Ghost in the Shell (2017)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Well having recently seen Ghost in the Shell again at Alamo.... Yeah that movie does not hold up well. Long, slow and kinda boring. Very long periods of ex positional conversation and really long periods of just blaring music of slow scenes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Well having recently seen Ghost in the Shell again at Alamo.... Yeah that movie does not hold up well. Long, slow and kinda boring. Very long periods of ex positional conversation and really long periods of just blaring music of slow scenes.

Me too! #solidarity #cultofalamodrafthouse

Can sort of agree with you on the critique, although I still put it as my #1 all-time favorite anime for how mind-blowing the themes were for the time. Cautiously optimistic for the remake.

• 1Solidarity

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I had to talk myself off the ledge after this 2nd trailer. It could be ok, it could be good, it might even be great, but all signs point to "terrible".

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Isn't everything in this trailer in one of the previous ones? I didn't spot much new besides slightly more creepy light room doll scene thing. I still love the old GotS movie, in large part because of the slowness and such, I dunno. As I mentioned before I never expected this to be that movie but with less drawing. They cast ScarJo and also this is 2017, it was always going to be an "inspired by" thing.

Near as I could tell the action scenes in the trailer were almost all from the original movie though... the geisha table thing was the business meeting, the tank is the tank, and the scene where she chases that one perp showed up in that trailer like 3 times. I'm sure there'll be more but so far I'm as ambivalent as ever... I'll see it but have no expectations :p

Brikker

Trump's Staff
people actually thought this live-action anime starring scarlett johanson was going to be good?

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
people actually thought this live-action anime starring scarlett johanson was going to be good?
Good is probably too strong a word. I think people were just hopeful that it wasn't going to be a giant shit sandwich.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Cool prop.

6R4TUTS.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Here is the whole video of that. Can at least say that the movie has cool physical props.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
i remember the movies sucking and not matching up to the shows (in goodness), which also needed to be watched in numbers to get full impact.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The delivery of her lines doesn't have the same... how to put it... dis-interest and then alert but calm and firm delivery of the anime?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
visually, that clip was just stunning to watch. like "holy shit thats exactly what I imagine the future looks like"

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So was she just hovering in mid air outside that room? There is no balcony there.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well im digging the soundtrack.
And please...don't kill Michael Wincott. He's a great actor with an amazing voice.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The movie looks amazing, at least.

• 1Like