From

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The second season feels like it was so many years ago I just assumed this was cancelled. I have no clue what was even happening, but I remember it being frustrating enough to watch that I'm never going to rewatch this thing.

Guess I'll see how the feedback for the next couple episodes goes before diving back in.
It wasn't bad per se, like I said I watched it maybe within the past 3 months or something, but it's definitely drifting into that dangerous territory of stringing the audience out every season, just to green light and make money off of an additional season, and there's no end in sight.

That's why I'm so hesitant to even invest my time and any of these shows. I might give it a whirl if it's the first one, but it seems like most of the time you end up getting burned because something is canceled and the numbers aren't doing what they need to do for the studio execs.

I just like the concept and it seems somewhat original, and I want to know what the hell everything's about, but again it's those stupid JJ Abrams mystery box shit.

I'm definitely going to watch it though, and will report back.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know man, I just remember every episode feeling like it could've been solved if the people involved just spent 2 seconds talking to each other, but instead they play information vault with each other to add confusion and piss me off.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Given the reality-bending feats that the monsters/forest are capable of, the only solutions that it can possibly be are:

1. All in someone's head/nightmare
  2. Aliens abducted them and put them in a zoo
  3. Matrix-style computer simulation
  4. They're in hell/purgatory

There's really nothing else it can be, and yeah we will never find out because they're just going to keep stretching it out until they get unceremoniously canceled.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm guessing everyone who "dies" is actually freed. That's why the mom got pushed out of a lighthouse. I'm not sure if it's a test of some one's will for some light-as-a-feather bullshit to get into heaven or ascend or whatever or if they're specifically looking for some one who never gives up hope to possibly lead people somewhere like interstellar travel to a new planet or something.

Hopefully it's something more thought out than just "they all did bad and are in Hell lul." But that LOST shit with it being Purgatory nailed it pretty early in the show so who knows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm guessing everyone who "dies" is actually freed. That's why the mom got pushed out of a lighthouse. I'm not sure if it's a test of some one's will for some light-as-a-feather bullshit to get into heaven or ascend or whatever or if they're specifically looking for some one who never gives up hope to possibly lead people somewhere like interstellar travel to a new planet or something.

Hopefully it's something more thought out than just "they all did bad and are in Hell lul." But that LOST shit with it being Purgatory nailed it pretty early in the show so who knows.
Yeah I just can't imagine they're going to try to do the purgatory angle again, just because of everything with Lost.

Could be the alien angle. I don't know and I guess that's kind of why despite getting led along, I'd like to at least see where it concludes, but based on the history of these types of shows streaming, the chances are probably zilch.

I watched that Chapelwaite show suggested in the Salem's Lot thread. It wasn't bad, and obviously could continue for another season or something, but at least it had the decency to end it on a decent conclusion. Leave it up to the audience to just assume that Adrian Brody rowed off and had weird vampire adventures, and I was fine with that.

If you're going to do these big mystery box shows, and I always had this Sword of Damocles hanging over your production, at least do the audience of favor and have a beginning and an end to the season where there is a good finale and it can just end there. Maybe him at the fact something more could go on, but give some sort of conclusion to the plot arc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
I don't know man, I just remember every episode feeling like it could've been solved if the people involved just spent 2 seconds talking to each other, but instead they play information vault with each other to add confusion and piss me off.

This x10 - it actually irked me a lot when the mother pre-emptively decides to be weird and cryptic with everyone, it actually turned out worse than the cliche 'Ok my story makes no sense but I'm not craaaaaaazy' ( screamed in crazy voice ).

It's not like she has anything to hide - even if she thinks people won't believe her about monsters ( fair ), mostly the truth is entirely plausible anyway - van crashed and they got abducted by gun-toting crazies that wouldn't let them leave. She's got names and accurate descriptions of actual real people too. Apparently the alternative is just wander around as a homeless person hoping inspiration strikes ?

Anyway, I liked first ep better than all of s2 - at least stuff actually happens ;p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
This show is like fucking a girl for 20 minutes and not being able to bust. No payoff.

It jumps from one absurd mystery box to the next ad infinitum.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Not about From but MGM itself. Now that the writer strike is well done with which delayed things AND Amazon has finally integrated MGM fully AND Amazon has built their own studios which took time, whew, these projects are confirmed and moving ahead/has movement.
Spaceballs 2
Bond
Space Force
Space 2001 remake
Legally Blonde
Robocop series
And and and
New Stargate movies and series![under set production and writing]
Turns out Amazon after spending 6.5B on MGM they found out nothing had been done on these valuable IPs including Bond/Stargate despite those 2 still making profits today. Official announcement expected by Christmas. It's happening. Shame they don't have Dredd haha

Should also add, MGM didn't actually sell any production value just IP/content over with staff, so Amazon had to build their own production facilities and between Covid/Strike had issues with that so when they did finally build them they had a massive backlog of prepared schedules, this is why Stargate got canned a few years back, that and the same week they were going to break it, the writing strike happened. The delay now is Amazon knows Stargate will be more expensive than all the other projects combined, on the tune of 7-11million per episode so they are thinking of splitting distrubution and have offers out. Currently Sony is in the lead for providing production greatly reducing cost to Amazon for a slice along the way. Hence Christmasish is when we'll hear yup, it's going down or no, we stupid.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Even though I hate remakes and sequels, it would be rather cool if they fired up another SG-1 series with a new crew. If we are in fact dewokifying now, then it potentially could be fun.

Oldbased

> Than U
Even though I hate remakes and sequels, it would be rather cool if they fired up another SG-1 series with a new crew. If we are in fact dewokifying now, then it potentially could be fun.
Initially the plan was to go with a future SG1/Atlantis timeline and ignore that SU ever existed. I'd imagine that is still the case since over 30 people of SG-1 have died IRL now and many of the others are showing their age like Richard Dean looks like boss hog and even Dr Jackson doubled his weight and Teal'c looks old as fuck. The only exception was they was going to write in the dude playing Eli from SU in somehow, but not only has he aged, he much thinner now. Truth be told, them dumping season 6 of Atlantis to make SU and making it ALA Battlestar style to compete was a terrible mistake. SG is literally endless possibilities due to the gates and galaxies. It should have continued on.

The saving grace of a new one is the people behind The Expanse have basically demanded to be involved in it, but the downside is last I heard Amazon/MGM gave Wright the cold shoulder and he knows the SG world better than anyone. We'll see when the calls go out. I'm hearing by Christmas either we'll be excited or it'll be off the shelf for a good while. I think it is riding on Sony helping pick up the insane tab as basically 10M a episode and most involved are demanding a minimal 3 year/season contract.

Back to From. I am glad I am pirating this and not paying for MGM. It is almost as low value as Beacon 23 was which I also Jack Sparrowed. Arrrrrr

• 3Like