Gravy's Cooking Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Lanx Lanx you do anything like this? Looks delicious. Are the Germans also have a dish that's pork knuckle that they braise and then roast, and it gets the skin to crackling awesomeness.

Edit: well that's gay, can't like the video. It's a Korean pork trotter dish. I've not ever cooked them, but I'm assuming if you did it right it would be succulent and wonderful.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx you do anything like this? Looks delicious. Are the Germans also have a dish that's pork knuckle that they braise and then roast, and it gets the skin to crackling awesomeness.

Edit: well that's gay, can't like the video. It's a Korean pork trotter dish. I've not ever cooked them, but I'm assuming if you did it right it would be succulent and wonderful.

thats basically soy sauce pigs feet

you can see maangchis recipe

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
thats basically soy sauce pigs feet

you can see maangchis recipe
I've just never thought about making those but that looks delicious. That's like the German thing. Really want to try to make both because they look delicious. The Oriental style looks like it's a bit softer, while the German is crispier. And it's different aromatics.

I just can't imagine either of them not tasting wonderful.

That channel also has a lot of really good Western European recipes and stuff about food. I think they've got an episode about Belgian french fries, and that whole industry / dish.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've just never thought about making those but that looks delicious. That's like the German thing. Really want to try to make both because they look delicious. The Oriental style looks like it's a bit softer, while the German is crispier. And it's different aromatics.

I just can't imagine either of them not tasting wonderful.

That channel also has a lot of really good Western European recipes and stuff about food. I think they've got an episode about Belgian french fries, and that whole industry / dish.

i had it in korea, skin is crispy, but i guess b/c like the video they sear after

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i had it in korea, skin is crispy, but i guess b/c like the video they sear after
I have just never seen that dish before, configured maybe you knew something about it. It looks wonderful and I guess torching it or throwing it over the grill will get you some crispy bits, but I can't imagine it's the same as the German version.

After all the Germans know how to heat up stuff in ovens...😉

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have just never seen that dish before, configured maybe you knew something about it. It looks wonderful and I guess torching it or throwing it over the grill will get you some crispy bits, but I can't imagine it's the same as the German version.

After all the Germans know how to heat up stuff in ovens...😉
try the soy sauce chicken, it's easier (well not this week, 2nd time in a row i went to publix and no whole chickens, cuz of storm) to get... i would follow this, he cooks it a bit different, than what i'm used to, but still the same

• 1Solidarity