Gravy's Cooking Thread

Gravy

Bronze Squire
If you're near Greenville, stop by Doe's Eat Place for me. Strangest little place, but the steaks were really, really good. My wife weighs about 120, and she packed away a 2 lb. Rib-eye there. As did I.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nope sorry. I'm literally a stones throw from LA since the property is adjacent to the state line.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I miss chicken fried steak more than any other food on earth, and fried chicken is a close second. I am going to try some gluten free but I know it will be disappointing so I am holding off for now. Sous vide London broil coming in a couple of days. Should be good at medium rare.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I miss chicken fried steak more than any other food on earth, and fried chicken is a close second. I am going to try some gluten free but I know it will be disappointing so I am holding off for now. Sous vide London broil coming in a couple of days. Should be good at medium rare.
Were you recently diagnosed with celiac?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Chickpea flour fries pretty well, but it's a tad grainy, kinda like cornmeal. Rice flour is great for frying and may work on smaller pieces better.

I've always wanted to cut up a cornish game hen and fry it like chicken.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Were you recently diagnosed with celiac?
Yeah please tell me you have an actual diagnosis.

Step over into Health Problems thread if you want to go into it. If you aren't actually a celiac then knock that shit off.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's on a doctor's orders, I'm pretty sure. chaos isn't some new age faggot who eats trendy.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's on a doctor's orders, I'm pretty sure. chaos isn't some new age faggot who eats trendy.
Yeah I have a sister in law who is gluten free. She says she has Celiac's and it was diagnosed. I asked her point blank "so they did a blood test and it came back positive" and she just hems and haws that yes she had some test done. AKA the doctor is just feeding into her bullshit. We now have to tailor our family get togethers to have terrible food for her also. I had to make gluten free spatzel and an unbreaded schnitzel just for her .... then she said she wasn't hungry because she ate at home expecting me not to make food she could eat but thanks anyways.

Every time I get a chance I make fun of those gluten free people who don't actually have Celiac's like she does and I do it right to her face waiting for her to break down and admit she doesn't have it.

Should I be this rude? Should I even care? She has automatically self diagnosed her two kids and my brother with it. He tells her to fuck off and eats what he wants but at home she serves all gluten free so dinner at home is dog shit.

There are very definitive tests you can have done for Celiac's which has a very very high accuracy rate. If you don't test positive for it then going gluten free is just something your doctor wants to do and not something you should do. Going with less gluten is not a bad idea sure but going into gluten free mode is not something you should do unless your body has to, aka Celiac's.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The worst ppl are the ones that self diagnose Celiac and then just offload that shit on everyone else. It really makes light of the plight of someone who really has Celiac's. Ever go out to dinner w/ a Celiac. Ever had to print out one of the Celiac cards in a different language cuz other countries say fuck all to Celiac?

Going to dinner w/ a true Celiac is depressing, did you ever see someone eat w/o joy who aren't being detained?, while everyone else is smiling?

Ppl who self diagnose as Celiacs are the worse b/c one day they could just say fuck it, it's not trendy no more and stuff a pizza down their mouths.

Borzak

Actually, I figured your family was from LA. I think you were wearing an LSU shirt in a picture you posted.
I was born in LA, parents lived in LA till a few years ago when my dad retired. They live about an hour from Baton Rouge where I was born. They're right on the MS/LA border in a rural area but close enough to get to town if needed.

Most of the food there is just like being in LA for the most part. Most signs/flags you see are LSU related and I've never seen an Ole Piss or MSU flag while visiting there.

Not a huge fan of chicken friend steak, mainly because my grandmother (who I lived with for a short while in college) could't fix any meat that wasn't friend or chicken friend so to speak).

Anyway, I've never personally met anyone who was on a gluten free diet deal or for that matter has even said gluten I don't think. Pretty sure you would starve to death here being gluten free tho I'm not 100% on what is gluten.

I'm on doctors orders to commune with nature (honestly that's what he said) so late yesterday I sat out on the deck and had a cigar (he said smoking cigars to relax was a great idea lol) and watched the deer). Now I'm hungry for some fresh back strap.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
If there's any part of this country thatshould becutting bread out of their diet, it's the south.

Borzak

I dunno, the people I know in the south aren't as fat as the people you see on the internet. Maybe it's just ghetto trash in the south. I don't know anyone personally when I lived there who would be considered overweight let alone obese. Of course I only know people who work for a living.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yes, everyone who works for a living is in tip-top shape. I'm going by the studies of obesity by state, assuming they are accurate. The south is full of fat fucks. There are plenty of ghetto unemployed folks in Broward and Dade county(Ft Lauderdale / Miami), but we're on the lowest % of obesity.

XoggfCM.png

Borzak

The south is full of plenty of people on welfare and food stamps, but I don't know any of them either.

Coorelate that map with the black population. I see a strong resemblance.

Percent black population. If you don't live in the cotton belt you have a higher chance to be white and not fat I guess.

USA_2000_black_density.png

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not asking you to personally stop them from eating bread. Was just a general suggestion for the entire area; also a joke.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The south is full of plenty of people on welfare and food stamps, but I don't know any of them either.
You're really claiming only people on government subsidies are fat? Bro, southern cuisine is super unhealthy. Super delicious but super goddamn unhealthy. Tons of porkers in the south.