General Gaming News and Discussion

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guessing Leo will work till he dies now after his crash deal. His sponsors of his podcast found out the stats were totally fake. I think I read he was pushing that a majority had an advanced degree and made much more than $100k a year and such. Then of course his new wife didn't pay the taxes or paid the wrong amount. That's when his podcast stopped suddenly paying guest to appear weekly. I haven't heard anything about him in a long time but there was a deal shortly after it happened that he was traveling beyond first class all over the world with his new wife and then overnight all that went away.

There was a website devoted to all the "crazy" things that went wrong all at once. I'll have to look and see if it's still around.

Edit - didn't see it but one article in 2022 that he stepped down.

From one time boasting about having 14 million in annual sales, and owning 25% of all podcast revenue, Leo Laporte recently acknowledged that TWiT is screwed because sponsors now want proof that there are actual listeners, i.e. analytics that can’t be faked.
I honestly don't know much about the TWIT network but security now is easily one of the top cyber security podcasts and Gibson is a fucking G.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh man haven't made it this far in a long time.

Screenshot_20240711_082907.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
if you really wanted to try this killed-within-six-months 5v5 you can play the beta free with PS+ this weekend

its not gonna launch f2p either lol

Goonsquad Officer
thats what you want in a character. an eye searing abomination that won't inspire people to microtransact cute outfits for, and for merchandising to not want to make t-shirts and figures of.

it's just all around a great idea.

Burns

Here is Humble Games:

Slay the Spire looks to be a different company:
2024-07-23 15.11.05 store.steampowered.com 2c62fbac049b.png

Burns

I think if you lay off all staff then there's no one left?
"We signed publishing agreements with companies, so IGN still wants to collect those checks."

Hope those indie devs have some way to get out of the contracts...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How the fuck do yall not know the difference between a publisher and a developer?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users