Girls who broke your heart thread

opiate82_foh

shitlord
Solariss said:
Now, moving forward. My friend recently had a horrible break-up with his girlfriend of 4 years. We"d been talking about Match.com and he joined up... I plan on firing up an account there tonight or tomorrow. He"s gonna come over and help me get set up... Any suggestions? Is Match good? I have a profile on plentyoffish but fuck that, I"ve never had success or saw anybody even worth talking to. Tried posting ads on Craigslist.. I talked to this girl from there for like 2 weeks before I realized she found another dude, yet still stayed happy talking to me. No idea how that happened, I guess I need more practice with online dating.
I can tell you this much, I have a female friend who used eHarmony to find her husband. She is attractive and well adjusted. She just got sick of the dating pool around here so that is why she was on a dating website. So normal ones do exist out there.

I also have two male friends who are both recently single and using dating websites. Both of them have landed several attractive girls through dating websites. However it always seems like there is either a but or butt with these girls (as in they had the crazy or had pictures using the angles on their profiles). So it can be frustrating wading through trying to find someone there.

My advice would be keep the initial dates simple, short and cheap, such as coffee. It seems like my friends always go all out on fancy dinners and what not then they feel invested and at the very least want some return on their investment even though they realize it"s probably a bad one. Keeps them from moving on.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Solariss said:
Now I"m sure she"s going to wonder fairly soon why I"m not texting her, and she"ll send me something. I"ll probably reply with something... with what, I don"t know yet. She may even ask why we haven"t hung out, who knows.I may even fucking cave and have her over one night.I will, however, keep you guys updated if you wish. I owe you that much for taking an interest. And let the flames roll on.... when it"s time
So, chances are, you"re going to ignore any and all advice given here. Good luck, man! I can"t wait to see the ensuing train wreck.

Solariss_foh

shitlord
Kirun said:
So, chances are, you"re going to ignore any and all advice given here. Good luck, man! I can"t wait to see the ensuing train wreck.
Nah dude, I"m saying that could happen in the future, and it was said in a joking manner as everyone else has said nobody follows advice here. Don"t think I will, until I come back and tell you I did!

Neero_foh

shitlord
Solariss... you brought a lurker out of his hole with that shit. Congrats!

I"ll ditto everything everyone else said, and I"m going to add one more thing. You know all that crap about first impressions? It matters so damn much with girls, and you just spent the last eight years making the ongoing first impression of being a needy, steamrolled bitch. No offense, of course, I"ve been there myself. But there"s no going back on that impression. That"s what she will forever see you as.

Cut her out of your life, entirely. When you do this, she"s going to run to you. Not because she has deep love-story-bullshit feelings for you, but because you just stripped away one of her feel-good safety nets and she won"t know what to do. When she tries to get you to meet for lunch, DO NOT GO. Have plans, ignore her, tell her you"re engaged, whatever, but do not go. If you go, you"ll end up "being together" and you"ll think everything is great, until you get settled and the previous eight years of Needy, Steamrolled Bitch Solariss re-surface in her head as the dominant impression of you and it"ll all go to shit, and you"ll have wasted even more of your life.

She is a sickness to your head, and you need to cut it out and let it die.

Solariss_foh

shitlord
Neero said:
Solariss... you brought a lurker out of his hole with that shit. Congrats!
I don"t know if that"s a good or bad thing!

Neero said:
I"ll ditto everything everyone else said, and I"m going to add one more thing. You know all that crap about first impressions? It matters so damn much with girls, and you just spent the last eight years making the ongoing first impression of being a needy, steamrolled bitch. No offense, of course, I"ve been there myself. But there"s no going back on that impression. That"s what she will forever see you as.

Cut her out of your life, entirely. When you do this, she"s going to run to you. Not because she has deep love-story-bullshit feelings for you, but because you just stripped away one of her feel-good safety nets and she won"t know what to do. When she tries to get you to meet for lunch, DO NOT GO. Have plans, ignore her, tell her you"re engaged, whatever, but do not go. If you go, you"ll end up "being together" and you"ll think everything is great, until you get settled and the previous eight years of Needy, Steamrolled Bitch Solariss re-surface in her head as the dominant impression of you and it"ll all go to shit, and you"ll have wasted even more of your life.

She is a sickness to your head, and you need to cut it out and let it die.
There is probably a lot of truth to what you say. I was never originally like this when we were actually dating. Not even close in any way. I didn"t give a fuck, so I figured that was her first impression. But maybe there were too many incidents between then and now that that has changed.

Evelys_foh

shitlord
Dudes, if your woman doesn"t usually have hangups about sex, has a relatively healthy body image, and hasn"t been abused, and always wants the lights off during sex, it means you need to lay the fuck off the donuts or come to grips with the fact your lady only gets off when she"s imagining someone else is fucking her.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Evelys said:
Dudes, if your woman doesn"t usually have hangups about sex, has a relatively healthy body image, and hasn"t been abused, and always wants the lights off during sex, it means you need to lay the fuck off the donuts or come to grips with the fact your lady only gets off when she"s imagining someone else is fucking her.
but... but.... clearly she must have deep seated emotional issues stemming from childhood sexual trauma.... it couldn"t simply be that simple.

Churchill_foh

shitlord
Aamina said:
I have tried that and I feel really good about it. I kinda wish she was fat, so I could tell everyone that she was.
If she isn"t fat, there is literally no reason why posting a silhouette of her in a public place with the face blocked should be an issue for you.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kirun said:
I know it isn"t the smart move, but I don"t know if I can blame him. Everyone learns the hard way at least once, right?

I"ve posted a very short version of my own "learning experience" in a different context, but out of deference to Sola, I"ll post a medium length version for everyone"s amusement. It"s much different than his, but I took a bunch of shit before I figured out what was going on. Spoiled for text length.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:When I finished college and moved to a new city, I didn"t have a lot of dating prospects. Probably because:
1) I worked for an engineering company, so not many ladies there and the few decent ones were hotly contested. I screwed up a few chances, but those are different stories. At least one I genuinely regret screwing up.
2) I was playing a shitload of Planes of Power (high five Sola)
3) The one friend-of-a-friend dating prospect I knew was bi (which I didn"t know at first) and she chose to date a girl instead of me
4) I"m not that inclined to meet new people

So after a long dating dry streak, I met a coworker"s friend at his party. We"ll fake name the coworker Jim and the girl Raging Cun... I mean Jane. Jane and I hit it off a bit, but I didn"t get her number. I felt dumb, I should have asked. A few weeks later, we coincidentally run into Jim and Jane downtown in a group. Jane is hammered, we chat some and I grow some balls and ask for her number. Apparently she was too drunk to recall it (lol), but told me to get it from Jim. Awkward. Probably a warning sign in retrospect. But I do anyway. Jim was engaged to his current wife, but didn"t bother to tell me at the time that Jane is a long term ex of his. That doesn"t really play into the story, except that it would have been nice of Jim to share some intel on her.

Jane and I go on several dates that seem to go well. We went to the same college undergrad, now she is finishing up law school. She always seems to have a full schedule, yet has plenty of time to talk on the phone (I hate talking on the phone). She calls me mostly to talk about herself for at least an hour a night, though she was "too busy" to hang out. I point out I could have driven down to her place, hung out for an hour, then gone home. She insists its somehow different talking on the phone. I notice selfish patterns in her behavior, how schedules revolve around her, phone conversations revolve around her, group conversations she joins become about her, etc. I look past it, assuming she"s busy and stressed from finishing up law school.

We both go to a party at Jim"s vacation house, but drove separately due to scheduling. She almost seems wary I am there, though we were both very aware the other would be there. We are not "official", yet if you are at a party with someone you are actively dating, one might expect you"d spend a lot of time with them. She proceeded to flirt with a bunch of other friends, some of whom looked very uncomfortable about it (it was known in the group we were dating). At the end of the night, she said she was "going to her room to sleep". The next day, she acted very weird. Couldn"t put my finger on it, but it was very strange. Kind of shell-shocked. I mistook it for a hang-over.

A few weeks (and numerous tiresome phone calls) later, I start picking up some interesting information. She"s dated a shitload of Jim"s friends after dating Jim. As I talk to them, it becomes clear it has gone VERY poorly every time.

More importantly, she tells me the night of the vacation house party, she had drunkenly staggered to the back room and demanded bed space from Jim"s roommate. Most guests were crashing on couches and such, there were only a couple of beds. According to her, they had drunk sex against her wishes. I eventually got both sides of the story and it seems it only became "against her wishes" when she woke up and realized how bad it made her look. The roommate was an ex, of course. She had gone off "to her room" happy and self-aware. If she was blackout drunk, I definitely could not tell. I would be shocked if it was anything more than morning-after regret.

At that point, I checked out of the relationship mentally. I did as little as possible to maintain it. I put on the cell headset & played games while she talked about herself on the phone. I was only "available" if I thought it might lead to something afterwards, etc. We did hook up a few times. It was pretty subpar, but I"d only had one other random fling during the dry streak, so I was content to accept blah at the time.

After a while, I got tired of the arrangement, as it was very unfulfilling listening to her talk about herself for an hour or more a night just to occasionally have a mediocre hook-up. I forget exactly what triggered it, but something she said irked me and I gave her the business about it. This made her very upset and she decided we needed to break up. She was already in the process of moving out of town at this point to her post-law school job (it wasn"t that far away, just enough to be somewhat inconvenient), so my response to "let"s break up" was "ok, no problem". This confused her GREATLY. I guess she thought I was really into it. I think she tried rekindling it a few times, but I stopped answering the phone after the first attempt. I saw her a few times at various things Jim hosted, including his wedding. It was pretty awkward.

The big payoff came a few years later. A number of my friends went to a party Jim had while I was out of town and Jane shows up with a fiance she met away from the normal group of friends. Apparently, she hadn"t been back for a party in a while. My friends tell me she got wasted, flirted hard with a bunch of the guys (like always) and kept asking about me WAY too longingly in front of her fiance. He was very displeased. They also said she put on some serious weight.

So the story ends with her fat and making some other dude"s life miserable. Haven"t seen her in years now (thankfully), though I still hang out with Jim some.

Solariss said:
I will, however, keep you guys updated if you wish. I owe you that much for taking an interest.
Nah, you don"t owe us anything, but, if she notices you"re ignoring her and comes at you and you cave, then update us with tits. She seems the type of girl to give them up, and everybody likes a little bit of "thanks for reading my really long fucking posts" tits to brighten their day.

Match.com
Is expensive, no? Try out Okcupid.com. It"s free, and if nothing else all the tests/quizzes are pretty fun.

...I guess I need more practice with online dating.
Stay away from online dating. What you should be doing online is ice breaking. Forming the relationship online is a danger zone. Just like it"s not too horribly bad to meet a chick in a bar, but if your dates are then only ever going to be bar, it"s probably bad.

If you"re chatting up a chick, after a few messages and feeling out the waters enough to think she"s not crazy or actually a dude, suggest meeting somewhere (whether for a date or just casual get-to-know-you depends on the chick). Don"t let online communication go on for weeks and shit, though, as you"ll be e-friend-zoned.

Evelys said:
You know women have eyelids, right, and are able to close them?

So, basically, nice try, but I"m pretty sure if a chick wants the lights off to a paranoid extent it means she"s not actually the things you say, otherwise she wouldn"t want the lights off all the time.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
popsicledeath said:

So, basically, nice try, but I"m pretty sure if a chick wants the lights off to a paranoid extent it means she"s not actually the things you say, otherwise she wouldn"t want the lights off all the time.
... I really don"t know how to respond to this except that you"re dumb.

ToeMissile said:
... I really don"t know how to respond to this except that you"re dumb.
Wait, so what you"re saying is you think it"s probable a woman who doesn"t usually have hangups about sex and has a relatively healthy body image will "always" want the lights off during sex? And you think it"s most likely because she thinks the guy is fat or is imagining other men?

Like I said, it was a valient effort at making a fat joke, but makes no fucking sense.

Let"s break this down.

First, if she thinks you"re fat, then she can surely FEEL your fat ass humping awkwardly on top of her and turning the lights off is certainly not going to make your fat ass feel any lighter. I won"t got into the "science" of how men, not women, are primarily visually driven, which is probably the root mistake made in the joke, as dumb guys assume women are also visually driven sexually, so make jokes under that false presumption.

And secondly, if she needs to imagine other men to get off, then you don"t think she could do that with the lights on? By closing her fucking eyes? Or does you being able to see her somehow fuck up her being able to close her eyes and image someone else? Will turning the lights off make your fat, sweaty grunts SOUND different? Are fat-asses lighter in the dark, neck-beards less scratchy?!

So, yeah, I get it, internet faggotry is only as good as someone"s efforts to make a fat or your-girl-doesn"t-want-you joke. The problem is, despite a lot of effort, the joke wasn"t funny because it made no fucking rational sense.

I won"t even get into big words like the fucking paradox that is created by trying to imagine a women who ALWAYS wants the lights off but doesn"t usually have sexual hangups and has a relatively healthy body image. It"s self-defeating. She either ALWAYS wants the lights off because there"s something motivating that (that makes any shred of sense), or she doesn"t ALWAYS want the lights off. Because a woman without sexual hangups and with a healthy body image won"t give a shit if the lights are on. And if she simply prefers them off, then it wouldn"t be an ALWAYS (or else) situation, it would be a compromise, sometimes on, sometimes off, no big deal, give and take.

But yeah, sorry, should have just slapped high fives because some idiot tried to make a fat joke on the internet. Look, I love a good joke at the expense of random internet strangers as much as the next random internet stranger, but sometimes the setup/premise is just too fucking idiotic to get over long enough to laugh.

Lay off the donuts!!!!! She"s probably just turning the lights off to imagine some other guy!!!!!! GOOD ONES! Looks like we"ve got a regular Dane Mencia over here, fellas!

And yes, before you think you"re clever, this post makes me confirmed fat.

Evelys_foh

shitlord
popsicledeath said:

I have eyelids? NO SHIT?!

Mind = blown.

wtfman.jpg

azum_foh

shitlord
alright folks, I"ve got some fresh meat.

Been single for about three years. Actually very attractive (probably take it too much to the head) and doing well. Graduating this May with a 3.5+ gpa in computer science from a big ten school; have a 66k:annual job lined up. I spend a lot of time in solitude, mostly because I had problems with alcohol/drugs growing up and most of the folks I get along with happen to be into that kinda thing. I avoid it. Worth mentioning, I"m pretty introverted, and I do enjoy my solitude.

I won"t delve into details about the three year dry streak. It"s sufficient to say that I"ve been more or less totally self-absorbed. Had options but none were very attractive. On a personal level, I feel I"ve reached a point where I can offer something. I"m a very personal person, if you know what I mean, and I could probably share a smirk with Aamina. In many ways I"m calloused but still a bit obsessive. I"ve finally let go of my previous relationship.

So, yeah. First off: a concern. Now that I"m going to be making some pretty good money, I"m worried I won"t be able to find the same quality of relationship that I would have in college, where everything is indeterminate. Y"know? My mom retired early and my dad makes half a million dollars a year (aka she doesn"t do shit but spend a ton of money); they"re barely happy, and it"s very important to me that I avoid that compromise. Console me kthx. Hold on- is it ironic that "console" the verb = console the gaming system? mind blown.

So I"m attracted to a girl in one of my classes. Noticing she rides the same bus home, I made up an excuse (dropping off leisure reading) to walk with her to the stop she takes (which is the library; logistically less than ideal) and we"ve gotten a bit closer. Recently she"s been driving me home, parking illegaly (!!) at a nearby shopping center. Fuckin own, finally advanced on a classroom affinity. I expected her to be pretty bookish and reserved, but it turns out she"s a wild card. I mean, she shoplifts. That"s some pretty renegade shit, right? Had an empty 18pack miller lite in her backseat. Fuck me, but I"m attracted to the aggressive type.

Moving forward, I have some tentative plans. I don"t know what I should aim at, though- should I try and go as far as I can in the two months I have left, or should I just flirt around for practice? Obviously she"s not wife material (I"m old enough(24)/sentimental enough that this is an important consideration). I"m damn close to asking her about the weekend but I can"t totally read it. Her body language has been rather exhibitionist. I mean, she apparently reads that I"m sexually interested. Damn, so much for intuition. Beauty is that it"s set up so that I could ask and blow it all off without consequence. I donno, what seems like an appropriate proposition? Fack.