Gravy's Cooking Thread

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone got a good, spicy red chili paste recipe? Going to be making my own as the pre-packaged shit around here is not nearly spicy enough for my tastes.

I like it hot!
2 dried chili Pasilla
2 dried chili New Mexico
4 dried chili California
5 dried chile de arbol
1 medium onion sliced
3 cloves of garlic.

Remove stems from the chilis and put in a small pot with the garlic and onion and enough water to barely cover the chilis. Bring to a boil with the lid on and then turn off the heat and let sit for 15 min. Pour out excess water and then blend to a paste or if you must use your mortal and pestle. You will do the mortal and pestel once after you realize how much more fucking work it is.

Add more dried chili de arbol for more heat.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
2 dried chili Pasilla
2 dried chili New Mexico
4 dried chili California
5 dried chile de arbol
1 medium onion sliced
3 cloves of garlic.

Remove stems from the chilis and put in a small pot with the garlic and onion and enough water to barely cover the chilis. Bring to a boil with the lid on and then turn off the heat and let sit for 15 min. Pour out excess water and then blend to a paste or if you must use your mortal and pestle. You will do the mortal and pestel once after you realize how much more fucking work it is.

Add more dried chili de arbol for more heat.
Sounds spicy, mmmmmm

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When I do my chili, thats basically what I do, but I dont make a paste, I just grind them up in a dedicated coffee grinder into a chili powder, seeds and all. I buy any dried chilis I can get my hands on either at the produce market, or the grocery store.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How do food processors handle peppercorns? Sometimes I need an insane amount of coarse fresh black pepper. Especially for bbq rubs.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I use one of these for a pepper mill. Looks cool too.

Amazon.com: Turkish Coffee Grinder - Large (8.5 inches high): Electric Food Grinders: Kitchen Dining

31K6qes1M0L.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I actually need a new pepper grinder. I've had one for years that came from Ikea, but it's sucking the balls of dead donkeys now. I think it's just worn out.
Pepper grinder nerd info needed.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You could put that top knob in your power drill and empty that fucker of pepper very quickly I would think.
I've done that
smile.png
The part below the metal screw actually is a big cup that holds the grounds. You can grind quite a lot quickly and then just dump them all out of the cup.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I pepper the shit out of everything. I love pepper. I always buy those big Kirkland brand salt and pepper grinders from Costco, and I go through about 3-4 pepper grinders for every 1 salt grinder.

I pepper my bacon before I cook it, I pepper the inside of my grilled cheese sandwiches before I cook them,, I pepper my macaroni & cheese...my wife thinks I'm insane.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
People take black pepper for granted but it is the king of all spices.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yup. So many things are perfect with just salt and fresh ground pepper.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yep, Gravy is no good without a bit of pepper.

I'm ashamed we don't grind our own, but we have black in all sizes, and white and red.