Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

YOU'LL LOVE IT!

e2a.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That Logitech story is a month old, and they backed off it immediately. Just the fact that their CEO was touting it as the Next Big Thing makes me want to never buy another product of theirs again though.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Their products used to be top notch, but no longer the case. Do they even honor their warranty anymore? I remember you used to send back a dead mouse and they would send you a new one, even if it was a later model and yours was not made anymore.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Their products used to be top notch, but no longer the case. Do they even honor their warranty anymore? I remember you used to send back a dead mouse and they would send you a new one, even if it was a later model and yours was not made anymore.

The G13 and G600 were some of the best gaming products they made, and they gave up on both.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Their support is more frustrating to deal with, but they still cover the warranty if you're willing to jump through the hoops.

They don't even make you send the old one back usually, as long as you are willing to submit a video of the broken issue.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well looks like Concord has at least one thing going for it. Early estimates put copies sold at around 25k. Sony bought the studio for 150 mil + 8 years of dev time. Seems it will hold the record of largest game flop in history for some time to come.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I still think gaming wise the biggest casualty of retarded moderns is that role playing is "playing as yourself" instead of something else. In the 80s no one was like "man I can't really imagine myself as a short fat Italian plumber who dresses up as a raccoon and occasionally commits arson". But now everything is about "expressing yourself" rather than just playing a fucking game. So shitty games like Concord and others are just full of these absolutely lifeless characters that check boxes so people who don't care can "relate" or something.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A lot of games have box-checking characters. These ones just look like shit.

What's funny is the gunplay of Concord is not that bad. But selling it as a box game is fucking stupid, especially when your advertising doesn't work because your characters are dumb.

They should have just let people make their own characters like The Finals.

Goonsquad Officer
I still think gaming wise the biggest casualty of retarded moderns is that role playing is "playing as yourself" instead of something else. In the 80s no one was like "man I can't really imagine myself as a short fat Italian plumber who dresses up as a raccoon and occasionally commits arson". But now everything is about "expressing yourself" rather than just playing a fucking game. So shitty games like Concord and others are just full of these absolutely lifeless characters that check boxes so people who don't care can "relate" or something.
Also that they equate a setting or story having an evil, or racist or mean or biggoted elemeny in the story...as endorsement instead of depicting an imperfect setting.. iy makes heroes lame, villians lame, locations completely unbelievable

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah box checking wasn't the issue there, just horrible design. Overwatch is a lot of box checking with some shit that really don't matter like making Tracer gay, Zaria having the butch lesbo pink haircut and such, and yet people really like the char designs cause a lot of them are just great. They also don't just do the stupid shit, you have stuff that appeals to not just the weird pansexual furries but more "generic" stuff like Reinhardt or McCree(although that one got hit with the name change and all that but still). Even female chars have like Dva and Mercy which don't have really any sexual orientation or racial diversity quirks(I mean Dva is korean I guess but that's hardly the same ballpark).

Concord character just look like shit, really poor design. Similar color palettes on a lot of them, few clear defining character traits, slap on very shitty ingame customization(Overwatch had a bunch of skins right away, a lot of them with pretty different designs from the original) and yeah. And then obviously the game itself wasn't particularly good from what I read, so it's not redeemed by that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Concord was just halfway between a bunch of games that were great at what they were and measured up to none of them. It looked terrible gameplay wise. The character matchups were awful and you could tell even in beta that there were a few classes that were just going to be "the" classes. A bunch of streamers got paid to play it for like 12 hours and I watched a lot of it and it was just soulless Overwatch with CSGO maps and objectives. Basically Valorant, but worse, and with movement abilities.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Much like the MMORPG clones of the 00s there's a similar chase on making the next big live service. As it just prints money if you're successful with it.

I expect more concords.