Good night sweet Prince

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I guess we'll see if the rumors of him having multiple unreleased fully produced albums and more than 50 never seen before music videos hidden away in a vault are true or not.
Someone looked into this just last year. It seems certain that there is a vault of his "unreleased" music, and there's a vast amount of it, so there's going to be a lot of material coming out assuming there's no legal wrangles with his estate. It's also clear, however, that he didn't keep this stuff under tight control and may even have deliberately leaked some of it, which is where much of the bootleg material came from, so if you're a fan there's a chance you've already heard at least some of what's in the vault.

Susan Rogers, Prince?s former sound engineer, tells me the vault predates the superstar status Prince attained with the movie Purple Rain in 1984. ?I started the vault!? she says. ?I joined Prince in 1983 when he was preparing to do Purple Rain. I realised it would be smart for me to get his tapes together in one place. I was aware there were a lot of pieces missing. It became an obsession. I wanted us to have everything he?d ever recorded. I called up the studios he?d been using and said: ?Have you got any Prince tapes?? This is his legacy. We need to protect these things. It?s an actual bank vault, with a thick door. It?s in the basement of Paisley Park. When I left in 87, it was nearly full. Row after row of everything we?d done. I can?t imagine what they?ve done since then.?
I would hide 4 U: what's in Prince's secret vault? | Music | The Guardian

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Apparently everyone on my Facebook were super lifelong fans and his music changed their lives
Haha! I noticed this too. No one gave the dude the time of day and all of a sudden they are all hoping for purple rain to come down so they can soak in their heartache. I haven't seen this much grandstanding since Rescorla was plugging TESO.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is there any real evidence of this? I guess I'm not seeing the connection.
Either AIDS or Heroin overdose. You don't stop a flight 40 minutes from home because someone has the "Flu" and then they are released 3 hours later to fly home. What most likely happened was he had to get a shot of Narcan because he was foaming at the mouth or something, got back on the plane, and then OD'd again. But if he really did have the flu for 3 weeks, AIDS sounds like a sure bet.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Is there any real evidence of this? I guess I'm not seeing the connection.
Because people like to assume he was a devout religious person who rejected to use of modern medicine but who also happened to embrace private jets, hot chicks, and oh yeah...autopsies which no Jahova Witness has ever allowed without a court battle despite their inability to count beyond 6 figures.

People are assuming way too much.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Because people like to assume he was a devout religious person who rejected to use of modern medicine but who also happened to embrace private jets, hot chicks, and oh yeah...autopsies which no Jahova Witness has ever allowed without a court battle despite their inability to count beyond 6 figures.

People are assuming way too much.
Well dude, it is quite frankly one or the other. He either had AIDS and stopped taking his medication, or he died of a drug overdose. We'll find out soon enough. Either way, the guy was a prick. I wouldn't wish death on anyone. With that said we are talking about a guy that if you were in Paisley, and he was going to come into the room, you had to form a line and look down to make sure you didn't look Prince in the eyes because he didn't like that - and you had to keep your head bowed until the "Magestic" one had passed you by. This dude was so full of himself it was ridiculous. People should start mourning people that fucking matter in life that had good hearts and souls instead of drugged out fucking music people who treated the majority of others as sub-human.

Wtf is wrong with this stupid ass society.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was good from NFL about his halftime performance.

The halftime show was the best one. You can't get any more epic than singing Purple Rain in the damn rain in front of millions of people.

I normally don't get caught up in celebrity deaths, but this one feels different. I grew up with his music, I practically know every single track on purple rain word for word. Even if you were never into his music, you can't argue the musical genius that he was.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The halftime show was the best one. You can't get any more epic than singing Purple Rain in the damn rain in front of millions of people.

I normally don't get caught up in celebrity deaths, but this one feels different. I grew up with his music, I practically know every single track on purple rain word for word. Even if you were never into his music, you can't argue the musical genius that he was.
Yes I can. I thought his music sucked aside from a few songs that would pop on the radio while I was mowing my lawn when I was 10. 95% of the stuff that I would ever hear would make me wonder if their was a fucking vampire close by. Billy Joel is a musical genius. Christ, a song came on the radio (Because that's all their playing in Minnesota right now is Prince) and it made my ears fucking bleed.

This guy is so blown out of proportion right now it's fucking ridiculous.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
A bridge too far, sir.
Now THAT is some music I can get behind. Now Billy Joel can and is a raging prick a lot of the times too. But at least he admits it
smile.png
Prince just masqueraded around pretending, and now social media is spinning up the usual bullshit of farces to make him better than he was. I just saw a video where they credited him for writing Stand Back from Stevie Knicks for fucks sake. The dude played the synthesizer in the song. He didn't write the song. It's fucking out of control right now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Prince was batshit as a fucking lobster on meth, for sure. Kevin Smith's story about doing a documentary for Prince that wound up in his vault is worth listening to some time.

This might be the video of the story, been awhile since I've seen it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
A lot of that stuff is meh, the one that hurts is the guitar getting broken
Yeah I didn't read the others. Still, the guy was an ass. He goes around preaching Love and Respect and the next minute he does that to some poor musician who did him a favor by letting him use the guitar anyway. But this is the guy people are now idolizing on social media and in the streets. The day mankind starts looking past this and making up phony hollywood bullshit to cover the real truth of someone who did nothing for humanity that actually * mattered *, which is pretty much today and yesterday, an Asteroid needs to come wipe out the planet and do the universe a favor.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Well dude, it is quite frankly one or the other. He either had AIDS and stopped taking his medication, or he died of a drug overdose. We'll find out soon enough.
Yeah.... I was way off. Heroin overdose. Gee I didn't see that coming with my talks of hypocrisy and his neverending party life.

My only point is that he wasn't religious no matter what anyone says.

It was the exact same bullshit with Obama. First he's a religious nutjob who belongs to a Megachurch, but wait...he's actually a secret Muslim! Rather than just go with the obvious that he has an IQ over 120 and doesn't believe any of this bullshit except for political expediency. Fucks sake, religion is a beard for 99%. The other 1% are too busy being crazy to be functional. Same way you guys saw a small girly looking dude, but ignored the MASSIVE line of chicks he's been banging since the late 80s, and not noticed that a single guy has ever come forward to say I was buttfucked by Prince. He obviously loved snatch. But stereotypes are the easiest way to define things and rationalize.

Vin Diesel more likely is gay than Prince. Prince likely died of a long life of partying no matter what the final line says.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah.... I was way off. Heroin overdose. Gee I didn't see that coming with my talks of hypocrisy and his neverending party life.

My only point is that he wasn't religious no matter what anyone says.

It was the exact same bullshit with Obama. First he's a religious nutjob who belongs to a Megachurch, but wait...he's actually a secret Muslim! Rather than just go with the obvious that he has an IQ over 120 and doesn't believe any of this bullshit except for political expediency. Fucks sake, religion is a beard for 99%. The other 1% are too busy being crazy to be functional. Same way you guys saw a small girly looking dude, but ignored the MASSIVE line of chicks he's been banging since the late 80s, and not noticed that a single guy has ever come forward to say I was buttfucked by Prince. He obviously loved snatch. But stereotypes are the easiest way to define things and rationalize.

Vin Diesel more likely is gay than Prince. Prince likely died of a long life of partying no matter what the final line says.
Where is the gay stuff coming from? I might've missed it. Unless you're equating his AIDS with being gay

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
lol @ Billy Joel being a musical genius

Dude's career was totally based on sounding almost exactly like Paul McCartney in the early years. Don't get me wrong, I dig Billy Joel a bit. And, personally, I may even like his material more than Prince (because the Beatles are fucking great and I'm down for a knock off) but Prince was definitely higher on the talent scale.