Gravy's Cooking Thread

Siliconemelons

My Chinese mother in-law makes baby back ribs similar - she just used normal bbq sauce with a ton of minced garlic, but they are great.

For her “Asian” ribs- they are the cut on the bone ribs, small chunks… like a square with meat wrapped around a little bone chunk… i dont know what the official name for the cut of rib is- this style she makes with Asian sauce and stuff, they also are great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My Chinese mother in-law makes baby back ribs similar - she just used normal bbq sauce with a ton of minced garlic, but they are great.

For her “Asian” ribs- they are the cut on the bone ribs, small chunks… like a square with meat wrapped around a little bone chunk… i dont know what the official name for the cut of rib is- this style she makes with Asian sauce and stuff, they also are great.
I have done two bones cut from a baby back rack in the past. I was testing out doing the Chinese barbecue ribs on the grill. Never good but I couldn't get the same result so used to. It was still pretty tasty. I've seen some other recipes where they don't get grilled but they get boiled and then shallow fried in a wok and then dipped in sauce or something.

Siliconemelons

Yeah wok fried is a thing with the little ribs… short ribs? But sadly, she never was big on wok cooking…

These:
IMG_1772.jpeg

I have made baby back ribs where you boil then grill, my mom taught me that. Most non-smoker restaurants do that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

char siu nuggets?
9e0c6e2924e350015a81e9fd4d9334b8.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

lol i guess, its more of that cut of rib.. dunno what it is called- but rarely i find that cut in non Asian market- so when we goto the big ol “Asian Publix” we get them so she can make it… and duck, that’s cooked there so that’s lunch :)

And i always buy some random Asian drink - usually lychee - most of the drinks are japan stuff

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
lol i guess, its more of that cut of rib.. dunno what it is called- but rarely i find that cut in non Asian market- so when we goto the big ol “Asian Publix” we get them so she can make it… and duck, that’s cooked there so that’s lunch :)

And i always buy some random Asian drink - usually lychee - most of the drinks are japan stuff
That reminds me, I have a duck in the freezer I need to cook soon.