Ghostbusters (2016)

Inque

FunEmployed
They also followed up that article with another that states it will not have any association with the previous Ghostbusters movies, if at all. It's a complete ransacking
frown.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was about to wonder why people get their panties in such a bind over their favorite movies from childhood getting ruined with shitty remakes. Then I remembered how I lost my fucking gourd over the Last Airbender atrocity.

Carry on.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I could maybe wrap my head around a reimagining where you had the same basic characters and premise but where the four ghostbusters were gender swapped ala Starbuck. If they end up not being disgraced but ultimately vindicated scientists I will be irked.

Hell even if they do it as a reimagining do they address the elephant in the room of having four female physics / engineering types working together? Even now it is rare as hell to find women in engineering much less have them all working together on something. Do they just ignore this entirely and thereby suggest more gender parity in Science and Math?

I feel there IS a way to make all this work, but I fear what will actually get made after sifted through a Bridesmaids filter.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
let me put on my sexist pig hat for a second.

chicks are by and large not funny.
no chick in the history of ghost movies has seen a ghost and not screamed and then ran the other way
chicks wont be able to hold or use a proton pack, marla mcginty with her football player shoulders could probably pull it off, but not sandra or cameron or anna.
and you know the whole thing will collapse when a good looking dude shows up and these chicks go all cutthroat on each other.

in all seriousness though. this movie will not work on an all chick premise. older originals, yes, older originals passing the torch to young males yes. even a coed team has a chance. but 4 chicks? uh no.

Caliane

Not sure why making it about 4 chicks is a go. The alternatives must have blown huge chunks. It does seem like that enough time has passed that a sequel would work out just fine, and still serve as a reboot.
Trying to recreate Ghostbusters would be a complete failure imho. The best bet is to come at it from a completely different direction.
I'm ok with this. Although, yeah, have a hard time coming up with who I would want. There really are alot of female actresses who are just not funny. Another charlies angels is very likely.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Here's how you make a "Four Chick Ghostbusters" movie work. Sigourney Weaver reprises her role and somehow discovers some evil supernatural plot but can't get the original team back together for various reasons. Having more knowledge about this shit than your average person, she recruits some relative no-names to join her. I'm talking no one even close to the star level of all the chicks listed previously (yes, even Anna Farris). People like, but not limited to, Mary Death from Bounty Killer of course (Christian Pitre), since she's my avatar. The kryptonian badass from Man of Steel, Antje Traue. And then maybe someone like Lyndsy Fonseca (Nikita, Kickass). Maybe a fourth if you want Sigourney to just have a small supervisory role.

That's the only way I see an all-female team working, because the moment you put four high-profile female actors together like has been suggested, it is practically bound to fail. Sure, there's a chance it could succeed, but none of us believe it. But put Sigourney in to sort of transition things and then get three or four actresses who are hungry to make a bigger name for themselves, and MAYBE a movie like this has a chance.

I mean, I'd rather it never happen just like most of you, but if it has to happen, forget the A-listers. Saves money as well as drama.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'd like all 4 to play off-type. Get that chick from Fast & Furious and have her play the shy nerd the entire movie.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Make it rated R style humor with chicks like Sarah Silverman fulfilling the roles. I don't know who else is like that. Maybe Aisha Tyler? Mila Kunis could be solid probably.

R rating also means tits.

iannis

Musty Nester
I would probably at least pirate it if it had Sarah Silverman, Jeanine Geraffalo, Aisha Tyler, and then some completely random Nordic woman (biggest star in sweden, yo) playing Egon-a.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe they'll just change it do "GhostDusters", and its four women who get hired to be maids in a haunted house. Comedy gold!

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
So the shit hits the fan, the world is threatened by some inter-dimensional bad-guy(s) . . .

And the world turns to a bunch of chicks lead by Melissa McCartney (sp?) as our last hope. Sounds real lousy.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Just off the top of my head, this idea:

Okay get this . . . after the first 2 Ghostbusters movies there is now an industry of dealing with ghosts. Like the events of the first movies set up a world in the films where these ghosts are able to cross over easier.

Anyway so some of the teams are a bit like super-stars, they've got fans and a good following, the top ones make a good income, they have merch and toy figures shown in the reality of the film.

So that being the established world. Then we start to follow this group of chicks who are trying to start their own ghost-busters company. They are looked down on by the others but start to build a slow acceptance with their all-girl underdog status.

Into this comes big evil bad-guy for the film. once he is seen as the big threat to humanity, then the bulk of the big teams assemble to try to deal with him. Our female team also go there, hoping to help. They are given a minor side role as to assist by guarding the flank or something.

Anyway, the main bad-guy has been under estimated. He is able to unleash some big powerful attack or surge of energy that destroys all the top teams (the male ones) - perhaps it's something that's bloodless if they want a family film ( he locks them in stasis or teleports them away )

Regardless, once the dust clears it is realised that the only remaining team is the all-girl team. It's all up to them to dig deep and show their true abilities etc etc = story arc.
- - - -

Plot idea Copyright Gamma Rays 2014

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if they are gonna do an all chick ghostbusters, the villain cant be a man. its ok if its zule because it can be whatever, but it cant be a man, because the movie will be a total shitfest, i mean it already will be a total shitfest, but at least it keeps the SJWs away. it also cant be rated R with tits. it changes the tone of the film and i do NOT want to see Missy Mcgreevy's hooters. i dont want to even think about them. ghostbusters is a lighthearted comedy with some mild adult humor. it was never Animal House, Caddyshack, or Stripes. i was also being serious about the proton packs. those are heavy equipment for a normal sized chick to be lugging around. they will have to change them to be lightweight and small. which again takes away from the iconic images of ghostbusters. ghsotsbusters could work with females, i mean it did have females in the first one, it wasnt a sausage fest, but you cant move females into the leads without ruining everything people loved about the first film. i bet this movie wont ever be made.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree if they are going to reboot this with women, Sarah Silverman has to be part of it. I just don't care if it's anybody else. Sarah knows better than to be a part of this too. Fuck this stupid idea.