GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
The exchange between Tywin and Tyrion was another good example. It's obvious Tywin is not fond of Tyrion, but it makes him out to be a bit more openly aggressive whereas he's mainly passive aggressive in the book. Also, Tywin tends to do shitty things but he's not a total loss and I tend to respect him, because at the very least he aims for strong leadership for the kingdoms.
I haven't read ACOK in a while, but I thought that scene was taken almost word for word from the book. It sounded incredibly similar to how I remembered that discussion going down.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I haven't read ACOK in a while, but I thought that scene was taken almost word for word from the book. It sounded incredibly similar to how I remembered that discussion going down.
Was it? I swear to god I don't remember him being so hardcore "GO FUCK YOURSELF" but I'm still on book 2 of my reread. I'll have to check. =/

Edit: No you're right. I thought that convo was more subtle, and not a total, "You are a fucking terrible awful dwarf and are no son of mine" but that's exactly how it was.

I feel better about that scene at least, but the other ones are still legit pretty damn changed.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
They have a lot of ground to cover in 10 episodes, so it's not surprising that there have been changes made. This actually makes me think that when they start getting into retarded ass ADWD, the show's arc will be better than the book's.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i thought somewhere Tyrion mentions he didn't even want Casterly rock and preferred to stay in Kings landing? I assumed he just used asking for Casterly rock as a way to get the things Tywin actually gave him.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So how many "THIS IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE BOOK IT'S RUINED!!!1" followed up by "No this is exactly what happens in the book." have we had now?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm about done with this thread, ill post clips or news but the complaints in this thread are terrible. The books are great but there is a lot of shit that show has put in that was better than the books but half of everyone can only bring up that it wasn't the same in the books and how the show fucked it up even though GRR is writing and over seeing everything on the show. I do get the Belwas complaint ect. But the stuff with bronn or arya/tywin was money. Now people are advising about Selmy being called one of the greatest swordsman or that they don't remember a scene being the awkward as in the books

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Bitching and complaining is enough to make you stay away? How have you made it this far with this community?!

I agree with you, btw. I think the show is great...not so much through season 1, but definitely since the 2nd half of s2.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I know how the forum goes but the stupidity in this thread makes me feel like it should be RR. People are complaining about how it was that way in the books just to complain and then getting proven wrong ect. The whole argument about selmy, shea, mance and the unsulied was ridiculous

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
I know, people should gloss over little inconsistencies with the book and reserve their criticism for the major issues, like how haphazardly that whole NW/others sequence was thrown together and how they expected non book readers to determine what actually happened.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Loved the dragons flying around and hunting. Loved the giant. Seeing Ser Barristan at the end was awesome, he and Jorah Mormont are interesting characters.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
i dont understand why HBO spent all this money for cast, CGI and to shoot at all these expensive locations and only gives each scene just a few minutes, if i was a bigwig at the network id be screaming for someones ass why the show is only 50 minutes worth of content and only ten episodes. if peter jackson can squeeze 10 hours of movie out of a few months filming of the hobbit then they could rock out 90 minutes a week of content and at least 13 episodes a season.
I think just because there are so many story arcs going on concurrently, and if they try to stay true to the timeline they need to jump back and forth. Or you can just do what GRRM did himself and have a whole season devoted to 1/2 the characters (the shitty ones) and then next season have all the good ones, like he did with the last two books. Now wouldn't that suck?

I know how the forum goes but the stupidity in this thread makes me feel like it should be RR. People are complaining about how it was that way in the books just to complain and then getting proven wrong ect. The whole argument about selmy, shea, mance and the unsulied was ridiculous
I think that is just the nature of how people read books. A lot of people don't take in every little detail but sorta of scan over a page, get the main points and conversations, and they interpret some parts or fill gaps differently with their imaginations. In some ways, this is what makes books better... also then wait awhile and try to re-tell it on a forum, and you have a giant game of telephone.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I read a dumb "round table" editorial that complained abut the Barristan reveal and guessed that viewers that didnt read the books probably "dont even remember Selmy". Fuck off with that stupid shit already. Not every viewer is an inbred half-wit who cant follow an hour long show. If I miss something I rewatch it. Wow!

Anyway, Barristan and Ser Jorah of Pedo Bear Island together with the dragon whore of a westerosi is an awesome combo and once she gets manpower and ships the ultimate confrontation is going to be epic. If HBO pulled off the battle at Blackwater Bay they could pull off almost anything the books have in mind. I never read the books mind you but I have confidence they can condense and get it done.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hell yeah, they are only a few months old anddrogon's head is already larger than the oldest dragon head at KL.
Balerion, the Black Dread, is described as having had a wingspan so vast it's shadow would would cover entire towns, teeth as long as swords, andjaws that could swallow a mammoth whole.So they do getpretty pretty prettybig.

Not sure if Balerion's skull is one of the ones in the Red Keep, but one of the skulls is described as big enough for a man on a horse to ride in to it's jaws.

Wiki says Drogon's wings are 20' from tip to tip in ADWD, so painting is definitely off.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
My favorite character is Ser Barriston Selmy which probably means hes the next one to die.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jozu's post in the non-spoiler thread:
Jozu_sl said:
I wonder what Walder Frey is going to do now that Robb married the medic wench.

I dont see him joining the Lannisters but I also see him fucking Robb in the ass along with his whore mother.
lol

Also they're discussing how Melisandre has the unfettered ability to summon cooter wraiths. When is it explained that cooterwraiths basically drain the soul of the stud she summons them with?

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Even if she could and did poop out a herd of cooter wraiths to kill the royal family, it is unclear Stannis could just walk in and take over. Plus the rumors of "what he did" to the royal family would be unpleasant and taint everything.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's debatable and would never happen for the #1 reason that quading cooter wraiths makes for a boring story. But I think Stannis could make things MUCH easier by just pumping out cooter wraiths at the good Lannister leadership and win the war that way. I mean think about what would've happened if he assassinated Tyrion and Tywin months before the battle at blackwater.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Which means if they stick to it...
Aegon (Rhaegar's son) would be the actual ruler. He's GoT's version of Henry VII.
He said loosely. Rhaegar isn't Henry VI. (btw England's worst ruler ever). And the Mad King isn't Henry V, arguably the greatest ruler in English history since 1066.

Fuck's sake. Don't get me started on how Henry VII wasn't even the rightful ruler. And there's the Edward's too...