Forza Horizon 3

spronk

FPS noob
second DLC announced, hot wheels. pretty awesome, May 9th

Forza Motorsport - Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels

85c2cb50-73a4-44f9-969b-a44420a9e30c.jpg

59733191-802d-4574-98ae-7f417e0341e1.jpg

044a2c06-d32a-4a57-9f27-2e9ced9904c1.jpg

i fucking loved hot wheels as a kid. if you bought the $25 season pass back in dec its included, otherwise i think $15

spronk

FPS noob
Hotwheels DLC is out, 3 gig download plus a 3 gig game update I think. Pretty fucking awesome, I thought it took place on the mainland since it seemed to be reusing Gold Coast assets but nope its a totally seperate island, all kinds of cool land features layered with miles and miles of hot wheel tracks on top of it including loop de loops, bridge jumps, boost pads, and fucking DINOSAURS.

7Y1uejc.gif

mttF0mt.gif

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
That Hot Wheels stuff looks really good/fun. If I suck royally at Gran Turismo should I avoid or is this a bit more forgiving?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The Forza Horizon series is more of an arcade-style racer, Forza Motorsport is the Gran Turismo equivalent. Not a fan (due to my patience or ability) of the latter.

So if you like the general idea of racing and like what you see, you'll probably like it. Big fan of the Flatout, Grid, etc style racers.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Cool thanks for the info. Was going to go snag it on the store right now but god damn it is expensive for everything. Think I'll wait for a GOTY edition.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the franchise usually maintains a pretty high price relative to the age of other titles.

spronk

FPS noob
it goes on sale often, there should be a big xbox microsoft sale soon and you can get it for 50% off. you only need the base game really, the ultimate edition just adds VIP stuff and some car packs, it does NOT include the content DLCs like hot wheels which are part of the expansion pass or bought individually. the first one, blizzard mountain, is cool (hah) but not really necessary either. Hot Wheels though is hella fun, I've unlocked all the map items and its a LOT of events, not nearly as big as the main game but still pretty meaty for an xpac

AP9MNEv.jpg

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I've never been a big racing game fan but this might be my most played game released in years. I picked it and the DLC up around the E3 sale and despite dozens of hours in it I still have so much left to unlock. Plus I like this play anywhere thing. Game runs amazing on PC for me and when the kids want to play they can plop down in front of the TV to play it on Xbox under their sign in.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm torn between project cars 2 and forza 7. Forza 7 demo plays really good on pc. Haven't tried it on Xbox yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Forza 7 is amazing looking on the PC and plays incredibly well with some of the most beautiful weather effects I've seen but ended up requesting a refund on my Ultimate purchase due to the changes to the VIP system that they announced after it launched and what is looking like another Shadows of War loot box situation.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm playing on xb1 since i got the ultimate on Amazon for $64, xb1 version looks kinda weak compared to FH3 on PC. The loot box shit is weird as fuck right now with a lot of conflicting info on what exactly VIP gets you, how long VIP benefits last, etc. I haven't had any real problems buying cars and racing but I dunno if I will hit some sort of ceiling that requires Microtransactions to push past, never needed it in any previous forza game. Its a bit of a shit show frankly and I'd mostly rather still play FH3 over FM7 but track games aren't my thing either.

The ultimate disc edition is just the regular game disc plus a insert that has VIP/bonus car pack so I can trade in FM7 into gamestop this month for $30-40 and keep the ultimate perks for when I buy digitally, plan on doing that when the X one X releases so I can cross play on PC and X.