General Discussion

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I know we had some folks who were on the fence before waiting for the official release date. With May 24th launch officially announced please hit me up to let me know if you're in and want a static group for launch now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I know we had some folks who were on the fence before waiting for the official release date. With May 24th launch officially announced please hit me up to let me know if you're in and want a static group for launch now.
I would like a static group now that it is announced.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Me as well. Do I need to sign up on faceless forums to be official?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
With that date I can give a solid 3-4 days straight of playing and have to work after that. Anyone have a similar schedule and want to group hard the first few days?

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really can't decide what to play. I want to be able to solo/duo random gear if need be (despite challenge). I want to be strong in groups. Don't want to be an over-populated class, want to feel good about meaningful upgrades (Specifically weapons), and prefer Wood Elf.

Considering
Ranger - Possible - Does this really provide the value of a pure DPS? Too many rangers already?
Rogue - Era changes hurts comparative DPS? Not much utility/solo ability
Bard - Most experience with; annoys me that group loses mana song when I pull; huge gaps in charm usefulness throughout levels
Pal - Doesn't get stronger until later on? DPS gimp compared to War/SK? Lame races. How we doing on tanks?

Somewhat considering
SK - Powerful, but too dime a dozen
Ench - Way too many signed up. Awesome class.
Cleric - Don't feel like being on CH chains later on. Fun in group game.
Wiz - Powerful but think I'll get bored

Not as much
Nec - Dots too slow paced for groups
Mage - Too one dimensional. Susceptible to training
Monk - Very strong Melee DPS (Strongest?) but no interest in play style
Shaman - Don't want to buff people all day
War - Have to know too much about raids. Fairly one dimensional.
Druid - Not super strong in groups? Can charm animals. Sort of an odd class.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I really can't decide what to play. I want to be able to solo/duo random gear if need be (despite challenge). I want to be strong in groups. Don't want to be an over-populated class, want to feel good about meaningful upgrades (Specifically weapons), and prefer Wood Elf.

Considering
Ranger - Possible - Does this really provide the value of a pure DPS? Too many rangers already?
Rogue - Era changes hurts comparative DPS? Not much utility/solo ability
Bard - Most experience with; annoys me that group loses mana song when I pull; huge gaps in charm usefulness throughout levels
Pal - Doesn't get stronger until later on? DPS gimp compared to War/SK? Lame races. How we doing on tanks?

Somewhat considering
SK - Powerful, but too dime a dozen
Ench - Way too many signed up. Awesome class.
Cleric - Don't feel like being on CH chains later on. Fun in group game.
Wiz - Powerful but think I'll get bored

Not as much
Nec - Dots too slow paced for groups
Mage - Too one dimensional. Susceptible to training
Monk - Very strong Melee DPS (Strongest?) but no interest in play style
Shaman - Don't want to buff people all day
War - Have to know too much about raids. Fairly one dimensional.
Druid - Not super strong in groups? Can charm animals. Sort of an odd class.

We could actually use another Paladin, I believe we've only got one at the moment. Literally everything else is good too though, so it's your call.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone want to box / play my druid for the launch grind? The release date is a no-go for me.

If not I'll prolly change class to something else and start the weekend after.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone want to box / play my druid for the launch grind? The release date is a no-go for me.

If not I'll prolly change class to something else and start the weekend after.

I volunteer as a strong maybe, rather you find some one that is 100%. If that doesn't work out though hit me up about 10 days before launch I will know more.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I might go Ranger if it turns out they're not shit tier until PoP like I always thought.

I like the idea of being a less played class, but Pal is so damn boring.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I did pali on Phinny and it was a grand time. Roknok helped me when the shin lord wrecked my group and they all bailed. Ghoulbane is a fun toy.

Dorf for dorfroll with an inkie mask for when I wanted to be pretty.

I read this again and remembered: Girl dorfs can't dorfroll.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the purpose of a pally in these first expansions? Are they not simply out classed in literally everything to an SK? Even when fighting undead?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's the purpose of a pally in these first expansions? Are they not simply out classed in literally everything to an SK? Even when fighting undead?

I think LoH gets pretty busted at 60, gets a pretty crazy heal over time effect.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think LoH gets pretty busted at 60, gets a pretty crazy heal over time effect.
This, and they get a DA hammer which is pretty amazing for ramp tanking. But in general, yes they're outclassed by SKs. There's a reason one class is heavily played and the other is one of the least played.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I played a pally on phini and regretted it. It was fun to level up in groups but has no soloability whatsoever. May be ok with Agnarr XP, since you could do an alt. On phini I just said fuck that noise and wound up quitting