Forza Horizon 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Don't buy it then. This is how turn10 has always done dlc. Nothing new here. But if you're that unhappy with it, don't support it. Personally, I either wait until they package it all, or just don't bother at all with it.

I've been playing around with APEX a bit and it runs well on my PC, so I'm going to be picking this up on PC this week. Looks awesome and am thrilled they're finally launching a proper forza game on PC.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Don't buy it then.

Doesn't make it right. Jesus.

They also didn't use to artificially inflate costs of some cars to over 2,000,000 credits forcing anyone to pretty much use the cash shop. I would have bought it without the "Car suck you off pack" and "VIP Pack" and "Sports Pack" and whatever else they are charging for 9 dynamic events cut and only given access to those to pay $100 for a video game. Damn near half the cost of the system itself, which is hilarious. Don't get conditioned for this shit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Stay away from this title unless you have an Xbox One. The PC version is having worse issues than Arkham Knight's PC port.

spronk

FPS noob
australian dude takes pics of his car in game and IRL. yadda yadda HDR doctored etc

XXFwbQ9.jpg

There's a good way to level up if you want to - no real need to though, I've never bothered grinding levels in forza, no real point. But if you do, get to level 5 in a festival (takes ~1.4m festival fans, probably around 10 hours of play) and then you can set the number of laps to a high number in any blueprint. I did one for 20 laps, took 22 minutes to finish, and I got 6 levels, 6 extra perks, 6 wheelspins, etc. Kinda fun actually if you find a race and car you really like, I love driving the halo warthog on street races in early morning.

Don't forget forza horizon 1 is free on GWG for another 2 days, its going to get delisted soon from xbox so snag it while you can. Depending on how many games you have played and how far you got in them, you can get a nice little chunk of free money every week from forza rewards, I am tier 7 and get 300k a week each for F5/F6/FH2/FH3. over the past year its been 10m in each of those games, which is nice
Forza Rewards

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Spronk, I do not agree with people posing as game players on NeoGaf when they work for Microsoft, either directly or indirectly, posting HDR screen shots from the Xbox One S version of the game (With HDR enabled) which makes an incredible difference in the graphical fidelty when 99.999% of the Xbox One base has the vanilla version of the hardware which doesn't support it. Pretty fucking cut and dry when it comes to ethics. If you disagree, I don't give a shit. It's wrong, and needed to be pointed out.

Secondly, it's a shame this game is being driven into the ground by Microsoft. Because here is what is happening right now. (I actually liked playing the demo and would have bought the game if it wasn't for the shit below)

Base Game - $60
Newly Announced Season pass not a part of the ultimate edition - $35
Car Pass (To get back the cars they cut to fucking sell you) - $20
VIP Pass - To get double XP, which isn't a big deal, but to also get back the events they slashed out of the game and put behind a paywall for no reason what so ever. $30
All Sports Car Pass - $15

And don't forget, in case you want to unlock the horn of your car early or some shit? $2.99.

But wait, it gets even better

Remember custom audio? I do. I was playing custom tracks in my NFL stadium in NFL2k3 on my Original Xbox. 13 fucking years ago

Want to do that here? You can! Because Microsoft forces you to use the "Azure" radio channel where you can select the songs you would love to hear while playing the game. Why bother with including a simple option that was free 13 years ago to use the music we already bought, when you can charge $9.99 a month for the Azure service (Think Spotify), and force your players to use only that service! Once again, yours. For $9.99 a month. No other options.

All said and done? And just to be nice I'll just not add these all up separately but will use the Ultimate Edition instead.

$99+$35+$10

For the low low price of just $144.00 you can have access to all the content they cut out to resell you and have access back to a rudimentary custom music selection on a monthly recurring fee of 9.99!

What a bargain!

Anyone that supports this business practice should be shot in their favorite genital area. Twice.

spronk

FPS noob
your HDR rants are idiotic because thats not how HDR works, its like someone posting a screenshot and you saying its clearly 4k or VR. HDR10 is an end output display, you can only see its true effects in person on a display. Every single screenshot I posted in this thread was from a neogaf regular user not a microsoft employee, Forza uses in game tech to enhance photos you shoot (photo and drone mode) so yes there is extra aliasing and lighting processing that happens to ALL forza screenshots but its NOT hdr, you can only tell HDR in person just like VR or 4k or dolby vision or any other tech that is END image enhancement. Neogaf would rip a hundred new assholes to any PR person trying to dupe them with faked stuff, so its completely ludicrous for you to say stuff like that. They are also a huge Playstation focused forum so they would love it.

I completely agree the pricing kinda sucks but its been like that for every single forza game, it is what it is at this point and EVERY SINGLE BIG GAME now does this like battlefield, call of duty, destiny, etc. Base game is $60, "season pass" or "ultimate edition" or whatever is another $30-50, then microtransactions for cosmetic shit ON TOP OF THAT. You are 100% perfectly fine just playing the base game though. It is what is is in the gaming industry, I'm not going to get mad and not play games because of it, I just will only buy the base game for stuff I am iffy on like battlefield and buy the season pass later. It is lame that the ultimate edition for forza does not include the content pack DLCs, that surprised the hell out of me when I bought Forza 6 Ultimate and had to shell out $5 later ($24.99 normal) for porsche xpac and didn't buy the nascar xpac at all because I'm not a fucking redneck.

also not sure what you are talking about azure, forza lets you play groove music which is FREE FOR LOCAL FILES, groove music is not a seperate company its microsoft. Any files you have on your OneDrive folder are FREE TO PLAY IN Forza, they only charge if you want to use it like spotify and listen to their entire cloud catalog for $10/mo. But its unlocked as a music channel at festival 3 and I play it and have 40 of my own songs in my OneDrive folder it plays just fine, I don't pay a single penny extra for it.

I'd totally agree with your rants on Star Citizen, No Man's Sky, etc but in this case I think the quality of the game outweights its minor faults - PC port is meh for some people, the way too many confusing $$ options. For $60 msrp though you get a completely fun game and there is no reason to buy anything more other than you want more cars. If you are playing on PC you can read this thread about it, I ran it a few times on my PC and it runs just fine but I'm only on a 970 @ 1440p, I suspect the problems are more in edge cases - new cards, older cards, 4k, etc
Forza Horizon 3 PC Performance Thread

another "HDR" screenshot of course
JRFPWVU.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I completely agree the pricing kinda sucks but its been like that for every single forza game, it is what it is at this point and EVERY SINGLE BIG GAME now does this like battlefield, call of duty, destiny, etc. Base game is $60, "season pass" or "ultimate edition" or whatever is another $30-50, then microtransactions for cosmetic shit ON TOP OF THAT.

Except that isn't what was done here. The ultimate edition includes the microtransactions and shit cut from the game, and doesn't include the season pass. At least if I buy the ultimate edition of say Star Wars or Call of Duty, which I would never fucking do anyway, at least it included the season pass. This just added ANOTHER fucking paywall on top of that (24 hours the game went live mind you). (No one cares about the smaller transactions in those games. It's the season pass which should never be fucking charged for anyway, being added on top of an already $100 ultimate edition)

Any files you have on your OneDrive folder are FREE TO PLAY IN Forza, they only charge if you want to use it like spotify and listen to their entire cloud catalog for $10/mo. But its unlocked as a music channel at festival 3 and I play it and have 40 of my own songs in my OneDrive folder it plays just fine, I don't pay a single penny extra for it.

Where exactly would you place those files in the Xbox One version of the game? And what file format do they need to be?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Also, why the hell with someone of your intelligence post on NeoGaf or even visit it?

spronk

FPS noob
Also, why the hell with someone of your intelligence post on NeoGaf or even visit it?

if you stick to the gaming side and avoid all the SJW threads its got the most devs and hardcore gamers posting. as long as you avoid any political or feminism type thread its great, and most of the guys posting on there are just regular gamers. just all the mods and shit are kooky liberals

i even have a tampermonkey plugin, neogaf thread ignorer, which automatically hides all threads involving feminism, politics, or religion so i never get banned.

re: OneDrive music, copy all the mp3/etc files to your OneDrive\Music folder in W10, run the groove app on windows 10, create a playlist from your OneDrive music files (call it anything). You can see the playlist then inside FH3 audio settings, but you have to unlock your third festival to unlock the groove station which plays them. There is no shuffle either with the groove thing, it'll play off your list in order and you can only skip forward/back by song.

All my wife's world music crap got stuck in my playlist, I gotta clean that shit up

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picked this up today after playing The Crew for a bit and wanting something more current plus with them doing cross platform for future stuff gave me an excuse to actually use the xbox live stuff finally.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I did more research on the DLC Microtransactions... Some content cut and what not, and it seems like while they charge a lot of money for that garbage, it is completely fluff and definitely not worth the value. (So it sounds like no one buys it) The meat of the game turned out to actually be in the game. I was thinking it was going to be as ridiculous as something like iRacing. So, I plunked down to give it a shot and my first real foray into Forza and friended a few SA goons on X1. Also knowinig I could have custom tracks without subscribing to the Grooze service made me feel better about giving these guys any cash.

Overall, it's a fun game so far. I made a Dukes of Hazard car, and did this blueprint thing where I was able to design a template for a course and give it a poster and other people can race. Basically it was all old movie cars in the race which was hilarious. Then I saw one of my new X1 friends from SA made one and I was able to select it and race it. That was pretty cool. On the X1 it actually works really well. Maybe it's because it is a fresh genre for me and I never particularly cared for driving games, or maybe it's the setting and all the things to do, but I am surprised.

With that said, there is so much to fucking do from the game play and various forms of events, to outside of the game play it's almost too daunting. I am going to join a club when I can which is hopefully soon. Anyone here on Xbox 1? I have like 12 friends left that actually log in anymore on that device. Majority went to PS4. I also need to explore coop, online racing, etc.

Anyone use a wheel and gas pedal/racing chair and how do those work these days?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I did more research on the DLC Microtransactions... Some content cut and what not, and it seems like while they charge a lot of money for that garbage, it is completely fluff and definitely not worth the value. (So it sounds like no one buys it) The meat of the game turned out to actually be in the game. I was thinking it was going to be as ridiculous as something like iRacing. So, I plunked down to give it a shot and my first real foray into Forza and friended a few SA goons on X1. Also knowinig I could have custom tracks without subscribing to the Grooze service made me feel better about giving these guys any cash.

Overall, it's a fun game so far. I made a Dukes of Hazard car, and did this blueprint thing where I was able to design a template for a course and give it a poster and other people can race. Basically it was all old movie cars in the race which was hilarious. Then I saw one of my new X1 friends from SA made one and I was able to select it and race it. That was pretty cool. On the X1 it actually works really well. Maybe it's because it is a fresh genre for me and I never particularly cared for driving games, or maybe it's the setting and all the things to do, but I am surprised.

With that said, there is so much to fucking do from the game play and various forms of events, to outside of the game play it's almost too daunting. I am going to join a club when I can which is hopefully soon. Anyone here on Xbox 1? I have like 12 friends left that actually log in anymore on that device. Majority went to PS4. I also need to explore coop, online racing, etc.

Anyone use a wheel and gas pedal/racing chair and how do those work these days?

Should I get this or destiny Rise of Iron Balls?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've played a couple hours now on PC and haven't had any issues. Fun so far. Hopefully get some more play time tonight.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've played a couple hours now on PC and haven't had any issues. Fun so far. Hopefully get some more play time tonight.

Same here. Game was set to high by default and I didn't mess with the settings. Was kind of CPU intensive initially, where my GPU wasn't really doing much, but after the first intro races, the GPU started getting taxed as you'd expect. APEX always seemed to hammer my CPU pretty hard (6700k). Not maxxed, but it was working it harder then most other games for sure.

I thought the purchasing/downloading was convoluted, but i think thats because I'm used to the simplicity of Steam.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, the Microsoft Windows Store sucks and always will for the most part. Nothing will top Steam.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got it on my little piece of crap alienware alpha that I bought as a minecraft machine for my kids, but ended up getting fallout 4 on it (long story), and it runs fine. Granted it's on low settings, but it's good enough for my tastes. The only issue I had with it, is their really stupid DRM on it. Instead of being like Steam where you can choose to be "offline" when it first loads, I have to connect to my phone's hot spot long enough to for the game to sign into xbox live, and then I can turn off my phone's hot spot. If you don't do that, the game will start to load but then totally go away. Was extremely annoyed at first because I had checked the FAQ and it said you did not need to be online, and I thought the game was just flat out broken because it gives you no indication as to what is wrong. I only noticed it because I brought it into my office to suck their bandwidth on updates and noticed it ran just fine when I was hooked up to the net. Thankfully I did, because the game seriously is awesome fun. Nothing like taking a 2 million dollar Lamborghini off road over hills and through trees and someone's fence.