GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
http://i.imgur.com/HOxXgng.jpg
wow amazing. Any more in that style?
2975ea3f4c567d74f930fcf80082423b.jpg

Other pic in his album looks different and not as awesome.

http://fatherstone.deviantart.com/ga...f-Ice-And-Fire

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sean Bean probably doesn't know shit about whether Eddard is Jon Snow's dad. It's not even written yet.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well yeah but that isn't my question
wink.png
I just can't remember if after all the seasons so far if TV viewers have been shown any doubt or seeds.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Would it really make a difference politically if Rhaegar is Jon's dad at this point anyway? Nights watch sworn, dead and resurrected by a red priestess Jon Snow who has been Ned Stark's bastard all his life? All the smallfolk are supposed to rally around him as the true king?

I get that he could be the Price who was Promised, but whats that even mean? Same question as above, really. Its all legendary hand-waving that isn't going to change the politics of Westeros.

Someone would also have to prove and have it believed that Rhaegar married Lyanna before the birth (or even conception? Are the rules made clear anywhere?) or he's a Targaryen bastard instead of a Stark bastard. Neither of which has a claim to any thrones.

One of the oldest and most cherished theories out there, I think...but I agree that there might be too much pandering fan service required to actually make it happen.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
For one thing, Jon's death technically frees him from his nights watch vows.
That works for an internet nerd haha-gotcha type of thing, but politically it would be easy to say he swore a vow and people would buy it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would it really make a difference politically if Rhaegar is Jon's dad at this point anyway? Nights watch sworn, dead and resurrected by a red priestess Jon Snow who has been Ned Stark's bastard all his life? All the smallfolk are supposed to rally around him as the true king?

I get that he could be the Price who was Promised, but whats that even mean? Same question as above, really. Its all legendary hand-waving that isn't going to change the politics of Westeros.
Politically the field is uneven enough that anything can happen with very little challenge. But I think the important thing is that if Jon Snow is a Targaryen it means he's riding dragons by the end of the series.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
don't mind astrocreep, he only read the wiki on each book.
yeah totally.

@agraza
i never said that stannis did not offer that, i brought it up as a reminder that jon snow knows he has a clear path for his namesake. though he probably does not trust stannis or the red woman. not to give the brikkers fuel, but did stannis himself offer jon the stark title or did mel offer it on behalf of stannis, but stannis was not there when she offered it? that part i dont remember.

spronk

FPS noob
dammit i dont want to wait a fucking year
frown.png

perfect winter vacation plan: rewatch Wire, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones

Ganthorn

N00b
But I think the important thing is that if Jon Snow is a Targaryen it means he's riding dragons by the end of the series.
This is really the more important part I think. The dragon is supposed to have three heads. I assumed Daeny rides one dragon, jon rides another and then the 3rd is up in the air. I don't know if the long lost targ is real or BS or if he will just die or what. I think it needs to be Tyrion even if he doesn't have any targ blood because it would be awesome lol.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Politically the field is uneven enough that anything can happen with very little challenge. But I think the important thing is that if Jon Snow is a Targaryen it means he's riding dragons by the end of the series.
He's already proven he's not immune to fire. Whether he's a targ or not he can't ride the dragons. I'm making an assumption there - that you'd need to be immune to fire or burning to be able to ride them. I'm just guessing that with fire and shit flying everywhere a normal person would get burned.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
didn't jon snow get stabbed to death? I mean it'd be pretty sweet to imagine ghost riding around on a dragon, but pretty sure that shit aint happening.