GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
So there's a Game of Thronesexhibitin NYC and it was pretty awesome. I waited in line for over and hour but it was free. Kudos to whoever organized this. They could have easily charged money to enter but decided to make it free. They had an Iron Throne replica and they took your picture and gave you a print, again for free. No gift shop to be found. This felt purely for the fans and it was greatly appreciated.

Here's a few pictures from it.
CfzWr5c.jpg
u46K5Uf.jpg
EO7qAW0.jpg
UkmaJBF.jpg
zPvxQf7.jpg
nrM6wWy.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe I'm just paranoid but I'm starting to get suspicious about something. My girlfriend said something along the lines of "Isn't it weird that Robb fell in love with this random girl and she was so eager to marry him?" It made me think that something bad is going to happen. It could be nothing, and in all likelihood I'm probably just becoming paranoid about people dying off. But I have this fear that she is playing some far bigger plot. I'm willing to bet $5 on it.
After Ned, it's pretty clear that no one is safe.

Cybsled

They are being asshats. Beyond an offhand comment by Tywin, there has been NOTHING to hint at what is going to happen. They are just trying to stealth spoil.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The thing is, the TV show lays this shit out much more clearly than the book and it spends more time proportionally on both Robb and how it's a big deal that he's breaking the rules. It's entirely concievable that show watchers correctly predict that Robb is going to get fucked because of the marriage. I do think that so far Robb actually being killed isn't 'likely'.

And for all we know the 5th episode will spoil the whole thing.
Proper Fucked?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only remember one scene with Cat telling Robb that Frey is not a man to be messed with, so maybe I missed it otherwise I wouldn't say they are spending a ton of time detailing it.

Plus more time on Robb (or any character for that matter) doesn't automatically mean something bad is going to happen to them. After Ned, all non-book readers automatically assume that no one is safe and anyone could die at any moment.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Even in the books Catelyn straight up tells Robb "You are going to get fucked for what you did," it isn't as if it isn't telegraphed. But one line in 7,000 pages kind of blends in more subtly than one line in a 54 minute tv show.

malaki_sl

shitlord
Loving the show, but really not a fan of putting so much focus on Robb's wife. And at the cost of not including Jojen and Meera? Any speculation on how that is going to work out in the show? Osha just takes their whole role? They just randomly turn up?

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Even in the books Catelyn straight up tells Robb "You are going to get fucked for what you did," it isn't as if it isn't telegraphed. But one line in 7,000 pages kind of blends in more subtly than one line in a 54 minute tv show.
To be honest I Didn't see it coming as I read the books durning season one it was a big shock to me like had to set the kindle down fire up a cig and go wtf..My girl who watches the series but hasn't read the books roots pretty hard for robb I don't have the heart to tell her and she has no clue.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
To be honest I Didn't see it coming as I read the books durning season one it was a big shock to me like had to set the kindle down fire up a cig and go wtf..My girl who watches the series but hasn't read the books roots pretty hard for robb I don't have the heart to tell her and she has no clue.
I got spoiled because I had no self control and kept going in the spoiler thread over on FoH. I knew it was coming. It seemed to me like it was kind of foreshadowed that something was going to happen, maybe not that extreme. but definitely something. My wife read all the genealogies at the end of the books so she basically spoiled everything for herself. But there are always facebook friends to watch cry!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
magic in fiction is just a plot device, but I question whether warlocks are in a position to explain why magic returned. The dragons could be a symptom instead of the cause.
They are just thinking logically it is the dragons. The dragons are born and their magic comes back, and the magic is much stronger the nearer in proximity you get to the dragons, so they give credit to the dragons.

Fedor

<Banned>
Loving the show, but really not a fan of putting so much focus on Robb's wife. And at the cost of not including Jojen and Meera? Any speculation on how that is going to work out in the show? Osha just takes their whole role? They just randomly turn up?
game-of-thrones-season-3-jojen-and-meera.jpg

Cybsled

They are just thinking logically it is the dragons. The dragons are born and their magic
comes back, and the magic is much stronger the nearer in proximity you get to the dragons, so they give credit to the dragons.
Which makes sense, but the white walkers, Bran seeing through his wolf, demon crap in Drogo's tent do predate the dragon birth, which would suggest the dragons are a symptom but not a cause.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Which makes sense, but the white walkers, Bran seeing through his wolf, demon crap in Drogo's tent do predate the dragon birth, which would suggest the dragons are a symptom but not a cause.
Sure, but the warlocks don't know about all of that shit. All the warlocks know is dragons = magic? so they just say dragons = magic.

I doubt GRRM is ever going to lay it out plainly, different factions might think different things but it will always just kind of be something that happened. Kind of like the comet.