Gravy's Cooking Thread

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What are your favorite min/max dishes?

Minimum effort in time, ingredients and skill level required. Maximum taste, enjoyment and/or substance.

Bonus: Dish doesn't have to be healthy per say, but should contain only fresh ingredients, frozen pizza may not apply.

Thai green curry.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Stir fry. Cut up your meat and vegetables, heat up the wok, fry it up, add some sauce from the supermarket, dump it on some rice from the rice cooker.... delicious meal in under 30 minutes.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw9bTkihXc-GRVujYFxjHspXDLNf8cB8jA-OfJJaDEuvYSUa2I
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTojTi10yjzhCtjbAjHJEZAwY_y6tiqADJvIrz4PbSeyHptOve3Kg

101.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So far i've taken a liking to making mediteranian chicken.
1. lemon
2. oragano
3. basil
4. chicken

I don't put it on skewers, as i don't have a grill now, it's easier to just chunk up the chicken and cook em longer on high on a stainless steel pan to get some char on.

I marinade my chicken in a vaccum container, seems more flavorful, could be subjective.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Stir fry. Cut up your meat and vegetables, heat up the wok, fry it up, add some sauce from the supermarket, dump it on some rice from the rice cooker.... delicious meal in under 30 minutes.
Agreed - I do a shrimp thing often using frozen shrimp (I always keep on hand) plus bag of mixed (unseasoned) cali blend veg plus whatever fresh I have on hand - always onion, celery, extra broccoli, mushrooms, add whatever spices and condiments I feel like (usually a hot curry and Penzey's Bangkok blend) plus this garlic/ginger paste stuff I have, and if needed a bit of whatever stock I have - either some Miso (thank you Trader Joe's) or chicken. I don't do rice, the carrots in the veg mix have enough carbs. It ends up being a pretty low cal, high protein and yummy super fast dinner. It's good for me but I am sure a lot of you don't need to be concerned about your girlish figures.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
No, I actually skip the rice most of the time as well, but it tastes better when I don't.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm going to smoke Chicken wings, Steaks or Brisket this weekend. What say ye FoH brethren?

I fucked up ribs last time so I don't want to play experiments, also what wood chip flavor for your recommendation? Give me some input today so I can get shit ordered from Amazon.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm a purist, hickory chips, rub it with salt and pepper, smoke the fuck out of it.

lol, okay. You have to remember I'm a noob when it comes to smoking. What temp and cooking time and meat temp do you recommend?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
12 hours at 225 should be good to go, meat temp should be ~200 when you're done

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Damn. Now I want brisket.

On a different note, anyone have the soda-making thingie? The stuff you can carbonate water and such with? We're thinking of getting one, but wanted to hear what you folks think.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I drink a ton of carbonated water (Vintage brand son) so I thought about getting one. The price between the machine and cartridges really didn't make it worth it, imo. Maybe the prices have come down, or if you plan to use it for other stuff. For me it wasn't a good purchase.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My brother bought one (Sodastream I think it's called) and he was using it all the time for a while. I'm not sure if he still does, but I'm pretty sure the cost was way below buying soda. It's kind of pointless if it's not, right? Maybe for soda, but not carbonated water.