Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Tenjikuronin

why-ever-get-out-bed-16.jpg

hump-dar-25.jpg

9th Otaku_sl

shitlord
What are we looking at here? Is this the full receipt? because those items don't add up to $83 either, but $77.68

Even if you add those two up, the suggested tips still don't fit
They do add up if you add 7% sales tax. I know some if not all European countries have it added in automatically but in the states they don't do that. You are right about the suggested tip amounts... they're way off.

rrr_img_65828.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What are we looking at here? Is this the full receipt? because those items don't add up to $83 either, but $77.68

Even if you add those two up, the suggested tips still don't fit
You're forgetting Tax, which makes the total 83.12. A Point of Sale system usually only has the Suggested Tip Amount as an Option, not an editable field. 46% seems pretty fucking random too. Ive ate here and its nothing special. But, the best theory I can come up with is that we are looking at one out of several tables. This particular table of 2 asked for their check to be separate and when the PoS system prints it out, the suggested tip is left at the total of the entire ticket. Basing this on the fact that 40 bucks is 20% of 200 bucks, which makes much more sense since the the tables on the outer deck are basically two seaters. Or, the waiter/ess has figured out how to game the system by combining everyone on one ticket. But that seems like a terrible amount of effort to go through just to get the suggested tip amount to come up a few more bucks.

bahama-breeze-1.jpg

Worst thing about visiting Florida.
rrr_img_65882.jpg

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
rrr_img_65921.gif
77.68x = 83.12, find x. x-1 just might be tax rate /wink

Yes, someone fucked up the tips calculation (or labeling, is my guess) - that's the point. I wonder how long that scam lasted.
Tax in FL is 6%, so that's how that happened.

15% of 77.68 is just under $12, so the suggested tip amount is off by a lot, more than twice what it should be (based on those percentages).

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Considering you have to pay the tax in each scenario, I don't see why the prices don't have tax added to them automatically. The only place where prices wouldn't have the tax quoted on them in the start would be wholesale stores for suppliers and retailers.

rrr_img_65927.jpg

Is there a reason the forum time is 10 minutes behind?

Northerner

N00b
Considering you have to pay the tax in each scenario, I don't see why the prices don't have tax added to them automatically. The only place where prices wouldn't have the tax quoted on them in the start would be wholesale stores for suppliers and retailers.
Most economists believe that taxes need to be visible so the market can be efficient. Consumer/buyer choices should be influenced by knowledge and so on and so on.

I mean, these days that seems cute and all but breaking out (some of) the taxes is still sound. Showing all of them would be far better but fuck that noise as far as the legislature goes. They sure as fuck would be sad if we saw the real accounting-level taxation on pretty much anything.