Grand Theft Auto VI

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Showing off how well you can recreate a viral video isnt impressive or inspire confidence in your ability to actually create.

What you should really be worried about is take2 working with sweet baby, a company whose sole job is injecting woke retardation into video games.
Actually I think it’s hilarious because it’s Florida and you don’t even have to come up with your own crazy shit for a video game because the shitlords that live there in real life are this fucking stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I was bitching about GTA5 not coming out on PS4/XB1 until almost a fucking year after those consoles launched. Remember, the PS4 and Xbox One came out mid November 2013.

Copy paste from Wikipedia:

Release17 September 2013
  • PS3, Xbox 360
  • 17 September 2013
  • PS4, Xbox One
  • 18 November 2014
  • Windows
  • 14 April 2015

Rockstar triple dipped on that shit harder than Bethesda with Skyrim

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The great thing about the trailer is the way it accidentally highlights how disgusting and degenerate certain cultures are in the U.S.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I was bitching about GTA5 not coming out on PS4/XB1 until almost a fucking year after those consoles launched. Remember, the PS4 and Xbox One came out mid November 2013.

Copy paste from Wikipedia:

Release17 September 2013
  • PS3, Xbox 360
  • 17 September 2013
  • PS4, Xbox One
  • 18 November 2014
  • Windows
  • 14 April 2015

Rockstar triple dipped on that shit harder than Bethesda with Skyrim

More like 6 times dipped.

PS3/360
Xbox One/PS4
Series X PS5 (And then had the balls to split versioning between story and online confusing everyone)

and PC.

Over the course of 10 fucking years they sold the same damn thing.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
More like 6 times dipped.

PS3/360
Xbox One/PS4
Series X PS5 (And then had the balls to split versioning between story and online confusing everyone)

and PC.

Over the course of 10 fucking years they sold the same damn thing.

GTAV printed almost as much money as Candy Crush does in a quarter.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I just watched a vid about GTA6 that said they've spent $2BILLION on this thing so far? That can't be right can it?

Did they outsource dev work to Raytheon or Boeing or something?

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Actually I think it’s hilarious because it’s Florida and you don’t even have to come up with your own crazy shit for a video game because the shitlords that live there in real life are this fucking stupid.

Aktshully, it's not that Florida necessarily has a higher rate of crazy shit. There's some kind of state law where it gets out easier.

When I was working on the court system locally we'd get a ton of crazy shit come through, in search warrants in particular, but it was never made public or searchable by normal means and usually only hit the news if it went to trial.

Still great fodder, though.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I remember in the mid 90s there was a game that cost a whopping $1 million to develop. Can't remember what it was, but people wondered how they would ever recoop the costs. Now we have $2 billion dollar games. And you know they are not just going to earn it back by box sales. It's going to be monetised to hell. Still, crazy sums.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If true they will be spending $3B for sure before release in 2025. They'll need to make like $6B on the game to eclipse their previous profits, which is nutso clown world.

Might be a straw big enough to break the backs of AAA development.

• 1Seriously?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I just watched a vid about GTA6 that said they've spent $2BILLION on this thing so far? That can't be right can it?

Yeah it's fairly multi-faceted. Production costs, marketing, print on initial - I would bet that is close to about $1 billion since it has been in (at least pre-production) since 2014. Throwing a dart though on the other $1 billion would mean they have lots of post launch plans from DLC, seasonal online content, MTX (Obviously) all planned out ahead of time in the overall scope of the budget number. Also would include any dollars needed to do their 45 remakes until 2043.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

"Sources say"

Definitely not a video designed to farm clicks, surely. Did said video have any tangible, objective evidence to back that number up?

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Chris

Potato del Grande
A trailer that is mainly a shot for shot recreation of random viral videos isnt a good thing.
GTA had always been references to other things, the setting and story has never been original and always been satirical.

People like the gameplay.

• 2Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
If true they will be spending $3B for sure before release in 2025. They'll need to make like $6B on the game to eclipse their previous profits, which is nutso clown world.

Might be a straw big enough to break the backs of AAA development.

Some googling says GTA 5 made $7.7B so far just on box sales, lifetime expectation over $10B.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
"Sources say"

Definitely not a video designed to farm clicks, surely. Did said video have any tangible, objective evidence to back that number up?

Yeah - since all their data was hacked September 18th 2022.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The great thing about the trailer is the way it accidentally highlights how disgusting and degenerate certain cultures are in the U.S.
Pretty much the story of the whole GTA series.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Pretty much the story of the whole GTA series.

whole series?

1701903714750.png

• 2Hodjing

Cybsled

Yes, Florida Culture.

bugsbunnysawingflorida.gif

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
"Sources say"

It was an offhand comment in a video about black twitter's reaction to the trailer. ALL youtube videos are designed to farm clicks/views, so what else you got?

Should I not talk about how much it's costing because I hate fun? Does making a single incredulous post about it count as sperging? Maybe my non-existent social media presence is causing me rage-induced hypoxia and the shakes now? This being the 7th post of mine in this thread, I'm already in wild-eyed over-the-top overreaction to a game trailer territory, so I'm not sure I can escalate any further from here...

Unless... .. could it be??

AN
8TH

What depths could I possibly sink to after going that far over the top???????

Anyway, to address the humans in the thread: no idea if the $2B is accurate or not, but it might be plausible since it's taken them since 2014 to release a teaser trailer. As Utnayan Utnayan points out, they've been doing cash grab repackaging actions since GTA5 released, so it's not like they don't have that much cash to get to that number.

I didn't recognize all of those scenes in the trailer as being from "Florida Man" news incidents over the years, that actually gives me more hope that the game will keep its irreverent attitude. They still haven't topped the talk radio station stuff from GTA3 IMO, though GTA5 talk radio was an improvement on 4 and San Andreas. Though it's been a few years since I've played any of those mentioned.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It was an offhand comment in a video about black twitter's reaction to the trailer. ALL youtube videos are designed to farm clicks/views, so what else you got?

Should I not talk about how much it's costing because I hate fun? Does making a single incredulous post about it count as sperging? Maybe my non-existent social media presence is causing me rage-induced hypoxia and the shakes now? This being the 7th post of mine in this thread, I'm already in wild-eyed over-the-top overreaction to a game trailer territory, so I'm not sure I can escalate any further from here...

Unless... .. could it be??

AN
8TH

What depths could I possibly sink to after going that far over the top???????

Anyway, to address the humans in the thread: no idea if the $2B is accurate or not, but it might be plausible since it's taken them since 2014 to release a teaser trailer. As Utnayan Utnayan points out, they've been doing cash grab repackaging actions since GTA5 released, so it's not like they don't have that much cash to get to that number.

I didn't recognize all of those scenes in the trailer as being from "Florida Man" news incidents over the years, that actually gives me more hope that the game will keep its irreverent attitude. They still haven't topped the talk radio station stuff from GTA3 IMO, though GTA5 talk radio was an improvement on 4 and San Andreas. Though it's been a few years since I've played any of those mentioned.
Bro, wtf? Are you having a stroke?

I just asked if the video had any data to back up the claims.

• 2Worf
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1EyeRoll