Gravy's Cooking Thread

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
mrsgravy.jpg

Made this Tuesday morning (I took off work on Tues morning as I had gone to a concert Monday night and was anticipating a hangover and little sleep) I was starving when I got up so I broke my food rules and went full on carb breakfast. It was the yum.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
That is my favorite breakfast of all time! I took a trip to Nashville last year and my girlfriend and I had biscuits & gravy for breakfast for like...8 days straight, it was glorious. We were driving home and hit up a McDonald's for a quick road breakfast and my girlfriend was so addicted to the B&G life that she thought it would be a good idea to have it one last time...for the road. Didn't end up like I thought it would, but man, talk about playing with fire!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Biscuits and gravy is a 5 star breakfast for sure. Most restaurants don't do it very well though, gotta make it yourself.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know it's likely a travesty for many here, but I use this shit to make biscuits:

ziQFjKu.gif

Three packets of that makes enough biscuits for the fam, and two pounds of sausage mixed about 4 tablespoons of flour and four cups of milk with whatever seasoning strikes the fancy....

Breakfast that pleases all.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I made bolognese for the first time yesterday and it turned out fantastic. Will definitely make again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I made bolognese for the first time yesterday and it turned out fantastic. Will definitely make again.
pardon the ignorance... but isn't it just normal spaghetti sauce with meat?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bolognese is richer via panchetta and sometimes dairy. It's also stewed for a while to break down connective tissue.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah it took a couple hours to make. Longer than expected. The recipe I used also called for a little bit of wine and I couldn't let it go to waste. Ended up drinking the entire bottle before it was finished.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Have 9 Hens now, great amounts of eggs, if you are in PDX feel free to come get some.

Main question I have is: Does anyone have a kick ass Choux Pastry recipe? found a bunch on the net but they all seem to suck and I can't read french for others. Making Eclairs and want perfect.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Have 9 Hens now, great amounts of eggs, if you are in PDX feel free to come get some.

Main question I have is: Does anyone have a kick ass Choux Pastry recipe? found a bunch on the net but they all seem to suck and I can't read french for others. Making Eclairs and want perfect.
Oh gosh, my mom used to make what we called cream puffs all the dang time...fucking yum. Will see if I can find her recipe...in the meanwhile the original Joy of Cooking should have a good choux recipe or you could try this one:
Cream Puffs Recipe & Video - Joyofbaking.com *Video Recipe*