3. Super Tecmo Bowl
4. Mike Tysons Punch out.
5. NFL2k5
6. Everquest
7. Overwatch

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Holy shit yes on Punch Out. Oh my fucking god the hours I wasted on that and Blades of Steel in college....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
There are so many great games and systems over the years it's hard to pick them out. Here are a few we non-obvious picks.

Undying
Eternal Darkness
Wizardry 8

Fadaar

That guy
I didn't get to enjoy the 8 bit era much since I was born in 85, but I played entirely too much Bomber Raid on the SEGA Master and The Legend of Zelda on the NES. I also never owned a Super NES and am a terrible person for it.

Other systems, going by what system I played said game on --

N64: GoldenEye, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros, Turok 2, Ocarina of Time. Five games that I spent ENTIRELY too much time playing, especially SSB and MK64 in college.
PS1: FF7, 8, and 9. I don't care what anyone says I enjoyed the hell out of 8. I still play each of them every now and then when I get really bored and need something to play. I'm trying to think of other PS1 games I really enjoyed but coming up blank, always been more of a PC gamer than anything.
PS2: FF10. Yeah the protag is a whiny cunt and some of the characters and voice acting are laughably bad (laughably bad, see what I did there?) but it had the best combat system of any FF IMO.
PS3: Another system I didn't even own until 2011, but The Last of Us is one of those games that will easily stand the test of time. Perfection in every way except maybe the actual combat.
PS4: Nothing extremely spectacular that I've really enjoyed except for Shadow of Mordor. Complete surprise and a great game. Haven't gotten a chance to play Horizon yet, maybe during the summer when I get some extra time off work.
Xbox: Halo and Halo 2 are pretty much the only games I played, never owned the system myself. Halo put competitive console shooters on the map and Halo 2 perfected it. Despite my undying hatred for certain things it made popular like the minimap, 2 gun system, and regenerating health/shields, I can't ignore its importance.
Xbox 360: GTA5 without question. Picked it up for PS4 as well, still fire it up to fuck around every now and then.
Xboner: Eh really nothing exclusive I find spectacular
GameBoy: The original Pokemon Red/Blue, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Pokemon doesn't really hold up as well but still the inaugural entry to a big franchise.
PC: Where I've always spent the majority of my time gaming --

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (or whatever the title was for the original)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Sim City 2000
BioShock
BioShock Infinite
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
A bunch of early~ish id software games: Doom, Doom 2, Quake, Quake 2
Borderlands 2, loved the original but the sequel did everything better
Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike. Started playing CS pretty early on when it was still a mod for HL1 and sunk a lot of hours into it, and HL2 was probably the first game I can remember that told a story in a way that would rival the best Hollywood has to offer.
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout: New Vegas, would put 3 on here if Obsidian hadn't taken a giant shit all over Bethesda by doing it so much better
Homeworld, a great game that I never really got all that great at but can appreciate it for what it did
Mass Effect trilogy, I know it's hard for some people here to let shit go but I enjoyed the hell out of the whole ride until the very ending. While I was rather upset at the half assed copout way it ended up everything leading up to it was awesome.
The Witcher 3, another game that puts storytelling in the forefront and how it can make a great game
Xcom/Xcom 2
StarCraft & Diablo II, two games that took entirely too long for their (disappointing) sequels to come out. I wasted so many hours playing D2 in high school and college.
Total Annihilation. Probably my single favorite game of all time and often overlooked, was IMO the superior RTS to StarCraft in its time. The community and mods that came out for it still impress me.
World of Warcraft and EverQuest. The amount of time I spent playing these isn't measured in hours or days but in fucking years. I know my actual /played time across all my WoW characters combined is well over a year, and my EQ characters probably had quite a few months spread across them.
Battlefield franchise. Never played any prior to Battlefield 2 but I enjoyed the shit out of that and ended up playing a ton of Bad Company 2, BF3, and BF4 as a result.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Still laughing at Springbok suggesting Fifa.

For those of you that don't know it's an EA soccer franchise which has been going 20 years, it was infamous for barely changing each season except for rosters and lagged behind a Konami franchise.

In recent years it's become the #1 but still has versions with minimal improvements.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I can't find my old list, so it's time to make a new one. Here's my list - in no particular order.
  • Everquest 2 (Vanilla - TSO)
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Super Mario 64
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Banjo-Tooie (I think people overlook this title because it's a sequel to a a 3D platformer released on a console that was swimming with tons of 3D platformers but holy shit this game was amazing)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics (Entire series, including sequels)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (Best narrative in any game I have ever played)
  • Pokemon Heartgold & Soulsilver
  • Bravely Default
  • Transistor
  • Undertale
  • Dark Souls III

Last edited:

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
FIFA Street was dope though! One of my fave sports game. And can't forget NBA Street too dudes!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Best game of all time for me would probably be Masters of Orion 2, mainly because it's one of the few games I can truly say I have mastered. Sim City 2k would come a close second. But both are a bit dated now (mainly the interface). As for modern games, Skyrim sure has to be up there, even though I never finished the main quest. Must have spent 100+ hours just running around exploring and doing shit. WoW deserves an honourable mention, even though the last two expansions were not to my taste. I sure as hell played a lot around BC/Wrath.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Zork (I loved all of those Infocom games that they came out with)
Masters of Orion 2
Everquest

I know that is not a full game onto itself, but I played the Team Fortress mod for the original Quake for more hours than I can remember.

Last edited:

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I'm gonna have to nominate Transport Tycoon because it's the only game I still find myself playing decades later.

OpenTTD

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My family didn't get a computer until the 486 came out and SC2K was the first game I installed.

• 1Solidarity

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
  • Everquest
  • Fallout 1/2
  • Diablo 1/2
  • Thief
  • XCOM: Terror From The Deep
  • Baldur's Gate 2
  • System Shock
  • BioShock
  • Incubation
  • Ultima 3/4/5
  • Demons Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • Doom
  • Heretic
  • Portal
Now I feel old.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm gonna have to nominate Transport Tycoon because it's the only game I still find myself playing decades later.

OpenTTD

clarity.gif

Man, Transport Tycoon is the SHIT! Along with Sid Meier's Pirates! it's one of the few games I routinely play (OpenTTD now, like you mentioned) to this day at least a few times a year. Did you ever play the unofficial sequel Locomotion? I played that for a while instead, but ended up going back to OpenTTD.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, it did exactly what Kojima wanted it to do, which is challenge the player to question whether anything they thought to be true in the narrative was true.

It challenged players to still give a shit afterwards.

The whole concept is the type of thing a high school stoner finds super deep while everyone else rolls their eyes

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It challenged players to still give a shit afterwards.

The whole concept is the type of thing a high school stoner finds super deep while everyone else rolls their eyes

This is all I could think reading your post

HRoeGKb.jpg

• 2Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There was an awesome Simpsons multiplayer arcade game that I loved.

That and Gauntlet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I loved Baldur's Gate 2 but kind of disliked 1. I really hate low-level D&D so that is probably the reason. The game just felt really slow and boring compared to BG2 which was a masterpiece.

I also had no idea wtf THAC0 was so I just assumed like all previous RPG games higher number = better armor. I was really confused why my tatter loinclloth was giving me higher THAC0 than plate.