GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Greatest travesty is no Strong Belwas. How will the show go on without a giant African man who shits crickets. Dude was #1 character.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
sorry I didn't mean to pick a tv show fight. I'm sure there are better shows that GoT out there, my only point was that criticizing something in a show is not saying it's bad.
NO, ARGUE WITH ME DAMN YOU.

PS. I think the unsullied should look like greek soldiers as well. I hate their little "shredder" helmets.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can literally name at least 5 shows all better written, acted, and composed than GOT. I won't bother though, this is the "PRAISE GOT" thread - not the "this show is great, but there are areas it could improve on" thread. Whats funny is I don't recall anyone nitpicking truly great shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, or Deadwood. Got, interesting?
How is this the praise GoT thread when people have spent the past 4 pages bitching about some of the stupidest shit?

I can think of MAYBE 4 episodes last season that got consistent praise from this community. One of them was the Battle of Blackwater episode and all people did was ooh and aah about the special effects.

Like I said a few posts earlier, there is nothing left to do except nitpick some of this shit so it doesn't really bother me. If you really want to discuss whether or not Barristan Selmy is the best fighter in the land you're probably better off doing it in the book thread.

also: What Tuco said.

I find it next to impossible to really evaluate the tv-show on it's own merits having read the books. Constantly having the books in the back of my mind I just try to enjoy having this shit brought on screen and occasionally pull my grumpy cat impression when I think the show is doing injustice to something.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It isn't as if the show gives us every hedge knight in the lands and describes them as the best fighters ever. The show focuses on the top tier, most famous people. Barristan and Jamie are world famous for their skills. The Mountain in like 7 feet tall and full of rage and running Tywin's entire Riverlands "campaign." Drogo was Drogo. Ned has a lifetime of battle experience. Robert was the Mountain of his day. I mean, come on. These guys are the top of the food chain in every way, we aren't talking about common people here.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I find it next to impossible to really evaluate the tv-show on it's own merits having read the books. Constantly having the books in the back of my mind I just try to enjoy having this shit brought on screen and occasionally pull my grumpy cat impression when I think the show is doing injustice to something.
Very good point, and a big difference between this show and the ones I mentioned. There isn't a source material for those shows that is already really, really good. There are times I wish I had never read the books, as I think I'd enjoy the show more and not spend time comparing them.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I watched the first season having never read the books, and finished all the books between first and second season. For me, it's much more enjoyable watching after reading the books. Most of the fun for me is seeing how the people and places in the books are visualized on the screen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my biggest complaint about this show is that they cant even fill a fucking hour worth of content and yet they give everyone only 2 minutes to talk/do stuff before we are whisked away to 2 minutes of somebody else. Top Gear is a full hour of entertainment(depending if the star in a car isnt some local wanker celeb). this week only ran 54 minutes and probably 4 minutes of which are credits. each episode should be at least an hour and optimally be 90 minutes. producing a show is expensive, but for fucka sake, talk is cheap, let the characters get a chance to catch their breath and allow the viewers to catch up. im positive this show is fucking confusing to all the non book readers.

and a 90 minute episode every week wouldnt be too long, they just had that Bible show on history channel, beat every other show in ratings and each episode was 2 hours long.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It isn't as if the show gives us every hedge knight in the lands and describes them as the best fighters ever. The show focuses on the top tier, most famous people. Barristan and Jamie are world famous for their skills. The Mountain in like 7 feet tall and full of rage and running Tywin's entire Riverlands "campaign." Drogo was Drogo. Ned has a lifetime of battle experience. Robert was the Mountain of his day. I mean, come on. These guys are the top of the food chain in every way, we aren't talking about common people here.
Yep. All the top tier fighters in the show got there because they were given elite training at a young age or because they rose to the top due to natural ability/random chance. It's like how when Jon Snow was showing off at being good with a weapon, someone dressed him down by asking if he'd be as good if he wasn't a lord's son who got to jerk off swords all throughout his childhood.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Yep. All the top tier fighters in the show got there because they were given elite training at a young age or because they rose to the top due to natural ability/random chance. It's like how when Jon Snow was showing off at being good with a weapon, someone dressed him down by asking if he'd be as good if he wasn't a lord's son who got to jerk off swords all throughout his childhood.
That, and having access to legendary, heirloom Valyrian steel swords and runed armour.

Which makes Barristan Selmy all that more bad ass: He ain't got no fancy steel swords.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Joff gave Harrenhall to Littlefinger basically knowing they were going to lose it......lol. He truly is a prick.

And yeah, you dont want to know Feanor. If true its a major spoiler for this season and im still upset about reading it in my PM box. It was actually Keg I think but Keg is kind of awesome so whatevs. Also, Rob still has no clue about Winterfell does he?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Probably one of the resident trannies, those ladybros got got huge weiners if fedor's old posts are to be believed.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We need to get Sam Deathwalker and Mippo on ReRolled.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Joff gave Harrenhall to Littlefinger basically knowing they were going to lose it......lol. He truly is a prick.

And yeah, you dont want to know Feanor. If true its a major spoiler for this season and im still upset about reading it in my PM box. It was actually Keg I think but Keg is kind of awesome so whatevs. Also, Rob still has no clue about Winterfell does he?
"giving" someone Harrenhall is seen as taboo as is. Since the general thoughts behind the place is that it's cursed. Either way Joffery had absolutely no idea what was happening with the war strategy. That was entirely Tywins doing.