Greatest Video Game(s) of All Time

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
There was an awesome Simpsons multiplayer arcade game that I loved.

That and Gauntlet.

Yes to Gauntlet. All the way. That game really was great. It was one of the first really good 4-player games. It was designed to devour quarters in the Arcades and Bowling Alleys, so in that sense it was sort of a cunt of a game, but once it came out for the home systems it was fun as fuck.

ValkyreIsAboutToDie is still maybe the single greatest handle any user on FoH has ever had. I think I really mean that. Best name ever.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
jesus, that level. i remember it being hard when i was 5, but damn! haven't seen it since then. "fuck you" to whatever designers decided it was a good idea to put that level so early in the game.

To this day I believe exactly 0% of the human beings who state that they beat that level.

I know one or two have done it. But I also know that the guy standing in front of me telling me he did.... didn't do it.

Battletoads is Satan.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
To this day I believe exactly 0% of the human beings who state that they beat that level.

I know one or two have done it. But I also know that the guy standing in front of me telling me he did.... didn't do it.

Battletoads is Satan.

I've beaten that level. I'm also one of the handful of people in the world who made it to level two of Top Gun for NES.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Final Fantasy Adventure

I almost posted this! I don't think I ever got to finish it because I borrowed it from a friend, but I remember it being a FF/Zelda hybrid. Man, Gameboy was a lot of fun back then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
jesus, that level. i remember it being hard when i was 5, but damn! haven't seen it since then. "fuck you" to whatever designers decided it was a good idea to put that level so early in the game.

Yeah, whoever is playing that in that video is a goddamn X-man or something.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I doubt I could do it again now that I'm a senior citizen, maybe if I spent a couple days practicing and then popped a double dose of adderall first.

Top Gun isn't actually hard, the issue is that the directions the game gives you to land on the aircraft carrier are flat out wrong and you will crash every single time if you follow them. So I just charged my autism up to super saiyan levels and played it over and over and over until I learned how to land on the carrier blind. Kinda like that Games Done Quick nerd who beat Punch Out blindfolded, except nowhere near as entertaining.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, whoever is playing that in that video is a goddamn X-man or something.

Lots of videos like that were actually recorded with the game running in an emulator at slow motion speeds, then sped up to normal speed to make it look legit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It would be hard to list the games all at once, so I'm going to go by console, starting with the first one I owned my mom didn't get my a regular Nintendo :(

SNES

Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Super Mario World
Chrono Trigger
Link to the past

N64
Star Fox 64
Perfect Dark/Golden Eye
Smash Bros
Ocarina/Majoras

PS1/2
Pretty much any FF except 12 released on these systems
MTG:S
RE 1 - 3
Castlevania SoTN
Soul Reaver

PS3/Xbox/360/Wii
God of War
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Halo 1 - 3
Demon Souls/Dark Souls 1-3

PC
Total Annihilation
Planescape Torment
Morrowind
HL1 and all its mods including Team Fortress Classic and Counterstrike 1.5
World of Warcraft and DAOC (popped cherry on DAoC)
C&C Red Alert 1 and 2 and Generals
Witcher 2 and 3
League and Dota 2
Path of Exiles
KOTOR
Bioshock

Mobile
Puzzles and Dragons

The above games I'm pretty sure have taken the majority of my time across most of the games.

Looking through the list, if somebody was pointing a gun at me and said choose, I'd go with HL (mods included)

Last edited:

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Battletoads is Satan.

Lol crazy but AVGN hosted a playthrough of the game. I think there's another vid of him beating the bike level after being taught how by Motherfucker Mike.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
My first video game. I will always love you
download.png

• 2Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Did you ever play the unofficial sequel Locomotion? I played that for a while instead, but ended up going back to OpenTTD.

I tried Locomotion but it didn't feel right. I've been playing OpenTTD since 2009 and prior to that TTDpatch. It's just a superior game. Something zen about building rail lines and watching cities grow. It's a nice game to multitask back in the day while playing p1999 or even at work. Can alt-tab and forget about it for hours and come back to it.

Haven't played C&C Red Alert in a while but this is pretty awesome:

Command & Conquer Online - CnCNet

Similar vein to OpenTTD with great multiplayer.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Lol crazy but AVGN hosted a playthrough of the game. I think there's another vid of him beating the bike level after being taught how by Motherfucker Mike.

I get it now!

At 2:14 the dude straight up says that the game is officially unbeatable in 2-Player mode.

That makes sense because I always played it 2-Player with my neighbor Danny.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe. Maaaaaaaybe.

But if so, then you are like in the elite strata of ordained seraphim.

I bow to you and consider you a God.

I hold top score in Galaga at the local college pizza place for now 20 years.

Go look up my intials

ASS

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
ValkyreIsAboutToDie is still maybe the single greatest handle any user on FoH has ever had. I think I really mean that. Best name ever.

Thanks dudebro. But people used to bitch that it was too long and fucked up the forum formatting, so I shortened it.

Aaaaanyway... my contribution to this thread:

Xenogears

• 1Solidarity

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shadow of the Colossus is probably my favorite game of all-time.

And I agree with 4-player Gauntlet.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>

Battletoads is Satan.

I beat that level AND the game. You had to farm extra lives in the vertical tunnel level by repeatedly killing the ravens.

Battletoads_Level_2_ravens.png

Sorry you lost.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Is it true that the PAL version of Battletoads actually ran at a normal speed on the bike level? Well, slower at least.