Gun control

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I explain it with this.
Denial seems to be an American trait. Stop passing the buck and man up and take some responsibility for your countries choices. All the naysayers about healthcare, guns, taxes are just being blinded by the old rich families. Your country is so polarized and lost in its identity. Remember that bandwagon you created when 9/11 happened? Remember all your whining once you realized those wars were laughably bad.

Can't honestly believe so many americans believe what these lobby groups want. I believe you need to be at war, you can't fathom the idea of not making new weapons.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Japan has an extremely low gun-related homicide rate. They must not have video games there.
rrr_img_4713.jpg

rrr_img_4713.jpg

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Am I an irresponsible gun owner because I don't keep my shit locked up?
If it is not directly under your control, or in a safe, yes.

Why do you need to have a gun in your desk drawer, cupboard or other unsecured location? What benefit does that provide?

EDIT: Maybe not completely irresponsible, but certainly not as responsible as you could be.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Denial seems to be an American trait. Stop passing the buck and man up and take some responsibility for your countries choices. All the naysayers about healthcare, guns, taxes are just being blinded by the old rich families. Your country is so polarized and lost in its identity. Remember that bandwagon you created when 9/11 happened? Remember all your whining once you realized those wars were laughably bad.

Can't honestly believe so many americans believe what these lobby groups want. I believe you need to be at war, you can't fathom the idea of not making new weapons.
I can't honestly believe that you're still talking. Seriously, just shut the fuck up, you obviously don't know a single fucking thing about America. I have no problem with stricter gun control laws, I only have a problem with ignorant retards like you who don't give a shit about gun control unless there was a recent mass shooting.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
To have it handy when you need it? Gun is pretty fucking useless of you're fumbling with a safe or a gun lock when someone is coming up your stairs.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
To have it handy when you need it? Gun is pretty fucking useless of you're fumbling with a safe or a gun lock when someone is coming up your stairs.
If you're that worried, keep it on your person. What if you are across the house from it? What if you are in the yard and you need to blast a fucker? What if you're in the shitter? A gun in your bedstand drawer doesnt do much good if you are taking a dump when you get invaded does it?

Juvarisx

Florida
But gun control doesn't do shit rabble rabble rabble.

Anyways, its effective if enforced properly, but its so engrained in American culture there's no point. Do civilians need assault rifles? No. In a hundred years when there is shit like personal railguns or pulse rifles or whatever I am sure some asshole will kill a bunch of kids with them too to this same tired debate.

roger_sl

shitlord
I can't honestly believe that you're still talking. Seriously, just shut the fuck up, you obviously don't know a single fucking thing about America. I have no problem with stricter gun control laws, I only have a problem with ignorant retards like you who don't give a shit about gun control unless there was a recent mass shooting.
Hail to you redneck.

rrr_img_4721.jpg

rrr_img_4721.jpg

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I honestly believe this one is happening, and that by the time most of us are in our ripe old age the war on drug will be looked back on as some archaic barbarity. Or maybe I just want to spend my retirement puffing a big opium pipe on the porch. Either way, this is probably the first and most vital step to ending a lot of killings, not just in the US. 50 000 have died in Mexico since 2006 courtesy of the drug war. If that'd been 50 000 white suburban Americans, it would already be over, but because they're poor and brown, apparently they can go get fucked. Same with all the black/latino kids who get shot up on corners in the states over bullshit.
iPhone is fucking me today. Ill be back later to fix this and educate another liberal

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I live in a country without the fear or being shot. Have you had a gun pulled on you by a random stranger? I sure as fuck have and so I can comment on the whole ordeal when I want. I could go on with about a million other things the US does that negatively affects my quality of living in Canada, especially the War on Drugs (which I bet causes a 1/3 of gun murders in Canada due to gangs and drugs).

Reason so much worldly hate towards your country, even if it is unjust or untrue, is your arrogance. And you are showing it perfectly.

You can just call m ignorant, and that I don't understand the US, but the truth is, you don't understand the rest of the world as it sees itself.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lanza stole the damn guns he used, all the damn safes or locks or background checks in world would notof prevented what he did.

And for fucks sake you fools act like America is Africa or something. I live in a start whereanyonecan carry a firearm concealed yet I've never had a gun pointed at me or threatened with one.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looked back a few pages and didn't see this. Mea culpa if I missed it.

http://gawker.com/5970497/while-the-...hooting-people

But before they could finish their sentence, the counterargument made itself as news broke of a mass shooting event in Pennsylvania with multiple casualties, including state troopers.
According to local reports out of Blair County, at least four people were killed and five more were injured in a shooting spree near Altoona. The gunman is said to be among the dead, and at least two state troopers were hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Lanza stole the damn guns he used, all the damn safes or locks or background checks in world would notof prevented what he did.

And for fucks sake you fools act like America is Africa or something. I live in a start whereanyonecan carry a firearm concealed yet I've never had a gun pointed at me or threatened with one.
Gun control reduces gun violence. It's a fact. Would it have prevented this specific event? There is absolutely no way to know. But what we do know is there are about five fucking dozen countries scattered around this Earth that prove gun control reduces gun violence. A lot.

I have no idea how people can continue to spout these talking points in the face of such overwhelming evidence. "It's violent video games and movies," "It's because we took god out of school," "It's because our teachers aren't armed," "It's because we don't have armed guards at every school," etc. Is there anything you people won't blame other than what is obviously the actual problem? Anything?

If you want to believe that the 2nd amendment is worth the price we pay in increased gun violence, okay, that's legitimate. But stop pretending like it's some baffling mystery as to why we have such a high level of gun-related violence in this country relative to every other similar country on the planet.