General Gaming News and Discussion

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah there's still a bit of Kickstarter and stuff but too many games never released/were dogshit so probably hard to get traction off just a pitch nowadays, instead it's early access where you buy into the alpha so you at least have something tangible to play for your money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
lol this was the character set in concord. jee i wonder why it bombed so hard. it'll be fascinating to see what sony does, considering they made a controller for the game and a full episode of an upcoming video game tv series on amazon is dedicated to the game hahaha

maxresdefault.jpg

• 5Double Worf
  • 3Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 8 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There better be a sprint hotkey and/or mounts they simply aren't using, cause slow jogging everywhere would be painful.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What did Sony pay for s studio (firewalk) that should get sued by any white employee?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
lol this was the character set in concord. jee i wonder why it bombed so hard. it'll be fascinating to see what sony does, considering they made a controller for the game and a full episode of an upcoming video game tv series on amazon is dedicated to the game hahaha

maxresdefault.jpg
If there isn't a hamster I'm not fuckin playing anyway

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

maxresdefault.jpg
IMG_3955.jpeg

• 11Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Let's take this back to a great time...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The thing I hate about Destiny is that you could do SO MUCH with that setting and yet they keep making the exact same linear FPS dungeons over and over again rather than expanding the scope of the game.

I could barely stand Destiny myself.

Mechanically it was perfectly decent and played well, liked the class that could air dash and knife their foes.

What bothered me was, yeah, how damn wasted the setting was. Wanted to see some lasers and other futuristic tech, instead we got a bunch of uncreative weapons and settings. Some of the future COD games made better use of the solar system.

It was also very WoW-ified, and by that I mean later retail WoW that doesn't interest me.

On top of all that was how damn annoying the naming schemes were. All the enemies had names like "ogre mage" or "warlock" or some shit, making it sound like a fantasy game when it wasn't. It all just seemed like it was designed to appeal to fat guys who play Warhammer, or something. No offense to anyone who plays Warhammer.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also a stupid one. While Chernobyl is nominally in Ukraine the entire Pripyat plant was a Soviet enterprise built by Soviets from both the Ukraine region and Russia.

Having the entire game be in unintelligible Ukrainian gibberish just makes it so the native Russian speakers can no longer understand it. This means nothing to the Western audience but Chernobyl is a major event in Russian society. Not only Ukraine. As they most likely went "professional" with it and the Ukrainian being used will not be of the variety that's 50%+ Russian vocabulary. They will likely change out all of the signage and words around Pripyat with Ukrainian which is historically inaccurate as all signage in Ukraine was in Russian until after independence.

Araysar Araysar I do wonder the impact it will have as Stalker 1 was a cult classic in the West but had a much more massive following in Russia and the Soviet bloc.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That is woefully simplistic. Blackrock’s entire philosophy on how to make the number go up is the problem.

Also, I’m almost 100% sure that prior HBR studies showed DEI didn’t mean shit. (Teams Solve Problems Faster When They’re More Cognitively Diverse). Current replications show the McKinsey assertion on diversity is not reproducible.(McKinsey's Diversity Matters/Delivers/Wins Results Revisited · Econ Journal Watch : Firm financial performance, executives, racial diversity, ethnic diversity) So why are Blackrock, State Street, McKinsey all still pushing this shit?

Because it puts employees in a state of acting like sheep or staying quiet at worst and being religious zealots for the cause at best. That in turn deflects attention from their absolute destruction of the American economy to facilitate a global economy that we aren’t prepared for in the way they want it. All in service of creating a little corporate-communist hellscape where it’s all perfectly controlled by a few companies.

This is a really good explanation. Speaking of staying quiet or acting like sheep, I've noticed that the "leave politics at the door / away from the dinner table" types rarely seem to follow their own advice. Lot of message boards out there for gaming, wrestling, and other hobbies that have "no politics" rules yet it seems like (mostly left) people are constantly itching to inject politics into unrelated discussion.

Personally I prefer no political discussion in game if I'm playing something and I stick to that myself. Just always throws me when I see people calling for no politics, then getting political and hiding behind the no politics rule when they get pushed back on. I call it "the Shut It Dowwwwn defense".

See also how we made bullying uncool and then the next thing we know mentally-ill weirdoes are running rampant and foisting their rage-filled zealotry on everyone else, since no one ever stopped them. Only took like a decade for that turnaround.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Also a stupid one. While Chernobyl is nominally in Ukraine the entire Pripyat plant was a Soviet enterprise built by Soviets from both the Ukraine region and Russia.

Having the entire game be in unintelligible Ukrainian gibberish just makes it so the native Russian speakers can no longer understand it. This means nothing to the Western audience but Chernobyl is a major event in Russian society. Not only Ukraine. As they most likely went "professional" with it and the Ukrainian being used will not be of the variety that's 50%+ Russian vocabulary. They will likely change out all of the signage and words around Pripyat with Ukrainian which is historically inaccurate as all signage in Ukraine was in Russian until after independence.

Araysar Araysar I do wonder the impact it will have as Stalker 1 was a cult classic in the West but had a much more massive following in Russia and the Soviet bloc.

is it moddable?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 543253

18097.jpg

The other day I found Game Informer's 2017 issue with the 100 best RPGs of all time. It's a pretty solid list. Everquest at #22, Chrono Trigger at #3. Their choice for #1 probably seemed like a good idea in 2017 but I feel like it hasn't aged that well.

100. Torment: Tides of Numenera
99. Dragon Quest III
98. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
97. Dark Cloud 2
96. Lost Odyssey
95. The World Ends With You
94. Golden Sun
93. Pillars of Eternity
92. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
91. Bastion
90. Panzer Dragoon Saga
89. Tales of Symphonia
88. Radiata Stories
87. Vagrant Story
86. Pools of Radiance
85. Might & Magic: World of Xeen
84. Horizon: Zero Dawn
83. Xenoblade Chronicles
82. South Park: The Stick of Truth
81. Destiny
80. Odin Sphere
79. Dragon's Dogma
78. Wasteland
77. Radiant Historia
76. Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
75. Shadow Hearts: Covenant
74. Monster Hunter Generations
73. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
72. Paper Mario
71. Jade Empire
70. Undertale
69. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
68. Divinity: Original Sin
67. Path of Exile
66. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
65. Mass Effect
64. Darkest Dungeon
63. Valkyria Chronicles
62. Baldur's Gate
61. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
60. Icewind Dale II
59. Chrono Cross
58. Tales of the Unknown, Vol. 1: The Bard's Tale
57. Dragon Age: Inquisition
56. Fable II
55. Skies of Arcadia
54. Grandia II
53. Star Ocean: The Second Story
52. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
51. Dragon Quest VII: Journey of the Cursed King
50. Pokemon Gold & Silver
49. Xenogears
48. Persona 3
47. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
46. Demon's Souls
45. Mass Effect 3
44. Fire Emblem: Awakening
43. Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
42. Shadowrun
41. Xenosaga: Episode I - Der Wille zur Macht
40. Neverwinter Nights
39. Fallout
38. System Shock 2
37. Diablo III
36. Fallout: New Vegas
35. Final Fantasy X
34. Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium
33. Final Fantasy
32. Valkyrie Profile
31. Ultima VII: The Black Gate
30. Persona 4
29. Suikoden II
28. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
27. Earthbound
26. Dragon Age: Origins
25. Kingdom Hearts II
24. Dark Souls
23. Final Fantasy IV
22. EverQuest
21. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
20. Diablo
19. Persona 5
18. Final Fantasy VII
17. Ultima Online
16. Secret of Mana
15. Pokemon Red & Blue
14. Deus Ex
13. Planescape: Torment
12. Fallout 3
11. Bloodborne
10. Final Fantasy Tactics
9. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
8. Diablo II
7. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
6. World of Warcraft
5. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. Mass Effect 2
3. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

"That land was ALWAYS Ukraine"

-Commie student activists, probably