last night however,

Again, don't get me wrong. The game is mindless fun and still looks really good considering it's running on an Xbox One. But those shots were HDR enabled and spruced up. Which is fine if you have an Xbox One S and a 4k HDR set, which about .01% of Xbox Owners possess at this point (A combination of the two) so they should be more careful in their marketing approach. But that's an entirely different discussion of how the game industry gets away with misleading or downright false advertising without penalty.

The microtransactions can so suck a major dick. I should be able to get the full game for $59.99 and earn everything in the game. Not watch some jackass publisher pull 57 cars and put them in various packs, or lock some of the events already completed behind another completely separate paywall. It's fucking ridiculous.