Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Sqyds

Molten Core Raider
Looking forward to seeing all the tech in the live action film, especially the tachikoma.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
They should add the "humans only use 10% of their brain" for extra cringe.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't know there was a movie to go with the recent Arise series. Watched it this morning, pretty good! Now I need to watch the series again.

Szlia

Some key scenes and shots will be replicated but that's about all. The whole origin story that sounds like the one of Robocop has nothing to do with the original movie. I smell a massive treason brewing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I think the aesthetic is starting to become dated. And that's me thinking it. I'm not exactly hip.

OTOH -- ScarJo's head superimposed onto a skinsuit. A live action rendering of the anima aesthetic.

I'm hoping it will be pretty. It has to be gorgeous. That was all that Queen of the Damned required. If this one can hit that mark, it's successful in my mind.

It seems similar. Japanese CyberPunk is sort of like European Goth. They're obviously wildly different, but they do scratch the same itch.

iannis

Musty Nester
yeah and that skinsuit.....makes me think it will be pg 13

or that ScarJo has too much street cred to be running around an entire movie with her tits hanging out.

Or that the editing required to paste her head on a body double is just too frivilous.

Probably pg-13 tho.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
or that ScarJo has too much street cred to be running around an entire movie with her tits hanging out.

Or that the editing required to paste her head on a body double is just too frivilous.

Probably pg-13 tho.
She already showed her boobs in Under the Skin....and the major was not always with her tits hanging around, only when necessary imo

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Some key scenes and shots will be replicated but that's about all. The whole origin story that sounds like the one of Robocop has nothing to do with the original movie. I smell a massive treason brewing.
I think the issue is that the TV series was simply better than the movie in almost every aspect, so people tend to remeber that instead, leading to some disappointment.

In SAC she was turned into a cyborg when she was still a child, so her growing up was just switching bodies, typically only adults get that treatment, but it was why she could control them so well. Huge part of her character is that the body she's in is nothing but a tool to be used to her advantage, since almost all the other characters are male.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
why do I fell the movie is a shot for shot of the 1st GITS movie?
The longer trailer released a while ago had a lot of stuff that wasn't in the 1st GiTS movie. I'm willing to accept this is a "based-on" thing basically, despite GiTS being one of my all-time favorite movies :p

I really need to go watch more of the show, never gave it much attention when it hit Toonami or whatever ages ago.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The longer trailer released a while ago had a lot of stuff that wasn't in the 1st GiTS movie. I'm willing to accept this is a "based-on" thing basically, despite GiTS being one of my all-time favorite movies :p

I really need to go watch more of the show, never gave it much attention when it hit Toonami or whatever ages ago.
Stop whatever else you are doing and go watch Stand Alone Complex. It is one of the best animated series ever made. I liked even the second season, but it gets a bit pretentious for some people and even Innocence has its charm, even if there is very little Major and it's mostly people going crazy.

This guy does a good job giving an overview of the whole franchise

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Well if this movie doesn't do well at least the tank looks good can't wait to see if they add the snipers in the heli

Siliconemelons

haha female robo cop haha ohh it could have been great... either they edited blood out a la Logan trailer - or this shits PG13 FOR TEH KIDDS

Nipples and blood, was that so hard?

• 1Solidarity

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Wow, what is going on in this trailer? Hollywood going stupid again. Looks like the plot is generic action schlock.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
that trailer gives away the entire movie

the cgi/tech/world building looks very cool, especially to someone who is not that familiar with GOTS (me; watched one or two of the movies long ago). Too bad if its PG13 which it seems to be. Too bad if there is no Bladerunner-esque moments.

• 1Like