Google Ingress

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Waiting for the story of the tragic gang fights touched off by opposing Ingres players trying to take the same portal at the same time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
At first this sounded kinda dumb, but after looking at the gameplay elements it sounds primitive but cool. I think there's huge potential for this type of game.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
The some of the regular dudes on Com in my area are really really into this - they will drive for miles just to take down someone's shit.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks to the invite I have been trying this game out over the past day or so. It is intriguing but is better suited for climates that are not winter in Minnesota. This will be a blast in the spring / summer and hopping on a bike in the metro area.

I joined the Enlightened as they seem to be the underdogs pretty heavily in my area. Almost the entirety of Minneapolis is Resistance controlled with a few patches of Enlightened portals. I am making a habit of being in the game on my phone when I drive to collect XM so I am full wherever I may go. Also pursing the not so safe route of drive by hacking portals if I come close enough to them on residential roads / stop lights.

Leveling seems challenging when starting out solo, not able to do a significant amount of damage to most of the portals in my area. I was fortunate enough to come across a Enlightened portal in Minneapolis today that wasn't fully allocated with resonators so I could actually contribute something.

Outside of that I am just hacking everything in site. When I first got started I just drove around where I live to find some portals and play around. They aren't in great abundance but they were on my way home. I walked around for 15 minutes in Minneapolis today and just hacked a bunch of portals around a data center I was visiting. Seem to net some L1 / 2 resonators and XMP bursts and a bar of AP.

refyc_sl

shitlord
Being the underdog might suck for the first few levels but is great from then on. You can usually cherry pick the most attractive field hubs, while the enemy is eager to rebuild and relink quickly again.

ubiquitrips

Report Two from my first dedicated mission into Minneapolis. Yesterday evening I was fortunate enough to catch The Book of Mormon at the Orpheum and on my way there I scoped out a few areas that looked weak enough that I might be able to destroy a resonator or two. I ended up walking for multiple miles this morning around Minneapolis following portal to portal.

The best find of the day was 5 unclaimed portals around the Guthrie Theater. Not sure if folks get down to that area, but they were grey and I was able to get a couple of thousand AP from bringing them online with L1 Resonators and linking them where I could. I managed to create a tiny control field (+1) with the resources I found, that control field nets 1250 AP itself.

A majority of the trip was walking the downtown area and hacking as many Portals as I could find. Not sure if it is a bug or intentional but if you hack a portal multiple times in rapid succession you can get upwards of 3 hacks (super rarely, 2 is more common) on a single portal.

On my way out of town I spotted a weak L4 portal and spent 10 minutes blowing XMP bursts to destroy its resonators and then I built up the strongest Portal I could. No doubt it will be demolished, but at this point I am just shooting for as much AP as possible to get mid level 4-5 and feel useful.

This trip took me from around 4k AP to 24k AP in 2 hours. So I am now level 2 and 6k away from level 3. On the bright side, this is probably the most exercise I have had in the past year.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I signed up on a few e-mails hoping for a key. Also looking for an invite to this. Will share stories / pics

ubiquitrips

I was able to hit level 3 last night just barely. While my experience / fortune of getting from 4k - 24k AP was a really fun experience, getting the last 6k to level 3 was monotonous and annoying. Basically, a team of level 6 - 8 Resistance took control of my general stomping grounds around Fridley where I work. Previously it had been a smattering of blue / green portals and I was envisioning when I would be able to consider taking them down. That all went out the window as most portals are fully charged and level 6.

The other experience that sucked was finally building up a stock of L1 / L2 XMP bursts and trying to poach a portal that is by my house in Blaine. It was an L5 portal that the owner had not been maintaining and I wanted to disrupt the control field / links. I figured I stocked up enough, boy was I overestimating the power of my XMP bursters. I burned through my entire stock of L1 / L2 XMP bursts (around 30) and only destroyed 3 resonators and didn't get the rest to critical so the control field stayed active. This is problematic because it sent an email to the owner letting him know what I did and the next day he had fully reinforced / recharged the portal. Live and learn I guess, if I would have waited a day or two it may have decayed to the point where I could have taken all of them down.

My current active plan is to continue hacking portals in a pattern around my work and building up tons of supplies. I am then going to use the ingress intel map to try and isolate portals that can be poached to try and build some AP. The thought of level 3 - 4 being more AP than 1 - 3 is somewhat depressing if the majority of the time will be spent hacking portals rather than strengthening / destroying them.

I was also kind of hoping to get some invites from leveling up to spread around, but the count still remains at 0 available.

refyc_sl

shitlord
Another tip I have for you, is to zoom all the way in until even unclaimed portals are shown, then hit ctrl-minus some times. This allows you to quickly check a large area for unclaimed portals.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a couple more. Tarrant & Friday PM an email to invite to if you havent gotten one yet. If they got invites already I will have a couple open for others.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tarrant & Friday, you have 24 hours to PM me an address. After that invites go to next posters.