Gravy's Cooking Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How long will my freshly made thai red curry paste last in a normal tupperware in the fridge bros?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How long will my freshly made thai red curry paste last in a normal tupperware in the fridge bros?
I've had green curry paste last several months, I put it in a ziplock bag and remove the air then put it in tupperware though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bought a Steam Cooker the other day. This thing is really cool. I just need to learn to steam shit correctly. It was great for all the Pelmeni I had frozen a few weeks ago though.

This weekend I am totally making thisSplit Pea and Barley Ham Soup.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I just use this recipe.

Green Curry Paste Recipe - ThaiTable.com

I just use a vitamix to blend the shit because using a molcajete is way too much damn work.
Thanks, Abe. That looks really damn good. The only thing I'm thinking about substituting is the shrimp paste because of sodium, but I'll look for it when I get the Kaffir limes and lemon grass.

I was watching 'Beat Bobbly Flay' the other night because there wasn't anything else on, and the challenge dish was green curry. Both Bobby and the other dude used spinach to make their sauce green, and that seemed way off to me.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's a steam cooker? The Chinese bamboo kind you out on top of a pot?
Same function, but actual device. Like this thing,Steam Cooker.

Much less hassle than the damn bamboo and wok traditional Chinese style, made some killer Ahi steaks last night with it.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Something tells me that The Master has the 9"
It was a gift.
wink.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Same function, but actual device. Like this thing,Steam Cooker.

Much less hassle than the damn bamboo and wok traditional Chinese style, made some killer Ahi steaks last night with it.
Im chinese and the only time i whip out the bamboo steamer is to impress white ppl, (and theyre always impressed cuz mine stacks 6 levels high) otherwise fuck cleaning that bamboo, i just use a veggie steamer.