Girls who broke your heart thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Brad2770 said:
The only thing I have done that remotely shows any interest on my part is asking her to the Museum back in Feb. and buy her coffee and brought it to class, but not sure if that is really me saying I am interested.
You sent an email, she politely denied and tried to let you down easy. You took that as encouragement, sent another email, and she again turned you down - this time with less than 10 words total. Then you bring her special coffee and donuts thinly masked as"hey I brought donuts for everyone", and she had to ask you to stop doing it. Personally I think that unless she drools and fingerpaints, you more than "remotely" showed interest and it"s possible she caught on.

Look, people basically told you that she didn"t sound interested and to ask her after semester was over, but it doesn"t seem like you have just been biding your time, it"s almost as though you"ve been obsessing over her. And honestly, I really think most people have a pretty hard time hiding feelings like that and I"d put even money down that she could have picked up on it. Added to the emails and donuts, /shrug.

And yes, yes you have been pursuing her more than she has pursued you. IMHO she hasn"t pursued you at all, if you believe the majority consensus that she may have been trying to let you down easy with her P.S.. Even if she was making an encouraging hint, you"ve been the instigator each and every time. Unless she is a clod she probably knows you are interested lol.

Sharmai said:
LoL I went to high school before WoW came out. Yes I am THAT old.
As did I, and I"d bet that most people here have as well. I went to high school before EQ came out...oh God I"m old.

Heavens_Myst said:
The Kegmasta hackin emu accounts???
Naw, that doesn"t sound like a Kegkilla thing, when I hear "p1999" and I think about shenanigans, I"m more likely to think of Tyen instead.

FUCK
OH GOD

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Erronius said:
As did I, and I"d bet that most people here have as well. I went to high school before EQ came out...oh God I"m old.
Even assuming someone who graduated in Spring of 2004 (before WoW came out still) they"d be, what, 24? If 24 is old then I"m fucking ancient.

Brad: Wait like 4-5 days, shoot her another email. Try to sound casual. If she says anything akin to "no" just let the subject drop, you"ll have done all you could without being too creepy.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awlbiste said:
Even assuming someone who graduated in Spring of 2004 (before WoW came out still) they"d be, what, 24? If 24 is old then I"m fucking ancient.

Brad: Wait like 4-5 days, shoot her another email. Try to sound casual. If she says anything akin to "no" just let the subject drop, you"ll have done all you could without being too creepy.
Sound advice. It would be much funnier if he over-pursued and posted the story to the forums, though, so ease up on the quality guidance...

Silver Knight of the Realm
Erronius said:
Look, people basically told you that she didn"t sound interested and to ask her after semester was over, but it doesn"t seem like you have just been biding your time, it"s almost as though you"ve been obsessing over her.
Bro.. Brad doesn"t take advice. He listens and then does the opposite. Except, surprisingly, when we all told him he was a fucking retard for wanting to live in his car. Man, that could have ended awesome.

Seths_foh

shitlord
How best would someone go about getting over being shy especially when trying to meet / hit on girls? Looks aren"t an issue, but I"ve always been shy around girls and usually just bide my time until the next hot one hits on me instead. I"d much rather break this pattern and become more extroverted.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
1) Realize that no girl is "the one" and there are TONS of cute/hot/interesting chicks out there, so being rejected by one, or even ten of them is completely meaningless

2) Initiate conversation and/or ask out as many chicks as possible, all the time. Just fucking talk to them, even if you don"t plan to ask them out right then.

dirtydorf_foh

shitlord
Go to your mall one day and just start by saying hi to everyone you see. Then work up to actually starting a short conversation with random people. Then transition that confidence into chatting up females.

Set yourself a goal and keep at it till you hit it.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
Heavens_Myst said:
What do I do if I don"t like talking to them or even care what they say?

Faking it is not an option.
You"re left with one option that doesn"t care what you say and will never talk back: