Good night sweet Prince

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Prince was batshit as a fucking lobster on meth, for sure. Kevin Smith's story about doing a documentary for Prince that wound up in his vault is worth listening to some time.

This might be the video of the story, been awhile since I've seen it.

Thank you for this. What a laugh.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Billy looks like the type of guy you'd find beaten up in an alley behind a gay bar, his fans do too though so I guess it is fitting

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I imagine if we were around during the renaissance, we would be saying shit like "Holy Fuck, Michelangelo is a fucking asshole". Because, well, he was. That doesn't mean he wasn't brilliant.

Prince was without a doubt one the most musically talented people of our generation. Its not even a debate.

Now, preface, I'm not religious at all, but I can appreciate the depth of sentiment that Michelangelo put into the Pieta. Its the empathy that it conveys that makes it so moving. What I never realized until last couple days is that "I Would Die 4 U" is a deeply religious song. Its about the Trinity.
(God)
I'm not a woman
I'm not a man
I am something that you'll never understand
I'll never beat you
I'll never lie
And if you're evil I'll forgive you by and by
'Cause you, I would die for you, yeah
Darling if you want me to
You, I would die for you
(Jesus)
I'm not your lover
I'm not your friend
I am something that you'll never comprehend
No need to worry
No need to cry
I'm your messiah and you're the reason why
'Cause you, I would die for you, yeah
Darling if you want me to
You, I would die for you
(Holy Spirit)
You're just a sinner I am told
Be your fire when you're cold
Make you happy when you're sad
Make you good when you are bad
I'm not a human
I am a dove
I'm your conscious
I am love
All I really need is to know that
You believe
There is a brilliance in that. Everybody just thinks its a dance song and about love between two people. What Prince did is he perfectly conveyed his idea of gods love and intertwined it so perfectly that nobody notices it until they really look at it. So for decades people have been dancing with total joy to Prince telling people that God loves them so much he would die for them without being preachy or beating them over the head with it, something deeper than what everyone assumed it was about in a lot of ways. Kinda like Caravaggio, another asshole. But its still awesome and beautiful and wonderful.

BTW..

hate_billy_joel.jpg

I only hate the Grateful Dead more than that waste of recording space. Well, maybe the Red Hot Chili Peppers...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Billy Joel is kinda shit, but fucking hell I love you sometimes, Ut. Top notch.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't hate on Billy Joel. Yeah he's not on Prince's level but he's a good artist. Everyone will admit that but he's one of the greats just not one of the greatests where Prince resides. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame shits on itself for naming a top tier artist like Prince(is Prince even in the RNR HoF?) and a lower tier one like Billy. I blame the RNR HoF than I would Billy. The RNR HoF is such a shame naming people to the HoF. It's such a joke sadly and a shame.

iannis

Musty Nester
The only funny part is that when they were calling the ambulance, no one had any idea of where they were.

Like what the address was. It took them five minutes to find a piece of mail.

I wonder how many times they told the dispatcher, "IITS FUCKING PRINCES HOUSE MAN"

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't hate on Billy Joel. Yeah he's not on Prince's level but he's a good artist. Everyone will admit that but he's one of the greats just not one of the greatests where Prince resides. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame shits on itself for naming a top tier artist like Prince(is Prince even in the RNR HoF?) and a lower tier one like Billy. I blame the RNR HoF than I would Billy. The RNR HoF is such a shame naming people to the HoF. It's such a joke sadly and a shame.
Yea Prince is in the HoF. It's funny how you only find out shit about people until they die. I didn't know (or just forgot) that Prince had the balls to reject Michael Jackson to sing on a title track for his next album after Thriller.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've determined that Prince was a sacrifice to keep GRRM alive another year.

Everything comes at a cost. Blood for blood.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just watched Purple Rain this weekend. I loved Prince when I was a teenager, and loved the movie.

Purple Rain is such an amazing album.

Damn Appolonia was fine, no talent as an actress or singer...but damn fine looking woman.
smile.png

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I love when do nothing fuckwads like Ut, come swooping in to shit on an artist, let alone Prince. What the fuck have you done artistically, aside from your tiresome video game crusades?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I love when do nothing fuckwads like Ut, come swooping in to shit on an artist, let alone Prince. What the fuck have you done artistically, aside from your tiresome video game crusades?
Well Ut didn't die from a drug overdose so he's got that going for him. I find some of his rants autistic. Oh, you meant artistic. NM