Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Italians who want to stay in shape do. Plus, I'm a Sicilian mongrel, so not a real Italian. It's brutal, though, I won't lie. I love me some bread, pasta, etc. It's only for a couple months at the most.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I helped butcher and process 5 hogs today with my sis, cousins and friends. I mostly gathered spices, chopped,vegetables, ran to market for another hank of casing (we ran out, we made a ridiculous amount bratwurst), and packaged the meat. Brat flavors included pepper and onion, pepper jack and cheddar. plain, combos of all those. The guys used the giant smoker to do ribs and loin and they grilled fresh brats and pork burgers for our dinner. Damn, was it yummy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The Anova doesn't require one. It has bluetooth and I think wireless capability on the newer ones, but there's no reason to use that.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I never use the smartphone features on my Anova. It works perfectly fine without it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah mine doesn't have bluetooth or an app. It's the basic level (and works awesome).

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Bisi has a 1000 dollar green egg, but sous vides in a 8 dollar cooler.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I was in the process of making Alton Brown's flowerpot smoker but I was having trouble tracking down an electric cooking plate that fit the bottom of the flowerpot.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last edited:

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Firing up the grill and for the first time without G instructing me...God I hope I can remember what he taught me. I have 15 pounds of pork steaks to make.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
cheersresz.jpg
grilldutyrs.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Nice looking steaks.
Thanks, they turned out pretty well, I had a couple of hot spots I should have watched more closely because a couple of the pork steaks got a little extra caramelized (read: what I would call burnt). I didn't bring any home; my nephews and my dad laid claim to the few that remained. I made 15 pounds for 14 people. Everyone loved them. It was my first time grilling solo and it was successful. G would be proud of me. (edit: charcoal with hickory added 1/2 way through...I have grilled with electric and gas....charcoal requires a different level of skill)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Haven't taken part in this thread yet, but I love to cook! I'm not working right now so I have really been trying to hone my skills.

I suck at baking so I have really been focusing on that.

Tonight I made Chocolate cream pie ravioli with strawberry and blood orange coulis garnished with white chocolate and a little bit of mint.

8OCePr6.jpg

And my last loaf of bread.

8eTPCOy.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm in the market for a food dehydrator, tired of not being able to find jerky that isn't 40% sugar. Any recommendations?