Ghostbusters (2016)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was very disappointed during the start of the film when the Ghostbusters weren't Ghostbusters. I had been watching the cartoon for years and I didn't like at all that they weren't heroes and weren't even in business. I didn't have the language to explain it when I was nine but I knew it just wasn't as good.

Loves me some Jackie Wilson though

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
GB1 was Horror with some comic elements.
GB2 was Comedy with some horror elements.

I prefer the Horror with light comedy, why I like The Cabin in the Woods. It fits into the same style as GB1.
GB2 fits with Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't think i can agree that PG-13 Ghostubsters 1984 was a horror movie more so than a comedy. Considering the cast being super famous comedians of the day.

Also,

Lets remake the ORIGINAL ghostbusters!!

Ghostbusters.jpg

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I don't think i can agree that PG-13 Ghostubsters 1984 was a horror movie more so than a comedy. Considering the cast being super famous comedians of the day.

Also,

Lets remake the ORIGINAL ghostbusters!!

Ghostbusters.jpg
So fucking much this! I miss those gosh darned ghostbunglers!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Saw franchise started off as a mystery movie with horror, then steered head first into horror-gore (and 3D!). Can't expect good writing to keep up for stories that don't rely on plot and drama for their audience draw.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I love some of the quotes in GB and clearly don't hate it as much as everyone else did.

Talk Show Producer: No respected psychic will come on this show. They all think you're a fraud.
Peter Venkman: I *am* a fraud

Dana: Okay, but after dinner, don't put any of those old cheap moves on me. It's different now.
Peter Venkman: Oh, no! I have all NEW cheap moves.

And I use this line a lot.
Janosz: Everything you are doing is bad. I want you to know this.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For not liking it very much as a kid I have come to like it just fine upon reevaluation years and years later. I feel the same about Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Freddy's Revenge. Didn't like it much at the time and then remembered it always as "the bad one." Now I think it is pretty good.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
the courtroom scene was my favorite part of the movie. ghost train was cool too, but nothing better than rick moranis telling the judge the ghostbusters helped him out when he was a dog.
I laughed out loud at "Give me a break, we're both lawyers!"

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Saw this movie and really thought it was great. I was thinking it was going to bomb originally, but now I predict it will do pretty good and spawn sequals.

Since I always thought ghostbusters was a best a mediocre movie, I don't have the same biases that a lot of the man-babies on here probably have.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Let the salt flow. This movie isn't good enough to be a major blockbuster, but I expect it'll net a few hundred million easy.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I give his thinly veiled trolling a 4/10.

My recent stay in the rr for disagreeing politically with dreagan has really opened my eyes. Why aren't we focusing on more important things, like all the middle easterners who die to western imperialism every day? There's absolutely nothing linking this to terrorism so far and you all are already pushing your agenda of genocide, hate and racism. You are all literally frothing at the mouth to spread your agenda of murder against all PoC like me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'll tell you how the movie is after I see it tomorrow night, but why bother. Some of you faggots don't even like MacGruber.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Isn't a "few hundred million" pretty rare for comedies? I don't pay that much attention to BO numbers.