Ghostbusters (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
God I cant stand McCarthy, she needs to just stay to serious roles like in the nines. No clue who the other girls are besides Wiig

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well i got one of the 4 right.
i wonder which ghostbusters cameron diaz, sandra bullock, anna ferris and mary mcormick will be playing? cuz you totally know those bitches are gonna be cast for those roles
dunno who the fuck those other bulldykes are. i will make sure i avoid this film like the fucking plague

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh that's right, originally Ghostbusters was going to have Belushi play Venkman and then he went and died and Bill Murray got the part later on.

Still bummed no Sarah Silverman.
slimer is believed to be an homage to belushi. i think he means McNasty would make a good slimer, i agree

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Mccarthy is a pretty solid choice for Venkman (if you have to pick a woman i guess) Kristen wig is also hilarious.

Bridesmaids and The Heat have given me enough laughs to give them the benefit of the doubt on his one.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is a good cast. They don't have weiners. Get fucked, you red pilling nerds.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This is a good cast. They don't have weiners. Get fucked, you red pilling nerds.
^This nerd hates comedy obviously. Wiig is funny, that's it. McCarthy is unfunny garbage. Fat unfunny garbage. This is going to suck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this could be a good thing, maybe, just maybe when this shit flops somebody somewhere might get their head unstuck from their ass and realize that maybe rehashing old dead classics with bad actors and "a twist" to the story works about as well as rebooting them shot for shot with terrible actors/directors/writers.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mccarthy is a pretty solid choice for Venkman (if you have to pick a woman i guess) Kristen wig is also hilarious.

Bridesmaids and The Heat have given me enough laughs to give them the benefit of the doubt on his one.
I feel it was more the other actresses (Bullock in The Heat and the ensemble as a whole in Bridesmaids) boosting the movies up that made McCarthy seem decent than any actual talent from McCarthy. Don't get me wrong, she's not terrible, but she's not that good either. And if I never, ever saw her in another movie ever again, I'd be completely fine with it.

For this movie, I don't see anyone that makes me even remotely interested in seeing it. Wiig is ok, sometimes, but I'd honestly rather have seen the two chicks from Broad City than Wiig and McCarthy.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
^This nerd hates comedy obviously. Wiig is funny, that's it. McCarthy is unfunny garbage. Fat unfunny garbage. This is going to suck.
I think McCarthycanbe funny, but she's just been sort of stuck in this schtick of being loud, crass, and a personified series of fat jokes. Considering this started with Feig's Bridesmade movie and he used her the same way in The Heat, I'd be really surprised if he didn't want her to be the same character in Ghostbusters unfortunately.

Female Ghostbusters is one thing, but if Feig's plan is just to make female versions of the original characters, it just displays a fundamental lack of creativity on his part and shows how much of a mistake it was to give him this job. If someone is going to revive Ghostbusters, I'd prefer they take it in a completely different direction and not just do a retread of the previous movies. Giving the original characters a uterus and a pair of boobs and calling it a day just makes the movie nothing more than a 90 minute gimmick. Considering Feig cast the same racial make-up as the original cast makes me think this is his brilliant plan to revive the series.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Same racial make up? You mean one black person? Totally.

McCarthy's ad libbing is amazing and she does physical comedy really well. She also does confidence well.

Wiig is a great under dog, physical comedy, and ad libber as well.

McKinnon does good characters on SNL and if you don't like her Russian villager you're retarded.

Jones is new but will obviously be the no-nonsense "fuck this" type. Her time at SNL on weekend update pretty much exudes that.

It's a solid cast with all the right pieces. I think most of you nerds are butthurt Murray isn't in it being 1980s Murray. Let go. Besides an all female cast means a good male spot for an Annie Potts type character.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I feel it was more the other actresses (Bullock in The Heat and the ensemble as a whole in Bridesmaids) boosting the movies up that made McCarthy seem decent than any actual talent from McCarthy. Don't get me wrong, she's not terrible, but she's not that good either. And if I never, ever saw her in another movie ever again, I'd be completely fine with it.
I feel the same way about McCarthy. I think she does a great job when she's got someone else to work off of, but she's terribly unfunny when she has to carry the entire comedy load herself. For example, Tammy is pretty much her doing all the comedy, and it's an awful, unfunny movie. I think in an ensemble like this she'll be alright. I think Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones were decent picks. I'm probably one of the few people here who still watches SNL, but those two are two of the highlights of SNL nowadays.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think that is why no one liked Beverly Hills Ninja, Chris Farley couldn't handle it alone, always needed his side bro.