Google Ingress

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Another quick update around progress. I am still level 3 but approximately 3k AP from level 4. I had a really good run in Minneapolis. I was able to find a couple of unclaimed portals and take down a couple fading portals. The strategy of using the week to gather supplies and then targeting low power portals during the weekend worked really well. Still have to burn through quite a few XMPs to bring portals down but it is progress.

MVP of that session is this:New Trent iTorch

Was able to walk Minneapolis for 8 miles and never dropped the battery on my phone. Still had a bit of a charge on the iTorch as well. Overall it was probably a 3 hour trip, once again, more exercise than usual.

I am aiming to hit level 4 in the next couple of days. Should be able to contribute a bit more to Enlightened at that point. There seems to either be an influx of new Enlightened or returning of idle folks over the past week or so. It's not like Enlightened are taking over or anything but I am seeing quite a few more green portals around than I was used to.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got 2 more invites if people are looking. PM me an email to send it to.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just got an extra invite to Ingress. Anyone need them?

edit: Sorry, I actually got two extra invites. ;p

edit 2: Make that 4 extra invites (yay for all my emails). lol

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I just got in yesterday and this is pretty fun. Only spent an hour or so walking around town hacking portals where I could, but there are 10 within a 20 minute walk of where I live. I think I'll be taking regular walks before and after work now.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm going to crash my car into something because of this game. I need to just shut my phone off...

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I almost did that the other day =\

I am pretty much the lord and master of the county I live in though!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
There is some dude named KingOfNerds in my area who owns everything. I'm resistance and he's enlightened. Trying to bring his shit down is pretty much an impossible task for me alone.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just go meta on him. Can't break his portals in the game? Camp out one of his frequent portals and take his phone when he shows up!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Hah, I thought it was pretty bad with one person in my area owning everything, but he's resistance while I'm enlightened. At least that way I could hack portals for AP. Now some enlightened guy came through and took everything over, so I no longer get AP for hacking because the portals are all friendly. Thankfully there were some leftover portals that he couldn't take but he beat up enough that I could break up and set up my puny level 1 resonators.

I just hit level 2 on my way to work today when I found an unclaimed portal so I pulled over and set up shop. I can see another unclaimed portal from work so hopefully when I get out of here in a few hours I can take that one as well.

The update looks pretty good. They've added a way for people to suggest portal locations, add new photos and info for existing portal locations, smooth out location acquisition and some unnamed bug fixes.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Soooo.... after going through that initial tutorial and doing a bit of driving around while running errands and checking the phone this is how I feel.

Also how the fuck do you keep the screen from going off while the game is open, that is driving me NUTS.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Set your phone to keep its screen on longer or touch the screen to keep it from sleeping. Unfortunately, it doesn't keep it open like GPS Nav software.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ok, I just started playing this and have been loving it for the past week.

I have a good mix in my area so there is some decent back and forth.