Girls who broke your heart thread

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I"m confused, is this the chick you dated and she wanted time for weeks to think things over then you broke up, and we all criticized you for hanging on to every weekly text? Or is this someone else, and why do they have the same name on here? I"m honestly lost and I read every painfully long word of your posts.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Sorry, I"m not sure why it"s so confusing. Yes, same Anne that I dated back in April/May.

Brad2770

Eomer said:
I was laying in bed and got a powerful urge to text Anne, and it went from there.
I can tell you from experience, this is the WRONG fucking thing to do..... I have had my fair share of "powerful urges" and it fucked me over hard. It will NEVER happen again.

I know you dont really listen to me about stuff, but I really think you should just let it be. Seriously.

Brad2770

Dabamf said:
I"m confused, is this the chick you dated and she wanted time for weeks to think things over then you broke up, and we all criticized you for hanging on to every weekly text? Or is this someone else, and why do they have the same name on here? I"m honestly lost and I read every painfully long word of your posts.

Anna is some new girl with a very similar name, thats why he has Anne/Anna.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Ok, can you name the new one like Annabel or something so I don"t have to squint to see who you"re talkin about? heh, or just something else entirely since names being similar is irrelevant when you"re making the name up anyway

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Eomer said:
Sorry, I"m not sure why it"s so confusing. Yes, same Anne that I dated back in April/May.
Dude, you got that chick worrying what you think about her. You"re in the dominate position so you make the rules.

Just take it as she is really into you, apparently you"ve been coming off as very confident or she has some kind of anxiety about impressing you.

Either way you"re in so don"t over analyze and just have funzies.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Eomer said:
I was laying in bed and got a powerful urge to text Anne, and it went from there.
Been there, done that, next time reach for the Kleenex instead of the phone.

It will save you headache in the long run.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Tried fucking around with PoF, which is mostly fatties, pregnant chicks (as one horrible horrible date showed) and uber christians in my experience.

Signed up for okcupid, and the girls are so much more interesting and cute. Date next Wednesday.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
CabbitCabbit said:
Tried fucking around with PoF, which is mostly fatties, pregnant chicks (as one horrible horrible date showed) and uber christians in my experience.

Signed up for okcupid, and the girls are so much more interesting and cute. Date next Wednesday.
Really? I had decent luck in the Columbus area with PoF and terrible luck with OkCupid. In fact my current GF is from PoF. I"d steer clear of match.com in the area because the girls on there suck in this area.

I guess it depends on your area. I was looking more around the north east area. Like Hilliard / Polaris / Dublin / UA area.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Tenks said:
Really? I had decent luck in the Columbus area with PoF and terrible luck with OkCupid. In fact my current GF is from PoF. I"d steer clear of match.com in the area because the girls on there suck in this area.

I guess it depends on your area. I was looking more around the north east area. Like Hilliard / Polaris / Dublin / UA area.
I met up with two chicks from Reynoldsberg who just wanted to talk about how fucked up they get and their RN degrees, one of which I"m pretty sure has never read a book in her life.

The horror story was with a girl from here on campus that showed up for coffe/juice/bagels like 5-6 month"s pregnant, despite making no indication on her profile. She seemed nice, but was complimenting me on everything, asking about my stability, ect. Was like interviewing me for a job when she was obviously looking for a father for her kid. Invited me back to her place to watch a movie, but I declined, and explained why. She got huffy and left.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tyen said:
Dude, you got that chick worrying what you think about her. You"re in the dominate position so you make the rules.

Just take it as she is really into you, apparently you"ve been coming off as very confident or she has some kind of anxiety about impressing you.

Either way you"re in so don"t over analyze and just have funzies.
Yeah, I don"t know how sending her a text one night basically saying "hey we only dated for 2 months and it"s now 6 months later and I still can"t get over you" resulted in that, but that was kind of my take on it as well. I thought it was kind of amusing that when I didn"t respond a couple times within a minute or two, she"d send another text (her two at the start of what I posted, for example). All I did was try my best to say as little as possible and get her out in the open more after we had met for a drink. During the drink itself it was just a normal conversation between two people who had been close but hadn"t seen each other or talked in awhile, and I didn"t really make much attempt to flirt or initiate contact, so maybe she was put on her heels by that. I don"t know.

If anything it further confirmed my opinion that she"s somewhat of a headcase in terms of seeking others approval.

Brad2770

CabbitCabbit said:
I met up with two chicks from Reynoldsberg who just wanted to talk about how fucked up they get and their RN degrees, one of which I"m pretty sure has never read a book in her life.

The horror story was with a girl from here on campus that showed up for coffe/juice/bagels like 5-6 month"s pregnant, despite making no indication on her profile. She seemed nice, but was complimenting me on everything, asking about my stability, ect. Was like interviewing me for a job when she was obviously looking for a father for her kid. Invited me back to her place to watch a movie, but I declined, and explained why. She got huffy and left.
Thats pretty fucking classic.

Tenks

CabbitCabbit said:

Heh maybe you"re not weeding them out properly through emails. I got a ton of emails from random fatties and psychos on PoF but I just wouldn"t reply to them or via a few emails made the assumption they were flat out batshit insane.

I"d say of the 20 or so email conversations I had on PoF I only met 4 or so irl.

Brad2770

Eomer said:
Yeah, I don"t know how sending her a text one night basically saying "hey we only dated for 2 months and it"s now 6 months later and I still can"t get over you" resulted in that, but that was kind of my take on it as well. I thought it was kind of amusing that when I didn"t respond a couple times within a minute or two, she"d send another text (her two at the start of what I posted, for example). All I did was try my best to say as little as possible and get her out in the open more after we had met for a drink. During the drink itself it was just a normal conversation between two people who had been close but hadn"t seen each other or talked in awhile, and I didn"t really make much attempt to flirt or initiate contact, so maybe she was put on her heels by that. I don"t know.

If anything it further confirmed my opinion that she"s somewhat of a headcase in terms of seeking others approval.
Still a bad idea. Walk away, sir.

Tenks

Kinda have to give props to Eomer for following his heart and his "never say die" attitude towards it all. We"re just a small collection of people on the internet who don"t know him at all so what we say needs to be taken with a grain of salt generally.

Brad2770

Yeah, but in a very mild sense, he is repeating the almost same mistake I have. I have never been one to discourage people, but I really feel this is doomed to failure.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It might be, but I"ll find out. I"m not a hopeless romantic or anything, I don"t think she"s "the one" or some such bullshit. I just know that for whatever irrational reason some part of my subconscious has decided to stay stuck on her and she may reciprocate those feelings, so I"m going to find out.

In the meanwhile I"m setting up a date with Annabelle (happy?) for sometime early next week hopefully. And I just got the following email back from the friend I hooked up with back in December after I asked if she was around this weekend as I"m coming through town:

"Ja, I"m actually having a combined birthday party with three other girls at Ducky"s, should be a big crowd. Crazy Karaoke bar, lots of girls coming Carly is going to be in town to for the BDay party, and her, Julie and I were planning on going skiing on Saturday. I"ll call you later tonight."

So it"s not like I"m not hedging my bets at least a little!

Yeah, but in a very mild sense, he is repeating the almost same mistake I have. I have never been one to discourage people, but I really feel this is doomed to failure.
Weird, I don"t recall getting married. Or having a kid. Or getting divorced. Or having my ex-wife try to extort me for money because she can"t pay the bills, even though she got a new set of tits sometime in the past year or two. Or have a really, really messed up phobia about kissing people.

I say the above in good humor Brad, but really, let"s not try to compare our situations. I"m a single unattached guy that might get his feelings a bit hurt all over again by an ex-girlfriend. That"s a long ways away from where you"re at, any way you cut it.

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Weird, I don"t recall getting married. Or having a kid. Or getting divorced. Or having my ex-wife try to extort me for money because she can"t pay the bills, even though she got a new set of tits sometime in the past year or two. Or have a really, really messed up phobia about kissing people.

I say the above in good humor Brad, but really, let"s not try to compare our situations. I"m a single unattached guy that might get his feelings a bit hurt all over again by an ex-girlfriend. That"s a long ways away from where you"re at, any way you cut it.
Yeah, this. I still don"t recall the part where Eomer had a kid with a crazy chick. Anne seems nice, just remember to treat her like shit this time around.